NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixtures out, will have a gander later today but who's done well, who hasn't and what looks like game of real interest?

Sorry to get away from the current theme of Mernda, but just thought the fixture might be a perfect way to switch the focus.

Who can be bothered posting who each team has 3 Times

HEIDELBERG WEST
Old Eltham
Laurimar
Lalor
South Morang

KILMORE
Mernda
Lalor
Reservoir
South Morang

LALOR
Kilmore
Heidelberg West
South Morang
Reservoir

LAURIMAR
Mernda
Heidelberg West
Old Eltham
South Morang

MERNDA
Reservoir
Old Eltham
Kilmore
Laurimar

OLD ELTHAM
Mernda
Heidelberg West
Laurimar
Reservoir

RESERVOIR
Mernda
Kilmore
Lalor
Old Eltham

SOUTH MORANG
Heidelberg West
Kilmore
Lalor
Laurimar

HEIDELBERG WEST
Old Eltham
Laurimar
Lalor
South Morang

KILMORE
Mernda
Lalor
Reservoir
South Morang

LALOR
Kilmore
Heidelberg West
South Morang
Reservoir

LAURIMAR
Mernda
Heidelberg West
Old Eltham
South Morang

MERNDA
Reservoir
Old Eltham
Kilmore
Laurimar

OLD ELTHAM
Mernda
Heidelberg West
Laurimar
Reservoir

RESERVOIR
Mernda
Kilmore
Lalor
Old Eltham

SOUTH MORANG
Heidelberg West
Kilmore
Lalor
Laurimar
Thanks mate, league looks to have done a good job

Thanks mate, league looks to have done a good job

They did. I thought it was as fair as they could get it. I also reckon they did well giving Reservoir and Lalor home games for ANZAC Day which will be a big one for all the home teams over the bar this year with the later start to the Essendon/Collingwood game

Old Eltham seems to be turning into West Preston Lakeside 2.0 with all the crossover signings. I think they will have an even better season next year. It's also always a good sign when your Reserve's side is performing against seasoned teams. Seems like a great culture over there from the outside looking in

Old Eltham seems to be turning into West Preston Lakeside 2.0 with all the crossover signings. I think they will have an even better season next year. It's also always a good sign when your Reserve's side is performing against seasoned teams. Seems like a great culture over there from the outside looking in
do you mean crossover as in a place for 30+ year olds to come and retire? and they stacked there reserves side from a long way out after a poor start to the season and couldn’t knock off wests 2’s not sure how great that is for culture to be honest.

they stacked there reserves side from a long way after a poor start to the season and couldn’t knock off wests 2’s not sure how great that is for culture to be honest.
Good point, perhaps the whole 'fresh start' to a new league got the better of me. I guess Div 3 have some sides near the bottom who are in all-sorts so hard to judge it. Half of West will end up there in a few years time by the looks of it that's for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you mean crossover as in a place for 30+ year olds to come and retire? and they stacked there reserves side from a long way out after a poor start to the season and couldn’t knock off wests 2’s not sure how great that is for culture to be honest.
Their seniors didn’t win a game until half way through and ended up 6-2 in the back half? But they stacked the 2s.... To be honest that doesn’t really make sense.

Last edited:
Their seniors didn’t win a game until half way through and ended up 6-2 in the back half? But they stacked the 2s.... To be honest that doesn’t really make sense.
I think the fact they developed a forward structure around Malone in the back half of the season is the reason they won games, they were always competitive and had a very defensive structure from what I saw. I could be wrong about stacking it but looking at results it was clear they did something after getting pumped during the season 100+ both times.

Good point, perhaps the whole 'fresh start' to a new league got the better of me. I guess Div 3 have some sides near the bottom who are in all-sorts so hard to judge it. Half of West will end up there in a few years time by the looks of it that's for sure
You could be right there I’ll take your word for it? How many ex west Preston players are in fact 30+? I guess that’s the challenge of being a 3rd division side

You could be right there I’ll take your word for it? How many ex west Preston players are in fact 30+? I guess that’s the challenge of being a 3rd division side
If your down the bottom in d3 and have no juniors or 19s you would be stupid not to take blokes from a extremely successful D1 club.

High courts? 😂 It will go to the nfnl appeal and he’ll get cleared, unless he owes the club money they will not uphold it, he came across with Desi and want to go back now Desi has gone, I can’t believe people actually think he won’t get cleared, l seriously can’t 😂

No mate that’s incorrect. The club can hold him to his contract which is watertight buddy. All clubs will tell you that. His a club B&F winner and probably there best player hence they don’t want to let him go.
Dimech signed the contract so why is it the clubs fault?? Someone mentioned he had a verbal agreement regarding the ex coach, well he should have put that in writing mate.

I’m guessing the only way his leaving is for his club of choice to pay an amount to have his clearance signed. Yes it’s not ideal but if the player wants out and his current club won’t release there is little options. I’m guessing by reading all this stuff about Mernda his release won’t cone cheap..

No mate that’s incorrect. The club can hold him to his contract which is watertight buddy. All clubs will tell you that. His a club B&F winner and probably there best player hence they don’t want to let him go.
Dimech signed the contract so why is it the clubs fault?? Someone mentioned he had a verbal agreement regarding the ex coach, well he should have put that in writing mate.

I’m guessing the only way his leaving is for his club of choice to pay an amount to have his clearance signed. Yes it’s not ideal but if the player wants out and his current club won’t release there is little options. I’m guessing by reading all this stuff about Mernda his release won’t cone cheap..
The cash that they would get for the release will help expand the legs on that table they have

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back