NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

There were 4 names that were mentionedw NFNL clubs, these were juniors who haven’t played seniors at Eltham. Add to that McCaffer returning is a good list to start with. I think the big question will be the captain coach model going forward. For mine that needs to be clear to incoming players.

There were 4 names that were mentionedw NFNL clubs, these were juniors who haven’t played seniors at Eltham. Add to that McCaffer returning is a good list to start with. I think the big question will be the captain coach model going forward. For mine that needs to be clear to incoming players.

Where has this come from? Who else are you talking about?

Where has this come from? Who else are you talking about?
Just a discussion with some people last Saturday. The players are on their list to contact to see if there is interest in returning.

My sense of humour was missed. They are already on the recruiting drive from discussions I had at PCOlastweekend. One thing is there a a number of ex panther players at current divvy 1 clubs who just may want to go back next year.
Apologies, I did miss the humour on this!
Good news for them if this happens and possibly bad news for whichever clubs in Div 1 these guys are currently at.

Lower should be announcing their coach for 24 season by the end of weekend or early next week. I don’t know why it’s been held off until now but for those who love a conspiracy, couple of clubs had presentation nights this week, so read into that what you may. Personally, I have no idea who will be announced.

Lower should be announcing their coach for 24 season by the end of weekend or early next week. I don’t know why it’s been held off until now but for those who love a conspiracy, couple of clubs had presentation nights this week, so read into that what you may. Personally, I have no idea who will be announced.
Will need more than a coach or two. Need some of your players back from other clubs (keys, barden to name two) and probably 8 to 10 to fill the magoos to put pressure on 1s.

Huge job as the fall was dramatic. Think it can be done but will not be overnight fix.

Research alignment has to be solidified, the turtles have to be attractive for research locals. It's been a success for years for the bears but they cannot afford to lose that.

Also better looking bar staff, bloke that served me this year would scare most away from having a second beer.....

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will need more than a coach or two. Need some of your players back from other clubs (keys, barden to name two) and probably 8 to 10 to fill the magoos to put pressure on 1s.

Huge job as the fall was dramatic. Think it can be done but will not be overnight fix.

Research alignment has to be solidified, the turtles have to be attractive for research locals. It's been a success for years for the bears but they cannot afford to lose that.

Also better looking bar staff, bloke that served me this year would scare most away from having a second beer.....

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
My understanding from sitting on the table as Keys old man at Lower Presentation Night was that his son wouldn’t be playing at all next season. I’d imagine Darcy will continue at Macleod, has just come 2nd in their B&F and made team of the year.

All the Knights kids are signed up for next season and I’m guessing some announcements will be made shortly re a coach and recruits that follow.

The relationship with Research remains on a strong footing and although the College may seem like an attractive option from an outside perspective, the reality is the opposite.

As for that bar staff, I’ll have you know that at the ladies day I was very attractive to all the women after about their 7th glass of champagne!

My understanding from sitting on the table as Keys old man at Lower Presentation Night was that his son wouldn’t be playing at all next season. I’d imagine Darcy will continue at Macleod, has just come 2nd in their B&F and made team of the year.

All the Knights kids are signed up for next season and I’m guessing some announcements will be made shortly re a coach and recruits that follow.

The relationship with Research remains on a strong footing and although the College may seem like an attractive option from an outside perspective, the reality is the opposite.

As for that bar staff, I’ll have you know that at the ladies day I was very attractive to all the women after about their 7th glass of champagne!

That’s good to hear, but I only disagree with the turtles comment. Lower got smashed 16 of 18 games, by all reports struggled for people to show up to training played people who didn’t train. Have sacked 3rd coach since beating the panthers.
I’d say the turtles, who will win a lot more than they lose, allegedly signed Macaffer, hard to believe but doing the rounds.
One team is a chance for a flag the other will be fighting off relegation, if I was kid outside perspective looks quite good to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s good to hear, but I only disagree with the turtles comment. Lower got smashed 16 of 18 games, by all reports struggled for people to show up to training played people who didn’t train. Have sacked 3rd coach since beating the panthers.
I’d say the turtles, who will win a lot more than they lose, allegedly signed Macaffer, hard to believe but doing the rounds.
One team is a chance for a flag the other will be fighting off relegation, if I was kid outside perspective looks quite good to me.
Smashed 16 of 18 games, really? Obviously some heavy hits were taken but I suggest you check the results in a bit more depth.

