NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard that Mernda are officially looking for a new senior coach any word on that front, rumour has it the 19’s coach and a sidekick made pretty sure that Paul Derrick wouldn’t be doing it next year, my thoughts are he done a awesome job, and deserved a third year..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How did the u/19’s & side kick make sure???? & who’s is his side kick ???? Pls give more info ..( don’t give us 1/2 give us the lot.... spill the beans) if you have any ....... when l watch the u/19’s a few weeks ago he ( the coach ) did an ok job on the day .... a few F & C ....
He may need to change his way a little
If he is the man for the 1’s job .....
You must b close to the current coach ???

How can a player and coach be criticised over a club folding. The club/ committee needs to be held accountable not a player and coach. Players and Coaching staff do the work on the ground and the Committee does the work off it. Strong clubs have a strong committees and put everything in place. Correct me if I'm wrong.
All I said was ... look what happened last time they joined forces ...

Everyone’s certainly welcome to their opinion but the league got it right here for me. 12 weeks basically risking someone’s life is if anything light.

This wasn’t an accident, this wasn’t in play. This was a complete blatant cowards punch that could have resulted in death (and has before)

If you think “frustration” is an explanation for a reaction like this then we are at polar opposite ends.

If this kid was banished from football for life I would feel zero sadness for him.

Please enlighten me of a “worse” action. Because punching someone in the back of the head is at the top of my list.
Its not the popular view i understand... I'm just so disappointed when i see life ban for players - When i talk of much worse i'm referring to generations past and i'm not surprised at the 12, i get it.

My "frustration" comment was more along the lines of the following... I've played in a game where a supporter jumped the fence and started a brawl that was out of control and the umpire got king hit by a player... D1 Grand Final in 1998... That's a life time ban for mine...
During a game, things can happen in the heat of the moment.

I don't know the bloke, it just looked to me like a brain snap (granted not a good one) and maybe he's remorseful... I don't know, maybe he's a thug...?!? It didn't seem the player was hit that hard nor did others around him remonstrate too much...?

I'd love to see some reduction in weeks over years for instance... When you lose a licence, you get it back after time and points are deducted.

i really feel for any players that get life with no return...

Last edited:
I think he got six weeks when he played at hurstbridge
but he's a good bloke and this was out of character.... :'-)

in my 20 years of footy i never got sent off or reported once(and i'd say that's the same for most people). Absolutely no sympathy for this sort of cr@p, especially with the all of the education and awareness in modern footy.

My young bloke plays under Fletch at Mernda and to be honest he has coached better than I expected, one thing I know with Fletch that no one gets the easy ride do the work get the results. He has supported Desi by never holding back players to play seniors and has developed them in a great way. IMO I loved Desi as a coach but I questioned something's he did at training (which I have discussed with him) from what I know of both Fletch and Pierce they are both stand up blokes I can say I have never heard them Knife Desi or his coaching team.

Coaches come and go it would be nice to know who is going to coach in 2020.
How did the u/19’s & side kick make sure???? & who’s is his side kick ???? Pls give more info ..( don’t give us 1/2 give us the lot.... spill the beans) if you have any ....... when l watch the u/19’s a few weeks ago he ( the coach ) did an ok job on the day .... a few F & C ....
He may need to change his way a little
If he is the man for the 1’s job .....
You must b close to the current coach ???

Didn't cloke play at Crazyburn with Fletch as well???

Crazyburn FC
Strong committee Strong Club
Thats the Biggest difference with Jacana
Yeah sure did play there , I could be wrong here but when they went up did he continue at the club ? As I said I could be wrong but just want to know

Its not the popular view i understand... I'm just so disappointed when i see life ban for players - When i talk of much worse i'm referring to generations past and i'm not surprised at the 12, i get it.

My "frustration" comment was more along the lines of the following... I've played in a game where a supporter jumped the fence and started a brawl that was out of control and the umpire got king hit by a player... D1 Grand Final in 1998... That's a life time ban for mine...
During a game, things can happen in the heat of the moment.

I don't know the bloke, it just looked to me like a brain snap (granted not a good one) and maybe he's remorseful... I don't know, maybe he's a thug...?!? It didn't seem the player was hit that hard nor did others around him remonstrate too much...?

I'd love to see some reduction in weeks over years for instance... When you lose a licence, you get it back after time and points are deducted.

i really feel for any players that get life with no return...
Ah well, I played 200 games no cards and no suspension.

I feel zero sympathy or sadness for blokes who are prepared to do things like that.

We’ll have to agree to disagree

Cant wait for Burgs and Dees to respond , maybe we can get a line by line description of the hearing like we did how the report eventuated .HAHA.
I told you blokes what I saw, and Richards was very stiff, as I said, I’m pretty sure a SM player would have remonstrated if he was spat on, no one even went to Richards, very stiff

I told you blokes what I saw, and Richards was very stiff, as I said, I’m pretty sure a SM player would have remonstrated if he was spat on, no one even went to Richards, very stiff
Ok . Did he plead guilty ? Did you notice that the comments regarding the Mernda player were deleted after yesterday ? Maybe you can fill us in why 🤔

By no means is spitting in the same light as a coward punch but it is still a disgusting act and for Laurimar people to be criticising one foul act yet their own players doing their own acts of foul play you cant really talk... netball brawls, runners running onto the field and hitting players, spitting...another player was out for 10 weeks for striking if I remember seeing correctly?? Anything else to name?

