NFNL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banyule the team to beat for me. I'd have Thommo over Eltham. Not sure about the Stars either.

Banyule the team to beat for me. I'd have Thommo over Eltham. Not sure about the Stars either.
Banyule certainly the Team to beat, Eltham at full strength could match them, Thommo has struggled recently were beaten soundly by Eltham on both occassions but on the other hand they should have beaten Banyule.
Maybe Banyule will do an Eltham and be the dominent Team all year and loose the one that counts.
Anything can happen at in a Grand Final.
Has anyone noticed that the grounds in Divy 2 on average are in much better condition than those in Divy 1.

Hats off to St Marys and the way they have adjusted to second division football with their performances over the last few weeks besides the Banyule bashing.

Great to see the Pingers get on the board on the weekend, although its unlikely they'll avoid relegation I think a win is definitely a bright spot in an otherwise disappointing year.

St. Marys also with a massive upset! Did Banyule have any personnel of note out? Or was it simply a case of one team adapting to the conditions better on the day?

Great to see the Pingers get on the board on the weekend, although its unlikely they'll avoid relegation I think a win is definitely a bright spot in an otherwise disappointing year.

It is great to see, I was wondering if the brave decision they made last year to come to Div 2 would now be looked at as a incorrect one.

They were guaranteed a few years of not getting relegated but in the end you still want to have a few wins. Hopefully this is one of a few this year and the decision proves to be a good one.

I didn’t think there was relegation this year with the goal to create a 10 team division 2 next year?

Any chance of Eltham moving up to Div 1 where they belong.......

No one belongs anywhere its a rather silly post mate.

Have to earn a spot in Div 1 and whilst Banyule are clearly, at the moment the team to beat I reckon there is a few more that will still give themselves a chance. I have a feeling there is still to be some twists and turns in this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to earn a spot in Div 1 and whilst Banyule are clearly, at the moment the team to beat I reckon there is a few more that will still give themselves a chance. I have a feeling there is still to be some twists and turns in this season.
St marys v stars round 18 will determine 4th spot...heard it here first

Fair point mate just having a dig at them. Just strange seeing them in Div 2. Yeah Banyule seem like the leaders of the pack here, especially if Ricky Dyson plays at the pointy end of the season. They have a solid all-round side. Nice rise by them for a fairly new team to the NFNL. Shame Thomo can't be more consistent, I always see them as a bogey team

Fair point mate just having a dig at them. Just strange seeing them in Div 2. Yeah Banyule seem like the leaders of the pack here, especially if Ricky Dyson plays at the pointy end of the season. They have a solid all-round side. Nice rise by them for a fairly new team to the NFNL. Shame Thomo can't be more consistent, I always see them as a bogey team

Thommo can’t play well enough because there all for themselves been watching games via net over here in NZ and just looks like a selfish team.

Bugger me, who’d wanna be a coach :'(
Goona seeing the year out?

Apparently not doona caretaker coach in crappy handling by thommo. Could of let the bloke coach the year out his done wonders for that team

100% agree, wont lie Ben has been one of my closest friends since we were year 7/8 at school, we've got each other thru some tough times, but never done our footy together as we've had different pathways and things to tick off in terms of our football interests.
Personally I'd have him at our NAB League organisation in aheartbeat for anything developmental - he knows the game, his delivery is always impressive and relevant (don't waffle on) ... Thommo's loss when they should be refocussing on picking themselves up and mounting a finals challenge they offload the bloke driving the bus..

I get that he may have been honest in allowing the club to start looking for 2020 by saying he wouldn't be seeking re-appointment, and hey we've all had to do that at some point in our clubs better interest, but I'm certain he wasn't looking to be shown the door.
Honesty, integrity, clarity and respect are words that not all local coaches always adhere to - and sadly some clubs don't either.
I had another mate at Thommo a few years back who woulda worked in well with Goona but was told he was unwanted before Ben could reach out for a yak.

Hopefully Clears is ok, or did they move him on to?

One side of local footy I will never understand

G'day all,

I know how the truth can get a little stretched on here so to put the rumours to bed.

On Tuesday, I notified the club of my intention not to seek reappointment for season 2020. It was my intention to coach out the remainder of the season. Last night the club informed me that they thought it was in the best interest of the club for me to end my tenure immediately.
I'm proud of what we have been able to achieve as a club during my time and wish the club all the best for the remainder of the season and the future.

G'day all,

I know how the truth can get a little stretched on here so to put the rumours to bed.

On Tuesday, I notified the club of my intention not to seek reappointment for season 2020. It was my intention to coach out the remainder of the season. Last night the club informed me that they thought it was in the best interest of the club for me to end my tenure immediately.
I'm proud of what we have been able to achieve as a club during my time and wish the club all the best for the remainder of the season and the future.

You're a good man Goona, public showings of affection aint my strong suit but you continually impress me my friend :thumbsu:

G'day all,

Well done on getting the truth out there. For me it leaves a question mark over the hierarchy. But congrats on getting on the front foot. Good luck in your next adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back