You must be Dohertys Dad. I wouldn’t have him in a squad of 40

B: White Riddle Symes

HB: Johnson Tennant Hyde

C: Keenan Danny Nolan Brunelli

HF: Saad Saad Cloke S.Harvey

F: Moorcroft Fitzgerald Saad

FOL: Dennis Donaldson Davies

INT: Finn Mitchell Perry Gannon

Lots of guns could easily get in like Hobbs, Shaw, legett, Meece, Jackson, Younan, b.harvey and more

B: White Riddle Symes

HB: Johnson Tennant Hyde

C: Keenan Danny Nolan Brunelli

HF: Saad Saad Cloke S.Harvey

F: Moorcroft Fitzgerald Saad

FOL: Dennis Donaldson Davies

INT: Finn Mitchell Perry Gannon

Lots of guns could easily get in like Hobbs, Shaw, legett, Meece, Jackson, Younan, b.harvey and more
Pretty hard to disagree here. Tennant - great addition. Sensational defender.

M
Mckeown, Hooper, Doherty, Jackson, Mclinden.
Finn was pretty good. Though hooper was the best ruckman in his few years in the comp.

McKeown is versatile and feature how many times in the team of year in multiple positions.

Connolly was a good mid in his time though Ryan Jackson has him covered.

A greensy side with riddle and mclinden in it very very hard to score against.

M

Finn was pretty good. Though hooper was the best ruckman in his few years in the comp.

McKeown is versatile and feature how many times in the team of year in multiple positions.

Connolly was a good mid in his time though Ryan Jackson has him covered.

A greensy side with riddle and mclinden in it very very hard to score against.
Hooper only played 2 years and was only the best Ruckmen in 1 of them. I think there are a number of ruckmen ahead of him. And Individually there is also a lot better defenders then Mclinden in the last 10 years

Hooper only played 2 years and was only the best Ruckmen in 1 of them. I think there are a number of ruckmen ahead of him. And Individually there is also a lot better defenders then Mclinden in the last 10 years

Besides Finn Hooper is probably the second best. Pay Flynn would be a chance if lower spent more time in div 1.

Hooper only played 2 years and was only the best Ruckmen in 1 of them. I think there are a number of ruckmen ahead of him. And Individually there is also a lot
Who would you have him in front of? I agree Mckeown, hooper shouldn’t be there and saad saad only played 2 years, but was a gun. I’d have Finn or Meece over hooper as second ruckman
Meese didn’t play enough local footy in the decade to get a chance.

Been looking at team of the year over the last decade and this is a team of players with multiple selections. 122 players have been selected in the teams

B: J.White (9) N Riddle (6) B Leggett (3)
HB: D Keenan (3) S Tennent (3) M Hyde (3)
C: R Jackson (3) B Davies (5) J Donaldson (4)
HF A Saad (3) C Cloke (3) N McKeown (4)
F: S Harvey (4) P Fitzgerald (7) G Moorcroft (6)
R: M Dennis (7) L Hobbs (6) M Brunelli (3)
Inter: D McLinden (3) C Gunn (3) J Johnston (3) S Gannon (3)

Captain: J White
Vice Captain P Fitzgerald and M Dennis

There were 24 players that have been selected twice

This is more of consistency over a long period of time of great NFL players

Happy to change position of players if need be, just going on my knowledge and were players selected in teams of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word has it that the salary caps for next year will be -
Div 1 $100k
Div 2 $80k
Div 3 $40k

And the NFNL are looking to bring in a senior playing levy per player like the juniors currently do.

Interesting if other leagues don't change theirs.

Div 1 $100k
Div 2 $80k
Div 3 $40k

And the NFNL are looking to bring in a senior playing levy per player like the juniors currently do.

It needs to be blanket across all leagues because if those figures are correct players will be looking to jump leagues very quickly.

Div 1 $100k
Div 2 $80k
Div 3 $40k

AFL Victoria will set the same salary for every competition. payments under the table will be massive next year, especially by the big well financed clubs!

Div 1 $100k
Div 2 $80k
Div 3 $40k

Based on a 9 game season, i've heard amounts half of what you have listed.

Also heard all metro leagues will be on a level playing field to stop a rush on players chasing $$$

Based on a 9 game season, i've heard amounts half of what you have listed.

Also heard all metro leagues will be on a level playing field to stop a rush on players chasing $$$
They might be the amounts for 2021 season. I can’t see this season going ahead this year unless the players, umpires, trainers etc, all do it for free.

Senior clubs currently doing a survey from league & most Div 1 clubs are saying no chance of revenue streams no footy.

Not if players playing for $0 which will the most likely scenario at a lot of clubs. I would say that a majority of players will play for $0 if it means playing football. It is only for half of the season. Money is not going to be offered going forward like it has in the past. Im sure if players have the best intentions of the club then forgoing match payments for 9 games is the least they can do

Not if players playing for $0 which will the most likely scenario at a lot of clubs. I would say that a majority of players will play for $0 if it means playing football. It is only for half of the season. Money is not going to be offered going forward like it has in the past. Im sure if players have the best intentions of the club then forgoing match payments for 9 games is the least they can do

It’s a big risk for players to play for nothing. A lot could work on Saturday & earn $400–$500
Each individuals circumstances will be different no doubt. The risk of serious injury & then not being able to work might be too great for some.

It’s a big risk for players to play for nothing. A lot could work on Saturday & earn $400–$500
Each individuals circumstances will be different no doubt. The risk of serious injury & then not being able to work might be too great for some.
Obviously, a lot still depends on the Victorian Government, but let's say the green light is given with crowds less than 100 attending.

Could do it, perhaps just a seniors comp, no ressies, no u19s, that way players who need to opt-out because of the risks to their livelihoods etc. can and a comp of sorts still gets run. 0 match payments, you may end up with a lot of younger players playing seniors. It would certainly throw a spanner into trying to pick form. The revenue is one thing, but a year of no footy may have longer-term impacts than a year with footy and zero revenue for clubs. If clubs minimise costs, work with local councils and think outside the square a bit you can get things happening. For community Footy clubs just to say we are not making money so we wont play to me is a very short-sighted, basically defeatist view. Here is an opportunity to put on a creative hat and think a bit, not just throw the hands in the air and say its too hard.

They should be turning over every rock to find a way to get it done. If it cant be done after all that, then at least they have had a red hot go at getting it up and running

You are dillusional if you think player payments are the only things clubs are worrying about. They fork out a hell of a lot more to run them. It will be cancelled within the next month or so

Definitely won’t be cancelled in the next month. Community sport is scheduled to begin in QLD and NSW on July 10th. Canteens and Bars open (with social distancing).No match payments means $80,000 saved, based on the salary cap for season. Of course there are other fees - council (very small), NFL ( lot lower), trainers, coaches, etc. All will take pay cuts just as umpires have. Players club fees will help Pay these bills as well. Some sponsors will come onboard as well (half fees).
It’s not all doom and gloom. For some in lower divisions it could mean the end if it doesn’t start up in some capacity.[/QUOTE]

The risk has always been there if players need to work them football will be the same risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back