NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Watsonia may have won the Battle, but they may loose the war.
Great result for them this year, However OP’s on the match will likely worry Watsonia, along with no Bundoora ressies to pick off and no junior program. Laurimar with plenty of young talent, it may be the case of one step back, two steps forward.

Thought the season was going to be a ripper.
Not sure it was.
When the 2 sides that finish 4th and 5th lose more games than they won doesn’t say much.
And yes I know anything can happen in finals but I don’t think that will be the case moving forward.

What a fall from grace for St Mary’s. Surely questions will be asked of the coach and whether or not he keeps his job going forward after today.

Watsonia may have won the Battle, but they may loose the war.
Great result for them this year, However OP’s on the match will likely worry Watsonia, along with no Bundoora ressies to pick off and no junior program. Laurimar with plenty of young talent, it may be the case of one step back, two steps forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 years is a long time but Carelli needs to receive congratulations for his time at St Mary's
Disappointing end for them but there will be plenty of strong applicants for the role

Congratulations to Whittlesea, Diamond Creek, Sth Morang, Lower Plenty and Thomastown on making finals, especially Lower who had many, like me didn't have them playing finals.

Now for finals, can Whittlesea yo-yo back up to Division 1 or will Diamond Creek or Sth Morang take that step

Can anyone see Lower or Thom beating either Diamond Creek or sth morang in week 2 of finals?

Panton Hill have announced the re-signing of their coach. Should have made finals last season with the recruitment they did and have achieved the same ladder position this year with less wins. Should they have looked at a change?

Did their season go up in smoke?
Not at all. According to some their season was a success, as they could have spent the money to get players and stay in Div 2. But decided not to and instead develop their own. So they will be better for the experience when they come back up in 2026. A well thought out plan that is all going as hoped it seems.

Div 3 clubs should just sit back and not waste their money in 2025. Laurimar are a lock.

Not at all. According to some their season was a success, as they could have spent the money to get players and stay in Div 2. But decided not to and instead develop their own. So they will be better for the experience when they come back up in 2026. A well thought out plan that is all going as hoped it seems.

Div 3 clubs should just sit back and not waste their money in 2025. Laurimar are a lock.
Eyes_and_Ears be careful luvastory will come hard at you for knocking Laurimar

Great weekend of footy at Epping, cracking ground, lets hope the wind does not play a part....which it has been known to do.

Diamo v South - 1st meeting in '24 was a SM away win which probably surprised a few then last week DC flexed some muscle and won comfortably but both sides knew they were playing each other this week so I am not sure how that played out. Obviously both teams will line up differently from both games. Genuinely think this will be a cracker with a kick in it. For mine toss of the coin and think that SM will reverse last week and take the W, just.

Bears v Bears - Most predicted wither a relegation or at best bottom 2 for the LP bears. They have clearly shown something this year and really should be commended for it. On paper the Thomo bears have a cracking team but they have had that in past seasons finals and shown nothing. LP bears have wood over the Thomo bears this year with a 2p and 28p win. Finals are a different caper, but I expect the youth of the LP bears to run away with this by 5 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back