NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Moorcroft to south morang. Be interesting to see if he can still perform.

he’ll be 47 by the time the season starts ,
could probably still kick some bags.
but i reckon anyone that gets him as a matchup could get 40+ running off him as i doubt he’ll chase at that age.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

but i reckon anyone that gets him as a matchup could get 40+ running off him as i doubt he’ll chase at that age.

It’s an unbelievable effort to go around again at that age. Must love the game.

South have recruited pretty nicely so far.

To be honest with the list he inherited and being minor premiers last year it’s promotion or fail in my books.

Eltham have recruited 2 from craigieburn, probably not the best side to recruit from lol…not sure if that’s the coaches doing or someone else involved at the club.

Eltham obviously a good side but imo their depth flattered their nearly perfect home and away season.

Everyone seemed to have bad injuries and sickness this year and Eltham were able to cover it much better easier due to their depth. When teams had their best sides in come finals the gap was closed.

They need a ruckman, 2 grand finals in a row I’ve seen they were absolutely massacred in the ruck. I know they don’t grow on trees but like Thomastown with Coulson you just need to find one.

Eltham obviously a good side but imo their depth flattered their nearly perfect home and away season.

Everyone seemed to have bad injuries and sickness this year and Eltham were able to cover it much better easier due to their depth. When teams had their best sides in come finals the gap was closed.

They need a ruckman, 2 grand finals in a row I’ve seen they were absolutely massacred in the ruck. I know they don’t grow on trees but like Thomastown with Coulson you just need to find one.

They don’t grow on trees but if you are prepared to plant a magic money in there backyard you can probably get a decent one. Just like Thomastown did.

They don’t grow on trees but if you are prepared to plant a magic money in there backyard you can probably get a decent one. Just like Thomastown did.
Can't see Coulson winning Thommo a flag like Flynn and Martin did for LP and Banyule respectively.
Surely Eltham invest in the development of Maley, get him in the strong room over summer and recruit him some help

Would be as fit as almost anyone in division 2. Knowone is getting many touches on him going the other way. 40+ is taking piss obviously.

It’s an unbelievable effort to go around again at that age. Must love the game.

South have recruited pretty nicely so far.
Hearing a lot of the younger talent not happy, some not even spoken to yet. No Ressies coach and no announcements of Coach appointments. I find it odd after winning a flag, that the ressies coach would walk?? Any one know the reason he walked?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing a lot of the younger talent not happy, some not even spoken to yet. No Ressies coach and no announcements of Coach appointments. I find it odd after winning a flag, that the ressies coach would walk?? Any one know the reason he walked?
Garbage. Not spoken to about what? Why would they be unhappy?
Lots of reasons why a reserves coach would walk. Family, work, other commitments or simply just doesn't want to do it. Not really a big deal.
They've been training for a couple of weeks now, I'm sure the players know what's going on.

From there page it looks a lot of players have resigned, plus recruiting not to bad.

Great that Matt Perry has re-signed with Northcote Park. Class player and would have received plenty of offers but has stayed at the cougars

Hearing whispers that the league is auditing thomastown’s financials for breach of “salary” cap! Few players could be heading out the door.

Watch this space 👀…….

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back