NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t say that Laurimar had anything to do with the bloke getting 3 weeks in this particular case. Just that, as mentioned, Laurimar have a new policy where they will be reporting to the league to review what happened if any player is injured and that I think that they are a bunch of give ups for doing so.
So you know about this “new policy” too, so you must be involved at the club as well

They would have determined it out of play. It’s like Mark Yeats his in the 1989 grand final. You can’t just blindside a player and take them out.
I respect that everyone has different opinions and sees it different ways, but no matter how many times I review that vision, I could never see it as a Mark Yeats. And not sure I agree the player was blindsided either. Maybe I'm too old school, but for mine I dont see players getting rubbed out for hip & shoulders, regardless if it is off the ball. In saying that, I still think it was only marginally late. But everyone sees things from different perpsectives, and obviously tribunal panel saw it that way, but I'm still struggling to grasp it.

Geez I have missed a bit, everyone gone a bit serious..!!

Now to even more serious matters!!
Can Mernda make the top 4??
The way I see it will have to knock off one of either Kilmore, Laurimar or Panton Hill and hope sth don’t beat any of them..
And win the games they should ..!!
And then they will be finals bound ..!!!
Any thoughts ??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha. You're definitely a half glass FULL sort of guy Mick! All credit to the Mernda boys. The conditions looked horrendous & you only get over the line in those sort of games with some solid G&D. They've put themselves back in the mix for 4th spot and good on them. I can't see West playing finals now - something going horribly wrong down there - so it will be battle between your guys & Morang. It might come down to how many fit players each club can keep fielding each week. Morang certainly hit hard early in the year, but seem to be coming out of it now. Mernda seem to be copping a few at the moment - hopefully not long term as you will need them for the critical "must win" games. Playing finals will certainly be a bonus if Mernda you do, but they've certainly gained some respect in last 2 weeks. All that is positive for next year.
I think at the end of the day, we are right now just looking at just 3 chances for a flag - Power, Redbacks & Blues.

Jus
I’m unaware of this new “policy” u speak of , obviously u have u finger closer to the pulse there?
Anyway if anyone is injured is there any issue with the MRP review, if nothing wrong then no problems i would have thought?

Just quoting what I’ve read, if it’s true then I think it’s wrong by Laurimar.

I definitely think there is a problem with the MRP for sure, they seem to find things in the vision that everyone else can’t. I remember a case where they gave a bloke 8 weeks for a late bump, which was a yellow card on the day (umpire in perfect view of the incident) and at the hearing said that they would not be taking the umpires evidence into account because it was the MRP who made the report not the umpire. Madness

I respect that everyone has different opinions and sees it different ways, but no matter how many times I review that vision, I could never see it as a Mark Yeats. And not sure I agree the player was blindsided either. Maybe I'm too old school, but for mine I dont see players getting rubbed out for hip & shoulders, regardless if it is off the ball. In saying that, I still think it was only marginally late. But everyone sees things from different perpsectives, and obviously tribunal panel saw it that way, but I'm still struggling to grasp it.
I guess it’s a comparison to the Yeats situation in that, yes it was late and partly blind sided, Laurimar player only sees him in the last instance but also the fact that his their best player and the South Morang players mouthing off to him and saying they are going to “take him out” and his ended up with surgery and out for 6 months, season done, so there’s always more to the story, old school tactics to try win a game that haven’t been in our league for 20+ years, says a lot about Morang 👍

So with that theory you can run 30m to someone complete unsuspecting and run through them as long as you don’t hit them high?

Cant believe this has caused all the fuss. I was actually at the game and thought at the time it was a touch late, not one Laurimar player confronted the Morang kid, and correcct me if I'm wrong didnt the guy injured do his shoulder? Got up and walked off the ground. No hit to head and hip and shoulder with arm tucked in. If the suspension was for that alone the league is a JOKE.

I feel for both Morang and Laurimar guys here.

Im not sure these days if the lack of retaliation to anything is a measure of the original incident, maybe its disciplined play or knowing that the retaliator always cops bigger penalty, once bitten?

Yeah totally understand but I'm sure a bit of a push or somehing is better than nothing when it comes to your best player.

I guess it’s a comparison to the Yeats situation in that, yes it was late and partly blind sided, Laurimar player only sees him in the last instance but also the fact that his their best player and the South Morang players mouthing off to him and saying they are going to “take him out” and his ended up with surgery and out for 6 months, season done, so there’s always more to the story, old school tactics to try win a game that haven’t been in our league for 20+ years, says a lot about Morang
Those tactics haven't been used for 20 + years harden up Laurimar Screenshot_20190704-120038_Google.jpeg