You just want to stir shit don’t you, a runner running on the field and hitting someone, that comment clearly shows you have no idea, netball ‘brawls’, clearly don’t like Laurimar, you just want to stir the pot and you have zero credibility to be honest, you’re closet must be squeaky clean mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just adding to that , you aren’t stiff if you’ve been reported for spitting , you either did or you didn’t and I’d hate to think what your close supporters would call him if they called other opposition players what they were called yesterday . No need for it .

My young bloke plays under Fletch at Mernda and to be honest he has coached better than I expected, one thing I know with Fletch that no one gets the easy ride do the work get the results. He has supported Desi by never holding back players to play seniors and has developed them in a great way. IMO I loved Desi as a coach but I questioned something's he did at training (which I have discussed with him) from what I know of both Fletch and Pierce they are both stand up blokes I can say I have never heard them Knife Desi or his coaching team.

Coaches come and go it would be nice to know who is going to coach in 2020.

No need to say anymore, sounds like the guilty parties are starting to defend there actions, not through guilt I’m sure, trying to paint themselves in a different light going forward.
At least if people are going to say things to defend actions , at least speak the truth, tell lies to cover lies only leads to more lies.
A saying is lay down with, wake up with.
Good luck Mernda going forward but from what I have been told it won’t be pleasant, if all true

You just want to stir s**t don’t you, a runner running on the field and hitting someone, that comment clearly shows you have no idea, netball ‘brawls’, clearly don’t like Laurimar, you just want to stir the pot and you have zero credibility to be honest, you’re closet must be squeaky clean mate

Again I have a feeling he’s referring to the comments made when in fact your club seem to be a train wreck at the moment . Just from what is read and what you say everything is fine on and off the field so I’ll take your word for it . Good luck for Saturday

Just adding to that , you aren’t stiff if you’ve been reported for spitting , you either did or you didn’t and I’d hate to think what your close supporters would call him if they called other opposition players what they were called yesterday . No need for it .
What the hell are you on about regarding yesterday?

Again I have a feeling he’s referring to the comments made when in fact your club seem to be a train wreck at the moment . Just from what is read and what you say everything is fine on and off the field so I’ll take your word for it . Good luck for Saturday

Train wreck? Let’s agree to disagree, you shouldn’t believe or repeat “from what I’ve heard” I think, anyway cheers mate and I hope they have a good final series and anything is possible I say

What the hell are you on about regarding yesterday?
Not going over it again , remember you agreed you knew what I was talking about when said people close to Laurimar shouldn’t comment , then somehow comment deleted ... calling mernda guy “ A DOG “... anyway everyone makes mistakes . Just hope on field doesn’t fall away after a great year

Train wreck? Let’s agree to disagree, you shouldn’t believe or repeat “from what I’ve heard” I think, anyway cheers mate and I hope they have a good final series and anything is possible I say

No worries at all. But the facts are there ... reports , suspensions and articles in The Age. But we will move on

Wait up a second... I’ve only just realised that Inzillo piece of shit from Mernda just recently got ANOTHER 7 weeks for “attempted striking”!?!? But I’m sure it’s just out of character, yeah? Just another brain fade. GTFOutta here.

This is after swinging half a dozen coward punches against Eltham earlier in the year, and having a bunch of nobodies come in here and defend him. LOL OUT LOUD.

Not only that, both recent incidents come after the club spruiked having the Pat Cronin Foundation down for an education session. Pathetic. Shut the doors, imo.

As for Inzillo, the sooner the competition gives him his marching orders, the better. Weak scum. Somebody tell him to get in here and explain himself. Would love to hear it....

No need to say anymore, sounds like the guilty parties are starting to defend there actions, not through guilt I’m sure, trying to paint themselves in a different light going forward.
At least if people are going to say things to defend actions , at least speak the truth, tell lies to cover lies only leads to more lies.
Good luck Mernda going forward but from what I have been told it won’t be pleasant, if all true

I’m a mernda supporter with at times to much to say even about my own club..
But can we all please just give Mernda a break here, things have happened, and personally I don’t like some decisions but that’s life,but come one everyone, let’s ease up.
we have 2 sides playing finals the seniors were unlucky to miss.
so let’s everyone enjoy what is shaping up to be a cracking finals series.
and mernda should be proud of what they have achieved on the field this year and I believe thanks to Desi going forward will be exciting
Cheers All

In regards to the Jake Richards suspension, Jake was reported for spitting at a player and not on. He pleaded not guilty to the report but was ultimately found guilty by the tribunal. The second red card was for striking a South morang player on his way off the ground but was immediately thrown out by the tribunal. All vision can be seen at around the 10-12 minute mark of the first quarter. Ultimately Jake received 6 weeks suspension. Hopefully this answers all your questions and can just leave it alone now.
This is from a current player and friend of jake and not anyone on the committee or involved in running the club.

You may need to get a bit of sh- t of your chest pal ... go down to training tomorrow night and clear the air ....
& talk to them yourself.........
Or are you comfortable talking rubbish on this foreman...... & let the cat out the bag then ..... would like to c what there response is ?? Get back to all of us on Friday & tell us the outcome pls
WATCH THIS SPACE ........ l’m tipping BUNKER WILL HAVE O FOR US ALL ON FRIDAY..... l will b going to watch the young kids on sat what about you banker ??? Hope to c you there 🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back