NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting thoughts Rock,

As for me I’m one of those “Ferals” you would’ve heard me no doubt! As for the statements you’ve made i find them quite a bit of the mark.

I’ll start at the top
The blokes piling into the back of the utes are most if not all of the 2s boys! And now we’ve got a 19s it’s a fair wack of them aswell. ( Just so I can give a face to the feral army)
And it’s a strong showing at home or away. Normally much more than the opposition.

What I’m struggling with is the abuse part? Unless you’re talking about the friendly fire normally aimed at our players? Or are you referring to us always asking for a barrel from the fullback? Or the gentle ribbing over a missed kick or shocking haircut? (Which is normally offered to be fixed by our qualified barber)
I think you interpreted light hearted banter as abuse.

Now I understand that 1 or 2 comments have toed the line in the past. But trust me that we don’t stand for that as a group and the collective of us pull up individuals that make unfair comments.

As for supporter abuse I have not once seen this. What’s the point of it. Most supporters away or home normally have a laugh or throw something back like “how was the 12oclock game” which is a laugh

And for the amber ale assumption way way off the mark
We’re a new club and most players are under 23 and on their Ps so can’t even have 1 beer. and the rest of us drive.

Also I’m glad youve mentioned that we clean up after ourselves home or away (which can’t be said for a lot) support the food provided home or away and hang around in the rooms home or away or the fact that most of the time the opposition players clap us or thank us for the day (like Saturday past)

Oh wait....

Be happy to have you whenever we play whoever it is you support mate

Then maybe you can write an educated piece on the “ferals”

The Laurimar boys were up on the hill at Eltham yesterday and I thought they were fine. Loud and proud but nothing wrong with that, some good natured ribbing. Its part of what makes local footy great.

The Laurimar boys were up on the hill at Eltham yesterday and I thought they were fine. Loud and proud but nothing wrong with that, some good natured ribbing. Its part of what makes local footy great.
As long as it’s just sensible friendly banter I think it’s great! When it’s aggressive and causes fights then their is a issue.

Good on them for sticking around every week and creating a bit of atmosphere at their club.

I haven’t noticed them but I’ll keep at eye out when I attend a Laurimar game.

Young blokes in the back of a Ute.... Isn’t it pretty much standard issue at local footy...?!? Surely this not a topic

Can confirm there is some truth to this. Not much to report as of yet, but wheels are definitely in motion as we speak.

Should be an enormous boost for the Turtles, and possibly propel them as contenders???

Turtles are pretty unlucky not to be 2-2 at the moment. Had the game all but won against South Morang but the last quarter went for about 33 minutes when they were kicking against the wind and none on the bench. Just couldn't grind it out after being 17 points up at the 25 minute mark or so. inaccurate kicking cost them.

Similarly the week before against Kilmore were pretty unlucky kicking 8 behinds in the last quarter and going down by 2 goals. They had a free about 25-30m out on a slight angle to give them the lead and then the free kick was reversed giving Kilmore the ball who took it down and kicked a goal.

They're doing well the Turtles for their first year in the comp and having 17 new players in the 1s this year (4 more played their first game on the weekend). They had more inside 50s than Laurimar on the weekend but kept turning it over, if they had a big key forward it might be enough to get the wins ticking over.

The weekends game against Laurimar had to be stopped for about 5 minutes at the start of the last quarter when a kangaroo jumped the fence and bounded around the wing on the clubrooms side of the ground. Sat there for a minute or so before completing a lap of the oval and leaping away back over the fence.

Young blokes in the back of a Ute.... Isn’t it pretty much standard issue at local footy...?!? Surely this not a topic

Yes pretty normal for reserves and some 19s to stick around and support the seniors. The problem can be if people are carrying on and swearing especially if young kids are around. Clubs are now becoming very family orientated and encouraging the young kids to come along. But if a dad hears bad language then it can create long term issues at the club as word spreads fast in the junior footy community.

Turtles are pretty unlucky not to be 2-2 at the moment. Had the game all but won against South Morang but the last quarter went for about 33 minutes when they were kicking against the wind and none on the bench. Just couldn't grind it out after being 17 points up at the 25 minute mark or so. inaccurate kicking cost them.

Similarly the week before against Kilmore were pretty unlucky kicking 8 behinds in the last quarter and going down by 2 goals. They had a free about 25-30m out on a slight angle to give them the lead and then the free kick was reversed giving Kilmore the ball who took it down and kicked a goal.

They're doing well the Turtles for their first year in the comp and having 17 new players in the 1s this year (4 more played their first game on the weekend). They had more inside 50s than Laurimar on the weekend but kept turning it over, if they had a big key forward it might be enough to get the wins ticking over.

The weekends game against Laurimar had to be stopped for about 5 minutes at the start of the last quarter when a kangaroo jumped the fence and bounded around the wing on the clubrooms side of the ground. Sat there for a minute or so before completing a lap of the oval and leaping away back over the fence.

I’ve heard tales of kangaroos bounding on to the field and laying a few Shephard’s for the turtles in years past.

Perhaps the coach can dust off the boots and wind back the clock and be the missing link forward? Went very well back in the day

It becomes an issue when people run to this forum and complain about it though, like what happened a few weeks ago.

Both sets of fans appeared to be having a great afternoon, looking forward to the return fixture later on in the year (y)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost got there lalor. No1 gave them any chance and although they didnt win it proves they are heading in the right direction!

Almost got there lalor. No1 gave them any chance and although they didnt win it proves they are heading in the right direction!
I Was there watching that match. Lalor looked to have it in the last 10 mins. Two misses from close range cost them. They are going in right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back