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So with that theory you can run 30m to someone complete unsuspecting and run through them as long as you don’t hit them high?
Come on 10571z, are you fair dinkum? I talk about a bump off the ball and you quote running 30m & taking out a player blindsided? I've respected your opinions and comments on this forum, but that comment is a mockery of what I am saying, and any football person knows that. Every week we see players blocked & sat on there asses at stoppages or protecting a ball carrier, or late contact after a ball's been released. That's the scenario I'm talking about and I think you understand that - dont be pedantic on the conversation.
We are dealing with the incident at hand. It was a hip & shoulder to the ball carrier a fraction late (accept it should have been free kick) and IMO not a blindside in the true sense - I think the player saw it coming (albeit late). Contact was not high and Morang player did not launch himself.
You can disagree with me. That's fine. Just dont take the P155 with the debate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it’s a comparison to the Yeats situation in that, yes it was late and partly blind sided, Laurimar player only sees him in the last instance but also the fact that his their best player and the South Morang players mouthing off to him and saying they are going to “take him out” and his ended up with surgery and out for 6 months, season done, so there’s always more to the story, old school tactics to try win a game that haven’t been in our league for 20+ years, says a lot about Morang 👍

If the player ended up with an injury that ended his season, I'm sorry to hear that. It's never good seeing any player miss with injuries under any circumstances. I dont know what was said or conveyed out on the field (if you were playing and part of it, I'll take your word for it), but I am making the observation on the incident as presented in the video, and I cannot see malice in the contact. Just late contact in the course of play. Whether you think it was late or deliberate, you cannot dispute contact was textbook shoulder on shoulder. Do you think anything would of come of it if the player was not injured in the contact?

If the player ended up with an injury that ended his season, I'm sorry to hear that. It's never good seeing any player miss with injuries under any circumstances. I dont know what was said or conveyed out on the field (if you were playing and part of it, I'll take your word for it), but I am making the observation on the incident as presented in the video, and I cannot see malice in the contact. Just late contact in the course of play. Whether you think it was late or deliberate, you cannot dispute contact was textbook shoulder on shoulder. Do you think anything would of come of it if the player was not injured in the contact?
I don't think anything would have come of it if it were a fringe senior player - it was bought to attention based on the player being a vital player in their team and due to the offending player being one of the best in the morang team

Come on 10571z, are you fair dinkum? I talk about a bump off the ball and you quote running 30m & taking out a player blindsided? I've respected your opinions and comments on this forum, but that comment is a mockery of what I am saying, and any football person knows that. Every week we see players blocked & sat on there asses at stoppages or protecting a ball carrier, or late contact after a ball's been released. That's the scenario I'm talking about and I think you understand that - dont be pedantic on the conversation.
We are dealing with the incident at hand. It was a hip & shoulder to the ball carrier a fraction late (accept it should have been free kick) and IMO not a blindside in the true sense - I think the player saw it coming (albeit late). Contact was not high and Morang player did not launch himself.
You can disagree with me. That's fine. Just dont take the P155 with the debate.
Unfortunately much like the AFL the outcome of of the action in terms of injury can impact the penalty .

If he bounced up and continued to play we wouldn’t be talking about this. The injury has caused everything.

I think it was unnecessary and his actions have resulted in a kid missing the rest of the season.

It’s judged as rough contact. And I guess that’s what it was.

Seperate note but I hear from a couple of blokes on the hill that the very big fella is back in action this week. Pretty handy

Big word about Wallan coming back.

RDFL is in a bad bad way at the moment. Wouldnt be surprised to see AFL Vic step in there.

Wallan will be the 29th team and the league will be on the hunt massively for a 30th.

Unfortunately much like the AFL the outcome of of the action in terms of injury can impact the penalty .

If he bounced up and continued to play we wouldn’t be talking about this. The injury has caused everything.

I think it was unnecessary and his actions have resulted in a kid missing the rest of the season.

It’s judged as rough contact. And I guess that’s what it was.
Would he have got 3 weeks if in the collision the guy got a massive corky from the contact of the body? To me it seems a bit of inconsistancy by the League MRP. Obviously those in charge have no idea. From previous posts by Doona he is still waiting for an explanation.....Poor admin if you ask me and just shows if you ask around the league is the laughing stock.

To add to that sorry if it seems pedantic but from being at the game and watching it over and over again the League have decided the injury decides the players fate of 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Geez this got serious the past few days ha ha!!!

I'm still of the belief that Wallan aren't interested right now in a move, especially after the way it played out last time, but they no doubt will keep an eye on the local footy landscape should Rupo and Diggers Rest end up in the EDFL as rumoured.

I remember when there was a respectful manner in how/when/why clubs initiated talks with leagues etc ... now it seems it done a full 180 with leagues actually approaching clubs on the quiet, in some cases completely unbeknown to neighbouring leagues.

Takes the in vogue trends of poaching to a new level ha ha!!
How can we go crook when clubs do it, if leagues are also beginning to consider it too.

Power over turtles by 75 who clearly are more focused on midday footy

West to break there losing streak against ressa by 40

Morang by 55 against the crippled bloods

Hill to flex the muscle against the young kids of Mernda and win by 80

Which clubs grounds are holding up at this time of year? Seen a couple of 1st division games last week and I was surprised how poor the surfaces are

Power over turtles by 75 who clearly are more focused on midday footy

West to break there losing streak against ressa by 40

Morang by 55 against the crippled bloods

Hill to flex the muscle against the young kids of Mernda and win by 80
Power by 25. What do you mean Turtles focused on midday footy?

West by 90

Morang by 40

Mernda by 2 goals in an upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back