NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a very disappointing year for Whittlesea or Diamond Creek to miss the GF.
Good on South Morang for making the GF. Based on how the season has gone, one of the three sides was going to be disappointed. What we have seen so far in the finals is that nothing separates them and anyone who is slightly off will find themselves on the losing end. Yes, it will be disappointing for whoever loses on Saturday, the winner is also a 50/50 chance of playing D1 next year.

The best three sides remain, hopefully they can put their sides on the park and put on a great show for the fans of their sides and any neutrals who attend. It should be a cracking couple of weeks of D2 footy.

Going to be a very disappointing year for Whittlesea or Diamond Creek to miss the GF.
10571z great effort by Sth Morang to make GF
I think for the eagles who didn't win a game in division 1 last year to be in this position I think regardless of next Saturdays result it's been a positive season
For the demons, if they don't make the grand final it would be a big disappointment. Dominate reserves and very good 19's, they need to get up into Division 1. If not, they run the risk of losing some of those reserves and 19's especially to some Div 3 clubs close by.

Lets hope the next two weekends we get better weather, the wind makes for horrible footy. Sth Morang sit back and wait, be massive for them if they can jump into Division 1

I think for the eagles who didn't win a game in division 1 last year to be in this position I think regardless of next Saturdays result it's been a positive season
For the demons, if they don't make the grand final it would be a big disappointment. Dominate reserves and very good 19's, they need to get up into Division 1. If not, they run the risk of losing some of those reserves and 19's especially to some Div 3 clubs close by.

Lets hope the next two weekends we get better weather, the wind makes for horrible footy. Sth Morang sit back and wait, be massive for them if they can jump into Division 1
Diamond Creek would not fair well in div 1

Eagles were undefeated for a huge chunk of the season. Anything less than a GF would be disappointing.

South Morang simply a huge effort and peaking at the right time

Club is flying!
Two 17s teams
19s and two in prelim
Seniors into GF
Things look good for them no matter the result in a fortnight
I still think they may get done in the Grand Final. But your are correct. The club is in an amazing position to enter Division 1 in the next few years. Need to get there obviously. But when they do, I think it may be a big stint up there.

Whittlesea undefeated until 3 weeks ago, they have paid a fortune to get the coach in and from what ive seen picked up older players well passed their best apart from a couple like Coen, ,if they dont win it, watch this space.
Is Ramsay good enough in a finals situation? Its been talked about previously...

They have been the team to beat all year, im tipping out in straight sets.

Whittlesea undefeated until 3 weeks ago, they have paid a fortune to get the coach in and from what ive seen picked up older players well passed their best apart from a couple like Coen, ,if they dont win it, watch this space.
Is Ramsay good enough in a finals situation? Its been talked about previously...

They have been the team to beat all year, im tipping out in straight sets.
NFNL Member which older players have they picked up
Hobbs, Coen and Langford were all whittlesea players before leaving
Playing at 22 points each week
Club seems very happy to re-appoint Ramsay
Coming back from last year when they didn't win a game would think its been positive year for the Eagles
Where did you have them at start if the season?
Most had Diamond Creek winning it, including myself. If they go out on Saturday it's no reward for 2 years of work

Club is flying!
Two 17s teams
19s and two in prelim
Seniors into GF
Things look good for them no matter the result in a fortnight

Some big signings as well, one already confirmed on here weeks ago but rumour doing the finals venue over the weekend is a previous Div 1 Premiership winner, NFNL medal winner and regarded as a superstar of the NFNL is coming back to the league and has signed at South Morang.

Seems some smart moves being made at the Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some big signings as well, one already confirmed on here weeks ago but rumour doing the finals venue over the weekend is a previous Div 1 Premiership winner, NFNL medal winner and regarded as a superstar of the NFNL is coming back to the league and has signed at South Morang.

Seems some smart moves being made at the Club.
Who? Matt Dennis is the only guess I can think of

I heard Dennis to Mernda.
Will be a massive pick up wherever he ends up. He might look at dropping down from Div 1 footy with Matty turning 47 before the start of next season. He still went real well in Div 1 EDFL this year so you would think Bundoora would be trying to get him back.

Will be a massive pick up wherever he ends up. He might look at dropping down from Div 1 footy with Matty turning 47 before the start of next season. He still went real well in Div 1 EDFL this year so you would think Bundoora would be trying to get him back.
Wasnt he retiring after he finished up in Tassie during Covid?
Amazing he$ $till going.

NFNL Member which older players have they picked up
Hobbs, Coen and Langford were all whittlesea players before leaving
Playing at 22 points each week
Club seems very happy to re-appoint Ramsay
Coming back from last year when they didn't win a game would think its been positive year for the Eagles
Where did you have them at start if the season?
Most had Diamond Creek winning it, including myself. If they go out on Saturday it's no reward for 2 years of work
Those 3 you mentioned are all probably passed their best, Langford would be lucky to get a game in most other sides so i don't know why they are playing him instead of a few kids they could be.
Regardless of where anyone picked them at the start of the year, they were undefeated until 3 weeks ago so clearly the team to beat.
Re appoint him? didn't he sign for 2 years??? at huge money!! but hey they love throwing it away.
I don't think you can compare a winless Div 1 season with a near undefeated Div 2 season but yes of course its positive, Depends where you want to be as a Club but we know this is what they do and have been in this position many times over the years.
If they lose on Saturday, and i expect them to, it will be interesting to see what the Clubs reaction is and if those 3 players continue.( id expect Cohen to)
If they win and end up winning the GF, it will be even more interesting what the Club does going back into Div 1 because if a few retire, their list will be back to 2023 standards.

Have heard Nick Hind is a chance to be at diamo
next year

Those 3 you mentioned are all probably passed their best, Langford would be lucky to get a game in most other sides so i don't know why they are playing him instead of a few kids they could be.
Regardless of where anyone picked them at the start of the year, they were undefeated until 3 weeks ago so clearly the team to beat.
Re appoint him? didn't he sign for 2 years??? at huge money!! but hey they love throwing it away.
I don't think you can compare a winless Div 1 season with a near undefeated Div 2 season but yes of course its positive, Depends where you want to be as a Club but we know this is what they do and have been in this position many times over the years.
If they lose on Saturday, and i expect them to, it will be interesting to see what the Clubs reaction is and if those 3 players continue.( id expect Cohen to)
If they win and end up winning the GF, it will be even more interesting what the Club does going back into Div 1 because if a few retire, their list will be back to 2023 standards.
Pretty good judge I think.
Ramsay can’t coach.
Pressure cooker of finals has exposed him again.
Pretty ordinary day all round for the Eagles today.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back