NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next chunk of games will sort it out somewhat surely? You'll see which club's are genuinely up for it and which one's will begin to slip a fraction as attrition, depth of lists etc begin to come into play.

Must say, whilst ladder position right now may suggest otherwise, I was impressed with the Eltham boys on Saturday. They appeared to have a genuine preferred style on the big spaces of Clancy Reserve, seemed hell bent on keeping the ball moving and if not for some execution by footy at pivotal moments coulda easily been in it with 5-10 minutes to play.

In saying that, Kilmore too have a better understanding this year, they shape the ball much better, and appear to have trigger points for when specific moments present. Thought their tempo and choices when to go and when to play slow was a real step forward compared to previous seasons.
I wont lie, I'd love to see the Blues go real deep into finals, I guess after another month we'll know more.

Last edited:
Next chunk of games will sort it out somewhat surely? You'll see which club's are genuinely up for it and which one's will begin to slip a fraction as attrition, depth of lists etc begin to come into play.

Must say, whilst ladder position right now may suggest otherwise, I was impressed with the Eltham boys on Saturday. They appeared to have a genuine preferred style on the big spaces of Clancy Reserve, seemed hell bent on keeping the ball moving and if not for some execution by footy at pivotal moments coulda easily been in it with 5-10 minutes to play.

In saying that, Kilmore too have a better understanding this year, they shape the ball much better, and appear to have triggers points for when specific moments present. Thought their tempo and choices when to go and when play slow was a real step forward compared to previous seasons.
I wont lie, I'd love to see the Blues go real deep into finals, I guess after another month we'll know more.
Going to be interesting. I think Kilmore is easily the 3rd best side with a decent gap to 4th.

If they can meet PH in a final which is very possible PH might not even make the big dance. Huge confidence after smashing them on a big ground.

Mernda and West had a heart stopper this arvo. Issue of umpiring to rear it’s head I’m sure. Can’t understand how bad the standard of Div3 umpiring is every round. Do the boys get a weekly review to improve? Seems to be going backward.

Mernda and West had a heart stopper this arvo. Issue of umpiring to rear it’s head I’m sure. Can’t understand how bad the standard of Div3 umpiring is every round. Do the boys get a weekly review to improve? Seems to be going backward.
The standard of div 3 footy has also gone backwards, there isn’t much you can do. Complaining about them won’t help.

I think umpires are overall excellent. I certainly wouldn’t waste a second of energy worrying about them.

West looked to have imploded.

Going to be extremely disappointing if they don’t make finals after the fast start

The standard of div 3 footy has also gone backwards, there isn’t much you can do. Complaining about them won’t help.

Some iffy decisions either way, when that is all said and done .. the decisions didn’t alter the outcome of the game..!!

The side that scrapped the hardest won!!

The greasy conditions didn’t suit west switch play which is there game plan..

Might hold up in good conditions, but not when it comes to good hard game!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think umpires are overall excellent. I certainly wouldn’t waste a second of energy worrying about them.

West looked to have imploded.

Going to be extremely disappointing if they don’t make finals after the fast start

Excellent, not sure we’re talking the same game.l? I thought they were very poor both ways. Mernda’s president seemed to reference the poor standards afterward.

Was a good scrap to watch, great if you win, very frustrating if you lose.

Wow Bettybeetle, I watched from behind the goals, good game footy.
If it wasn’t t for the Feral’s around the bench, on the Lions Dens terrace or the infighting brawl in the carpark in the third qtr, we would be the worst supporters hah very long way to go

Excellent, not sure we’re talking the same game.l? I thought they were very poor both ways. Mernda’s president seemed to reference the poor standards afterward.

Was a good scrap to watch, great if you win, very frustrating if you lose.

Pretty disappointing if true. Players and officials should worry about getting their part right before even wasting a second of energy on umpiring.

Just creates a sooky excuse based culture otherwise.

Pretty disappointing if true. Players and officials should worry about getting their part right before even wasting a second of energy on umpiring.

Just creates a sooky excuse based culture otherwise.
Is this bag the Mernda FC page ??
Give them credit..... just won there 3rd game of the year ..... witch l didn’t think they could do ( win 3) ....
How many games did they win in 2018 ?& is it a pass year this far ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will never understand the whole concept of blaming umpires, the game don't happen without them, although if we keep banging on and laying blame numbers will continue to dwindle and guess who feels it most ... the bottom division.
Could go back to clubs providing their own, sure it'll save a heap of dough but could imagine the finger pointing that would follow.

Every week, across every game of football Australia wide, rival coaches and players alike will make far more game defining errors in decision making and execution than the blokes with a whistle.

100 odd minutes to win a game, not the umpires fault the door wasn't shut on the opposition before time on in the last.

Last edited:
I will never understand the whole concept of blaming umpires, the game don't happen without them, although if we keep banging on and laying blame numbers weill continue to dwindle and guess who feels it most ... the bottom division.
Could go back to clubs providing their own, sure it'll save a heap of dough but could imagine the finger pointing that would follow.

