NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Shelton has signed with Warrandyte, big loss for Morang. Rumors are they knew this was coming and have a quality replacement ready to announce in coming days.

Can confirm Whybrow retired after the grand final. Coulsen x3 league medalist and any team would be mad not to go after him.

Names? Has whybrow retired? Would explain why they threw the world at Coulson
You think it was realistic that he defect to a rival club? Been a fair while since morang has actually recruited anyone decent. Old school coach and useless committee. Shelton passed his best too

You think it was realistic that he defect to a rival club? Been a fair while since morang has actually recruited anyone decent. Old school coach and useless committee. Shelton passed his best too
You know their committee are volunteers? End of the day there making finals but struggling to get out of D3. Lucky to have a club after that night tbh

You know their committee are volunteers? End of the day there making finals but struggling to get out of D3. Lucky to have a club after that night tbh
You must have a pretty bad experience with Morang I’d say as all you do is come on here and slag the club, coach and the people who volunteer so the joint can run. If it wasn’t for the “old school coach” the place would have shut the doors by now. Has a record of two grand finals and a prelim with constant player losses and inability to recruit due to previous administrations actions. League has dictated the committee so of course it’s not going to be perfect but what can the club do until they are not bound by the league and who they appoint? Maybe try giving us something else other than bagging individuals? What club do you support? I’m sure they are absolutely perfect.

You must have a pretty bad experience with Morang I’d say as all you do is come on here and slag the club, coach and the people who volunteer so the joint can run. If it wasn’t for the “old school coach” the place would have shut the doors by now. Has a record of two grand finals and a prelim with constant player losses and inability to recruit due to previous administrations actions. League has dictated the committee so of course it’s not going to be perfect but what can the club do until they are not bound by the league and who they appoint? Maybe try giving us something else other than bagging individuals? What club do you support? I’m sure they are absolutely perfect.
Are you saying the league has stopped South picking the best committee?

Why have they denied potential candidates

Are you saying the league has stopped South picking the best committee?

Why have they denied potential candidates
They stopped candidates because certain people on the committee have advised the league who should and who shouldn’t be allowed a role and the league don’t do their homework they just listen to one individual and that individual was involved with the previous president !!! Say no more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They stopped candidates because certain people on the committee have advised the league who should and who shouldn’t be allowed a role and the league don’t do their homework they just listen to one individual and that individual was involved with the previous president !!! Say no more
This isn’t new information for anyone in the NFNL div 3. My point is the people who have been there over the last few years have been trying their best and there’s to many keyboard warriors on here shit talking a club whose been put in a position by people who are no longer there.

This isn’t new information for anyone in the NFNL div 3. My point is the people who have been there over the last few years have been trying their best and there’s to many keyboard warriors on here shit talking a club whose been put in a position by people who are no longer there.
Yeah I know it’s old news the question was asked and I answered it .... I’ll think you’ll find 2 or 3 are still on committee ... one in particular was in with the ex president !!!!!

From what i understand their was 50 odd on the track - Think this was more of a way to get the club together before xmas rather than a complete full-on hit out to find out what April will look like...!!!

I think there was also about 30-40 supporters/members there to have a look and a beer... All good reports from the people i've spoke to today.

Last edited:
Laurimar to win it next season. Kilmore and South Morang thereabouts. Heidelberg West is the question mark. Can they finally produce a stellar performance? We've been waiting for a while now.
I think Laurimar are in the box seat but it’s a long season. Hard to see them not being there at the end

Kilmore will finish second. Building nicely and play their ground well.

South to miss finals. Blokes leaving and no recruits

Not sure of West. They’ve had enough talent for a while but really just fall over constantly.

Hard for a coach who is part of the fabric of the club to come in and have a big shock factor IMO, really I’m against that sort of appointment without doing work at other clubs first. Either way let’s hope he does well.

Turtles finished of the season strong and probably will be better after their first season. Wouldn’t be surprised

Lalor finally to beat someone besides the mustangs.