Training attendance could’ve been better overall but from a one’s and third’s perspective it was ok. Obviously twos as the year went on was an issue. We also had 10 season ending injuries in thirds and a hefty injury list in the ones by the end.

Ben Turner was coach when we beat Eltham in 2018 and had a 5 year stint at the club. Plunks took over for two seasons, so that’s two (not 3) coaches in 7 seasons.

As for Research Juniors, mate I’m a life member at the club as well as Lower, I’m also a life member at Research Eltham Collegians Cricket Club, so I’m heavily involved in the communities and would like to think I have an understanding.

Sure the Turtles would no doubt jump at an opportunity and over the years have probably tried, same as Panton Hill have tried and even Heidelberg enquired. As I’ve said previously, since the first under 19’s in 1996 there has been an association between Research and Lower and although personal tend to change more frequently at junior clubs and sometimes those personal have different agendas, the two clubs have a strong understanding and relationship that is continually worked upon and maintained.

If there is an issue that hinders, it’s operating within two differing councils which makes it hard to incorporate Research games at Lower but in saying that, it wouldn’t be any easier if the Turtles dangled that as a carrot as I know from speaking to the grounds person up there, the school wouldn’t allow any extra usage to the extent of Sunday games or extra training during the season. In his words “the school only gives a f&@k about the ground being good enough for school teams”! Hence why they will never pay for improved drainage etc.

There may even be a day where Lower Plenty becomes the ‘Lower Plenty-Research Football Netball Club! It has been tossed around.

So in closing, we’ve had a shit and the worst year in my time involved. It will not be the same next year, no matter what others may think and that’s because those players who went through it are invested in the club and will continue to support it, and we will recruit what we need to support them!

Stay tuned folks and you will be informed🤙

Just keep hearing rumours about TT players leaving. Mernda trying to pinch a few, West Heidelberg trying to lure their blokes back. Leonardis with offers in D1 everywhere.

Going to be a busy off season for them. Need to name a coach first

Have heard this too. Mernda are trying to load up to get out of D3. If they get to D2 they will go straight past TT.

Smashed 16 of 18 games, really? Obviously some heavy hits were taken but I suggest you check the results in a bit more depth.

Training attendance could’ve been better overall but from a one’s and third’s perspective it was ok. Obviously twos as the year went on was an issue. We also had 10 season ending injuries in thirds and a hefty injury list in the ones by the end.

Ben Turner was coach when we beat Eltham in 2018 and had a 5 year stint at the club. Plunks took over for two seasons, so that’s two (not 3) coaches in 7 seasons.

As for Research Juniors, mate I’m a life member at the club as well as Lower, I’m also a life member at Research Eltham Collegians Cricket Club, so I’m heavily involved in the communities and would like to think I have an understanding.

Sure the Turtles would no doubt jump at an opportunity and over the years have probably tried, same as Panton Hill have tried and even Heidelberg enquired. As I’ve said previously, since the first under 19’s in 1996 there has been an association between Research and Lower and although personal tend to change more frequently at junior clubs and sometimes those personal have different agendas, the two clubs have a strong understanding and relationship that is continually worked upon and maintained.

If there is an issue that hinders, it’s operating within two differing councils which makes it hard to incorporate Research games at Lower but in saying that, it wouldn’t be any easier if the Turtles dangled that as a carrot as I know from speaking to the grounds person up there, the school wouldn’t allow any extra usage to the extent of Sunday games or extra training during the season. In his words “the school only gives a f&@k about the ground being good enough for school teams”! Hence why they will never pay for improved drainage etc.

There may even be a day where Lower Plenty becomes the ‘Lower Plenty-Research Football Netball Club! It has been tossed around.

So in closing, we’ve had a s**t and the worst year in my time involved. It will not be the same next year, no matter what others may think and that’s because those players who went through it are invested in the club and will continue to support it, and we will recruit what we need to support them!

Stay tuned folks and you will be informed🤙
Turner
Ryan
Plunkett
New coach tomorrow.
So 4 coaches since 2018 as of tomorrow.

Turner
Ryan
Plunkett
New coach tomorrow.
So 4 coaches since 2018 as of tomorrow.
Wrong again. BT came on board as an assistant to Chopper after he got the sack from Borough. Chopper took over from Vinny Datoli and coached 2016 when we finished last in Div 1 and 2017 when we finished 4th in Div 2. BT coached the Div 2 flag in 2018, last in Div 1 2019, Covid 2020, equal top with Banyule in 21. Plunks 22-23. So two coaches across 6 seasons from 18-23.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back