NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t agree more that blokes enjoying their footy is the number one priority...

But, having said that, you need to create a club culture where everyone, regardless of age, wants to play at the highest level. Laurimar obviously doing this well... Mernda and South probably need some work in this area.
Laurimar have had one of their best Under 19 players leave the club and I believe their full forward has been asked to leave the club both in the last 2 weeks. Maybe their culture is not as it should be.

Laurimar have had one of their best Under 19 players leave the club and I believe their full forward has been asked to leave the club both in the last 2 weeks. Maybe their culture is not as it should be.

Clearly you don’t know what you’re talking about, from what I see the culture is pretty strong down there so that’s all I’ll say on that matter, surely you can read between the lines

“Be shocked” go through the 19’s sides and the senior sides and see who is sitting on 8 games and since that moment haven’t played another game. South dropped 2 this week, Mernda a couple a few weeks ago all would be in there respective clubs best 22.
Or is it a case of the tail wagging the dog.
And anyone that says otherwise is just looking to s**t stir and argue.
I’m sure sponsors don’t get to a position to be able to sponsor and hand over money by accepting mediocrity..
Like I said explains why laurimar are where they are,everyone working together ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why don’t mill park u/19 get a mention?? They have about 6 or 7 players in the same boat .

If they are asking players to leave for poor behaviour I’d say that’s a good culture...

A few other sides in this division should take note.

Does anyone know why the bulldog bloods forfeited their last two games? They had a full team against eltham and greensborough but then seems like the kids dropped off

Does anyone know why the bulldog bloods forfeited their last two games? They had a full team against eltham and greensborough but then seems like the kids dropped off
I can help with that one...

1. We had some Friday night matches originally scheduled that were moved to Saturday morning games due to circumstances that both playing clubs couldn't avoid on the upcoming weekend.
2. That lead to some uncertainty surrounding players availability and management of off-field operations.
3. Lower Plenty were amazing in shifting a stand-alone U19 game to North while their seniors played at Heidelberg, this helped that particular weekend - Huge effort by the Bears.
4. Both Lalor and North were scratching to get a reserves side up due to injury and availability, playing away from the seniors and on the Saturday morning forced clubs to re-think priorities although every effort was being made to secure games.
5. Mill Park, Watsonia, Diamond Creek, Lalor and North all worked together in trying to schedule a suitable venue and time however, the Friday night wasn't an option and the Saturday fixture couldn't work - All clubs were incredible in trying to find a solution to fit.
6. The following week,Lower Plenty again were incredibly welcoming in offering to host the South Morang v Bulldog Bloods game this weekend before the senior matches.
7. Again, all clubs including South Morang, North Heidelberg, Lalor and Lower Plenty worked closely to ensure we could get a suitable time slot and venue for the team and operations be available.
8. Lalor played in Kilmore and North at Lower... (The U19 game was originally fixture to be played at Sydney Cres at 9.50am stand alone)
9. From Thursday 8.00pm, both clubs couldn't guarantee there would be 20 available kids for the game. All clubs were informed this could be the case days prior to Thursday call.
9. With the geographical spread being so far and both clubs looking to secure enough players for the 12.00pm game, the option was agreed by all parties early enough to avoid disruption.
10. An extraordinary effort by all concerned surrounding this concept with the Bundoora Thunderbolts playing a huge role accommodating the Friday night games.

The song was sung twice and U19 players from both clubs have tasted senior experience and kids have become part of the clubs fabric.

A shame it couldn't end with a wet sail but the morning fixture, locations and spread made it tricky in the final stages.

Last edited:
I can help with that one...

1. We had some Friday night matches originally scheduled that were moved to Saturday morning games due to circumstances that both playing clubs couldn't avoid on the upcoming weekend.
2. That lead to some uncertainty surrounding players availability and management of off-field operations.
3. Lower Plenty were amazing in shifting a stand-alone U19 game to North while their seniors played at Heidelberg, this helped that particular weekend - Huge effort by their club.
4. Both Lalor and North were scratching to get a reserves side up due to injury and availability, playing away from the seniors and on the Saturday morning forced clubs to re-think priorities.
5. Mill Park, Watsonia, Diamond Creek, Lalor and North all worked together in trying to schedule a suitable venue and time however, the Friday night wasn't an option and the Saturday fixture couldn't work - All clubs were incredible in trying to find a solution.
6. Lower Plenty again, were incredibly welcoming in offering to host the South Morang v Bulldog Bloods game this weekend before the senior matches.
7. Again, all clubs including South Morang, North Heidelberg, Lalor and Lower worked closely to ensure we could get a suitable time slot and venue for the team and operations was made available.
8. Lalor played in Kilmore and North at Lower... (The U19 game was orginally fixture to be played at Sydney Cres at 9.50am)
9. From Thursday 8.00pm, both clubs couldn't guarantee there would be 20 available kids for the game. All clubs were informed this could be the case days prior to Thursday.
9. With the geographical spread being so far and both clubs looking to secure enough players for the 12.00pm game, the option was agreed by all parties early enough to avoid disruption.
10. An extraordinary effort by all concerned with this concept throughout the season with the Budoora Thunderbolts playing a huge role.

The song was sung twice and U19 players from both clubs have tasted senior experience and kids have become part of the clubs fabric.

A shame it couldn't end with a wet sail but the morning fixture, locations and spread made it tricky in the final stages.
How hard is in for them to schedule 99% of games Saturday morning at the same venue their seniors are? I can’t see why it’s so hard... what a screw around for clubs and a lot of extra work opening venues for 1 game on Friday nights.

How hard is in for them to schedule 99% of games Saturday morning at the same venue their seniors are? I can’t see why it’s so hard... what a screw around for clubs and a lot of extra work opening venues for 1 game on Friday nights.
It is a balancing act as not every club has the age group available... I think the better solution would be to have Darebin Council upgrade all 3 grounds at Barling reserve to 100 LUX and schedule as many Friday Night games as they can.

A small number of clubs can host the Friday night games but not enough - I think this allows for a much easier solution than trying to align the messy draw that is incredibly uneven.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.

That’s probably the worst act I’ve seen in recent memory.

That is a cowards punch to the back of the head which looks unprovoked.

The league isn’t going to like this one.

Looking forward to the Mernda patrol telling us how good a bloke this guy is.
Minimum 8 weeks you would think

DISGUSTING ACT AND THE UMPIRE SAW EVERY PART OF IT AND DID NOTHING.

But I suppose there is no issue from The Demons point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back