NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

What Lalor is doing with there Auskick and junior program is fantastic. But I do agree they will need some kind of on field success over the next 4-5 years. They don't want to become a breeding ground for better placed sides on field and in the area. The likes of Thomastown, Greensborough, Bundoora will all pounce on these kids if they become decent footballers. We all know once they hit the 18-21 years of age, they will make there own choice on where they want to play football and if in 5 years time the performances haven't improved and they can see a better standard up the road, loyalty will be out the door very quickly! Hopefully by 2025 you are right and they are pushing for Divison 2.
2025 is a bit early surely. The kids in Auskick to under 12s will barely we 18 if that.

I really hope Reservior and Lalor can start knocking off sides this year. Hopefully make those trips to their ground dangerous for sides.

I tell you something dont give him the room to run for the ball from behind because you will know about it does not step side ways

Spot on I know him pretty.
I would hate to be a div 3 defender.
kick top the goal kicking in 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was advised by the league at the AGM tonight that several clubs who are not financial will have their salary caps reduced. Good to see, if you are not paying league fees you should not be paying players.
Realistically reducing the cap on clubs not financial is token punishment, you can’t tell me clubs some clubs don’t use (paper bags) and league fees are second priority, success supersedes responsibility. I think what the league should do with those clubs is reduce the player points allowed, if clubs are over the points then the teams cannot be lodged, hence they can’t play. That way it forces clubs to look at blooding juniors to senior football, be more recruiting savvy, player payments are lower, points not an issue and stops clubs throwing money at external recruits which cost a lot more money and have much higher points. Clubs save money, the league gets their fees and they become much more sustainable in the long run. The points system is the key to pulling clubs in line.
I know not all clubs have juniors and financially diverse so it would clearly be a club by club investigation and common sense included

Last edited:
Realistically reducing the cap on clubs not financial is token punishment, you can’t tell me clubs some clubs don’t use (paper bags) and league fees are second priority, success supersedes responsibility. I think what the league should do with those clubs is reduce the player points allowed, if clubs are over the points then the teams cannot be lodged, hence they can’t play. That way it forces clubs to look at blooding juniors to senior football, be more recruiting savvy, player payments are lower, points not an issue and stops clubs throwing money at external recruits which cost a lot more money and have much higher points. Clubs save money, the league gets their fees and they become much more sustainable in the long run. The points system is the key to pulling clubs in line.
I know not all clubs have juniors and financially diverse so it would clearly be a club by club investigation and common sense included

Need to make it as simple as possible IMO

If you have not paid fees in full by June 16 2020 then you don't play for points until you are paid up. Only pick that date as it is 2 weeks before clearances close. Might be some movement required if clubs can not pay. With no real deterrent (until the following season) it is quite conceivable that you can have multiple clubs across divisions play finals despite not being a financial member of the competition. That is not right.

Need to make it as simple as possible IMO

If you have not paid fees in full by June 16 2020 then you don't play for points until you are paid up. Only pick that date as it is 2 weeks before clearances close. Might be some movement required if clubs can not pay. With no real deterrent (until the following season) it is quite conceivable that you can have multiple clubs across divisions play finals despite not being a financial member of the competition. That is not right.
Yeah true, no premiership points is a good simple deterrent, also I really think the points reduction would help avoid clubs getting in too deep with player payments so they wouldn’t actually be able to recruit a gun from another comp on big money cause they may be a 4-5 pointer and cannot fit them in

The issue is punishing teams not playing for points basically could sink a side.

Teams can go through financial hardship but as long as a plans put in place you don’t want to destroy them.

Imagine if anything D3 club was told they wouldn’t be playing for points half way through. How many would have a club next year?

Salary cap reduction for not paying fee's & points reduction for going over salary cap seems fair. Points can be added or deducted at any time of the year.

The issue is punishing teams not playing for points basically could sink a side.

Teams can go through financial hardship but as long as a plans put in place you don’t want to destroy them.

Imagine if anything D3 club was told they wouldn’t be playing for points half way through. How many would have a club next year?

I probably agree here, the competition should be trying to support clubs and educate them on how to run a club correctly, I think forcing a reduced salary cap is reasonable. Taking away points would destroy a club and players wouldnt put there body at risk. Likelihood is most clubs would fold or refuse to put teams out on the park. Look at EDFL bottom division a where Hadfield and jacana have gone into recess.

Surely the first thing any club would do is make sure they have the funds to pay league fees
Any club that is not financial then should play for no points, it just poor management and basic accounting
Melbourne Storm played for no points when they broke the salary cap, yes slightly different circumstance but still corporate governance

Is Willimson back at Laurimar after his injury
A forward line of Francis (massive upgrade on King), Williamson, Cecil and Sherman if he plays is going to be hard to contain in div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back