NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where is it?
East Ivanhoe at the end of the Boulevard.

Drove past recently and they have obviously spent some money on rooms and surface

No idea if it will happen, but just heard it from a friend of a friend. and I believe Bandera is their coach

Preston Bullants would be right in the hitting zone. They play in the VAFA at the old Preston RSL ground. Old Paradians, Bulleen Templestowe and Ivanhoe would be worth trying to lure.

Don't sit on your hands, grow, promote strengthen I say.
Other leagues are out trying to recruit and grow their comps so why not.

On another matter, I so would love to see Mernda sneak in, nothing against the Turtles who have slotted into the landscape pretty well this year but for me Mernda finishing 4th would be a story in itself.

Hill by 150+ pts
Eltham by 30 pts
Kilmore by 48 pts
Laurimar by 24 pts

Finals opportunity in both Morang & Mernda's hands tomorrow. Based on recent weeks, I cant see Mernda kicking a score that would beat Eltham, who have made a statement in second half of season led by Malone. They will be keen to finish one game outside the four - a big tick for their first season. And Morang seem to have dropped their bundle. It will be interesting to see what they dish up to Laurimar this week.

Am I missing something here?

When did the under 19’s start playing at 2pm.
Both south and Mernda fighting for senior finals spot and there good young blokes who play one more game and over qualify are all playing 19’s.
Simply disgraceful from both management of both clubs, obviously senior coach hasn’t got a say.
Sure sponsors would appreciate sides not playing there best sides to play finals. I’m sure when they go knocking next year questions would have to be asked by them. I’m sure that hasn’t been considered when making this decision.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both south and Mernda fighting for senior finals spot and there good young blokes who play one more game and over qualify are all playing 19’s.
Simply disgraceful from both management of both clubs, obviously senior coach hasn’t got a say.
Sure sponsors would appreciate sides not playing there best sides to play finals. I’m sure when they go knocking next year questions would have to be asked by them. I’m sure that hasn’t been considered when making this decision.

I guess that’s why laurimar are sitting on top of the ladder half there side is prob eligible for 19’s, but they are required senior players.
No ifs buts or maybes

Throw some names out.

I’d be shocked if Mernda and South aren’t playing their absolute strongest senior sides

It’s common for kids to choose their 19s over seniors these days. Wouldn’t surprised if that’s the case here

Last edited:
Throw some names out.

I’d be shocked if Mernda and South aren’t playing their absolute strongest senior sides

“Be shocked” go through the 19’s sides and the senior sides and see who is sitting on 8 games and since that moment haven’t played another game. South dropped 2 this week, Mernda a couple a few weeks ago all would be in there respective clubs best 22.
Or is it a case of the tail wagging the dog.
And anyone that says otherwise is just looking to shit stir and argue.
I’m sure sponsors don’t get to a position to be able to sponsor and hand over money by accepting mediocrity..
Like I said explains why laurimar are where they are,everyone working together ..

This has to be DEES18 NEW account
“Be shocked” go through the 19’s sides and the senior sides and see who is sitting on 8 games and since that moment haven’t played another game. South dropped 2 this week, Mernda a couple a few weeks ago all would be in there respective clubs best 22.
And anyone that says otherwise is just looking to s**t stir and argue.
I’m sure sponsors don’t get to a position to be able to sponsor and hand over money by accepting mediocrity..
Like I said explains why laurimar are where they are,everyone working together ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sure there is someone from South Morang or mernda that can confirm or deny wether or not there are players in there 19’s that could be in there senior 22..???
If so feel for both senior coaches!!
And if so gotta ask why cause if it’s player driven or from others? Can someone please explain the reasoning behind it?

I’m sure there is someone from South Morang or mernda that can confirm or deny wether or not there are players in there 19’s that could be in there senior 22..???
If so feel for both senior coaches!!
And if so gotta ask why cause if it’s player driven or from others? Can someone please explain the reasoning behind it?

It’s a no brainer Aleksovski is in mernda’s top 10-12 senior players but hasn’t been seen for quite a while at senior level, he has been sitting back in the 19’s

How does seniors/19’s qualification work? If a player who plays the 8 games goes up and plays senior finals are they able to go back down to 19’s if the seniors get knocked out?

I couldn’t agree more that blokes enjoying their footy is the number one priority...

But, having said that, you need to create a club culture where everyone, regardless of age, wants to play at the highest level. Laurimar obviously doing this well... Mernda and South probably need some work in this area.

heard Ivanhoe AFC have some supporters who would like to push for this move - they have some quality ex juniors playing Northern Div 1,2&3.
I’m one of them , but I highly doubt it will happen ever.
It’s not just the juniors they lose either, there’s money and better standards of footy being offered to almost every senior player each year to contend with.

I’m one of them , but I highly doubt it will happen ever.
It’s not just the juniors they lose either, there’s money and better standards of footy being offered to almost every senior player each year to contend with.

What division is Ivanhoe in compared to what the Turtles were? They’ve actually had a decent year for a first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back