Reservior to get a win.

Mernda will be there abouts. Not convinced with their direction. Point trouble coming from what I calculate, maybe they’ve lost some?

I think Laurimar are in the box seat but it’s a long season. Hard to see them not being there at the end

Kilmore will finish second. Building nicely and play their ground well.

South to miss finals. Blokes leaving and no recruits

Not sure of West. They’ve had enough talent for a while but really just fall over constantly.

Hard for a coach who is part of the fabric of the club to come in and have a big shock factor IMO, really I’m against that sort of appointment without doing work at other clubs first. Either way let’s hope he does well.

Turtles finished of the season strong and probably will be better after their first season. Wouldn’t be surprised

Lalor finally to beat someone besides the mustangs.

Reservior to get a win.

Mernda will be there abouts. Not convinced with their direction. Point trouble coming from what I calculate, maybe they’ve lost some?
Kilmore ahead of Laurimar for me. Play Morang and Mernda at home twice and Reservoir and Lalor they play 3 times. Dream fixture on top of retaining the list and adding a couple extra. Laurimar got lucky a few times last year and were found out come finals, still not convinced they are the standout but then who else steps up to the plate? Mernda? West? Turtles losing Malone and recruiting 30 year olds is interesting, Lalor and Reservoir can’t see moving off the bottom and Morang look a little in trouble.

Kilmore ahead of Laurimar for me. Play Morang and Mernda at home twice and Reservoir and Lalor they play 3 times. Dream fixture on top of retaining the list and adding a couple extra. Laurimar got lucky a few times last year and were found out come finals, still not convinced they are the standout but then who else steps up to the plate? Mernda? West? Turtles losing Malone and recruiting 30 year olds is interesting, Lalor and Reservoir can’t see moving off the bottom and Morang look a little in trouble.
If you don’t have a junior network and finished towards the bottom of d3 it’s always hard to attract players in their mid 20s unless you offer them huge overs.

I see Malone is a Lower junior so would have been hard to keep him in that situation.

Lauirmar, recruited well, increased depth from 2019 will hold them in good stead
Sth Morang, always written off but have made grand finals and finals last few years Depth could be tested but still think will be thereabouts
Kilmore, look to atone for poor final but have added some quality, top 4 for sure, possible top 2
Heidelberg West, important year, need to play senior finals great depth with 2's winning flag, top 4
Mernda, heaps of numbers on track, not sure of quality though, points may also be an issue but best team on park and can push for top 4
Turtles, looking to consolidate from promising first season not having juniors makes it hard and losing Malone need to find another key forward
Lalor, again credit to them for pushing on, creating great links to community and history of Lalor will ensure they bounce back will be looking to get w few scalps this season
Reservoir, again full credit to committee and coaching staff for keeping the club going would be great for them to get some wins in 2020

Early prediction
Laurimar
Kilmore
South Morang
Heidelberg west
Mernda
Turtles
Lalor
Reservoir

Lauirmar, recruited well, increased depth from 2019 will hold them in good stead
Sth Morang, always written off but have made grand finals and finals last few years Depth could be tested but still think will be thereabouts
Kilmore, look to atone for poor final but have added some quality, top 4 for sure, possible top 2
Heidelberg West, important year, need to play senior finals great depth with 2's winning flag, top 4
Mernda, heaps of numbers on track, not sure of quality though, points may also be an issue but best team on park and can push for top 4
Turtles, looking to consolidate from promising first season not having juniors makes it hard and losing Malone need to find another key forward
Lalor, again credit to them for pushing on, creating great links to community and history of Lalor will ensure they bounce back will be looking to get w few scalps this season
Reservoir, again full credit to committee and coaching staff for keeping the club going would be great for them to get some wins in 2020

Early prediction
Laurimar
Kilmore
South Morang
Heidelberg west
Mernda
Turtles
Lalor
Reservoir
I’m not convinced west 25 year drought is coming to a end. They had good depth last year.

Hear it every season

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back