NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

No mate that’s incorrect. The club can hold him to his contract which is watertight buddy. All clubs will tell you that. His a club B&F winner and probably there best player hence they don’t want to let him go.
Dimech signed the contract so why is it the clubs fault?? Someone mentioned he had a verbal agreement regarding the ex coach, well he should have put that in writing mate.

I’m guessing the only way his leaving is for his club of choice to pay an amount to have his clearance signed. Yes it’s not ideal but if the player wants out and his current club won’t release there is little options. I’m guessing by reading all this stuff about Mernda his release won’t cone cheap..
They aren’t watertight at all. Just a question is he going to a higher level of football, as in division? If he is then there is actually a clause in everyone’s contract that gives them an out if they wish to pursue better football, doesn’t matter if they sign 10 years. He will get to where he is going!

No mate that’s incorrect. The club can hold him to his contract which is watertight buddy. All clubs will tell you that. His a club B&F winner and probably there best player hence they don’t want to let him go.
Dimech signed the contract so why is it the clubs fault?? Someone mentioned he had a verbal agreement regarding the ex coach, well he should have put that in writing mate.

I’m guessing the only way his leaving is for his club of choice to pay an amount to have his clearance signed. Yes it’s not ideal but if the player wants out and his current club won’t release there is little options. I’m guessing by reading all this stuff about Mernda his release won’t cone cheap..
Sorry mate but they are far from water tight, yes the club he’s going to can cough up something for Mernda to release him but all it needs to do is go to appeal, AFL Vic and he’ll be cleared, being there best player is irrelevant, he’s looking at going back to his local club in a higher div. in a different league, ticks a few boxes, Mernda have already cleared the other player and not him, pretty poor by them I think

Sorry mate but they are far from water tight, yes the club he’s going to can cough up something for Mernda to release him but all it needs to do is go to appeal, AFL Vic and he’ll be cleared, being there best player is irrelevant, he’s looking at going back to his local club in a higher div. in a different league, ticks a few boxes, Mernda have already cleared the other player and not him, pretty poor by them I think

I guess there is always 2 sides here. If you and I were in charge of Mernda we surely wouldn’t want to release him if his under contract. Also I did hear he might have received a sign on or money upfront when he signed so that’s another topic.

I
I guess there is always 2 sides here. If you and I were in charge of Mernda we surely wouldn’t want to release him if his under contract. Also I did hear he might have received a sign on or money upfront when he signed so that’s another topic.
ts pretty straight forward. Download a standard contract from the NFNL website and read what it says in regard to breaking contracts.

Maybe the other way around with no BNF winnings paid to him..

No sign on fee i heard and as you may be awear most clubs have incentives for bnf and i belive dimech never recived this.
So is it he owes the club or the club owe him.
Why would he even want to go back to a club that has treated him like this and how would it impact mentally? Could he actually go back and play for them after all is said and done?

No sign on fee i heard and as you may be awear most clubs have incentives for bnf and i belive dimech never recived this.
So is it he owes the club or the club owe him.
Why would he even want to go back to a club that has treated him like this and how would it impact mentally? Could he actually go back and play for them after all is said and done?

Would be a shame if the kid is lost to football because of this, I've heard he will not go back to Mernda under any circumstance.

Last edited:
The other player didn't have a contract. I still think he should be released to Roxy but for a cost .

In my opinion, they shouldn't be able to stop him from leaving, but they should certainly be compensated by the new club. My view on this extends to the same scenario regardless of club/s and I think AFL Vic should make it easier for everyone and just legislate a clear rule. i.e the new club (Roxburgh Park) must pay existing club (Mernda) the equivalent of 4 x match payments for the release of the player, or whatever figure is fair (my example is arbitrary).

If there was nothing written in the contract tying him to the coach then Mernda are well within their right to deny the clearance before an arrangement is met. In saying all of this, they shouldn't be trying to keep a player that doesn't want to be there.

The other player didn't have a contract. I still think he should be released to Roxy but for a cost .
Well maybe he's incentive payment for bnf that he didnt receive should clear him maybe bring this to committee attention. And your on committee and ask the question why it wasn't payed?

Contracts.... why would anyone sign a contract to play park footy? Players never want to stay loyal to their local club, they all just move looking for $$$. And clubs why would you sign anyone that has moved to more than 1 club? they are just going to move on the following year.

Would never happen because their is way to much ego and taking short cuts for players to win premierships, but how about players stick with your club, help your team mates get better, develop your juniors into seniors to become successful. But nope players just go with the easier option and move to a club at the top end of the ladder.

Contracts.... why would anyone sign a contract to play park footy? Players never want to stay loyal to their local club, they all just move looking for $$$. And clubs why would you sign anyone that has moved to more than 1 club? they are just going to move on the following year.

Would never happen because their is way to much ego and taking short cuts for players to win premierships, but how about players stick with your club, help your team mates get better, develop your juniors into seniors to become successful. But nope players just go with the easier option and move to a club at the top end of the ladder.
You know what Players that continue to move teams only stuff the club their going to up with the points system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of players stay loyal, plenty of clubs have long careers at their second or third club.

Plenty of blokes remain at there club long term but there is also plenty of merchants who float between chasing cash and easy flags. You only have to look at Mernda for examples of both. Instead of focusing on the blokes coming in who bailed on jacana as soon as things got tough have a look at someone like Delaney who easily could have left and chased country money or challenged himself at a higher level but has stayed loyal.

Plenty of blokes remain at there club long term but there is also plenty of merchants who float between chasing cash and easy flags. You only have to look at Mernda for examples of both. Instead of focusing on the blokes coming in who bailed on jacana as soon as things got tough have a look at someone like Delaney who easily could have left and chased country money or challenged himself at a higher level but has stayed loyal.
Agree with Delaney, he’s a very good footballer 👍

[/Q
Agree with Delaney, he’s a very good footballer 👍
it a shame Delaney is soft as butter ... would not make it in a higher level mate, all he is good for is a long kick

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back