Every week, across every game of football Australia wide, rival coaches and players alike will make far more game defining errors in decision making and execution than the blokes with a whistle.

100 odd minutes to win a game, not the umpires fault the door wasn't shut on the opposition before time on in the last.

Jesus, did this actually ever happen? Surely not.

Give them credit..... just won there 3rd game of the year ..... witch l didn’t think they could do ( win 3) ....

Actually I believe it’s 4 games and I also believe if they can get over south this weekend they will be just 2 points out of the top 4..!!

I believe with how they have brought this side together that is more than possible, and remember at the start of the year I said once there young forward come together they will kick winning scores they have talent, but also credit to the wiser heads and younger talent in the backline... been a great mix so far !!

With expectation of public not that promising, I believe it’s a pass so far!!

Jesus, did this actually ever happen? Surely not.
Maybe not in Metro Melbourne but up the Bush it has, and a lot of 3rds and 2nds comps it’s happening permanently now due to the attrition rate amongst umpire ranks

I will never understand the whole concept of blaming umpires, the game don't happen without them, although if we keep banging on and laying blame numbers will continue to dwindle and guess who feels it most ... the bottom division.

Agree Doona , umpires make some mistakes , players make more.. to me I've always said 'umpires don't care who wins' & as long as that stays their attitude then there's no problem..
Was a pretty good game at Mernda with both sides backlines very influential in keeping the scores down.. Great effort in the end for the boys to grab the win..

Maybe not in Metro Melbourne but up the Bush it has, and a lot of 3rds and 2nds comps it’s happening permanently now due to the attrition rate amongst umpire ranks
Its still happening n the VAFA lower grades where clubs have to supply field umpire and boundry ,goal umpires for the seconds game each week

Actually I believe it’s 4 games and I also believe if they can get over south this weekend they will be just 2 points out of the top 4..!!

I believe with how they have brought this side together that is more than possible, and remember at the start of the year I said once there young forward come together they will kick winning scores they have talent, but also credit to the wiser heads and younger talent in the backline... been a great mix so far !!

Thanks for the feedback Mick ,
Will South Morang b to quick for Mernda
On sat ?? Or can Mernda make a big difference 2nd 1/2 of the year ???
And can they afford to keep playing the young kid ?? It’s a long season.....
Just my thoughts Mick

Agree Doona , umpires make some mistakes , players make more.. to me I've always said 'umpires don't care who wins' & as long as that stays their attitude then there's no problem..
Was a pretty good game at Mernda with both sides backlines very influential in keeping the scores down.. Great effort in the end for the boys to grab the win..
People sook about afl umpires constantly and they expect perfection from division 3 umpires. It’s laughable.

Thanks for the feedback Mick ,
Will South Morang b to quick for Mernda
On sat ?? Or can Mernda make a big difference 2nd 1/2 of the year ???
And can they afford to keep playing the young kid ?? It’s a long season.....
Just my thoughts Mick
I’m tipping Mernda. Long season? Not really 16 games with 4 byes

Mate come to Div 1 just as bad & inconsistent & few of them with egos that are bigger than the game.

Surely taking the PI55 HaM? I thought you were the president of the Bag Mernda FC page? :think:;) Only Mernda can rate against their expectations for the season - if they wanted to avoid finishing bottom 3, then it's a PASS. If they expected to play finals, then it will be a FAIL. I went to the game Sat more to see why West were falling over so badly in recent weeks. Mernda has some great young kids and they play with some passion. The skills of both sides were ordinary, and only a small portion of that could be attributed to the wet conditions. But no doubting the commitment each side had to winning the game. West did not vary their movement up the ground much at all. At times they needed to change it up because it became a pattern, which the young Mernda kids picked up quickly. Mikki racked up plenty of touches, but not the player from couple of years ago. I hope he can get back to that form. Coulson was good around the ground, but beaten in plenty of ruck contests, which is very unusual. Credit to the Mernda ruckman. On what I saw Saturday, there was plenty of spirit and hard contests, but neither of these teams will be seeing finals. That's my call on it anyway.

To Mick, the President of the pro-Mernda Lobby Group :D, dont put too much hard earned on that 8 point turnaround this Saturday. Think Morang will have your boys covered - put them 10 points clear. Just a question for you as an MFC insider, is the club ensuring all those 19's playing up will be eligible for 19's finals? Looking at the ladder, it looks like they will be strong contenders. If you guys do get beaten this week, I would be ensuring every one of those talented kids dont disqualify themsleves from 19's finals because as an outsider looking in, a 19's flag could be the very trigger to resurge that club. I know that thought process is an age-old dilemma at senior footy clubs, but decisions are made to fit current circumstances. With plenty of juniors, the prospects are bright - but any sculpture can crumble without the right "sculptor group".

Mate come to Div 1 just as bad & inconsistent & few of them with egos that are bigger than the game.

Really? Wow, that's a concern. I do feel for them as they're on a hiding to nothing especially on Saturday where crowd and players were visably frustrated and annoyed. Beauty of the game I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back