NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The number of one point players in a senior team mixed with positive results says a lot about what a club has interns of either youth coming through or culture.

From the senior teams that played on the weekend teams fielded the following:
Morang - 21 x 1 point players
H. West - 19 x 1 point players
Kilmore - 19 x 1 point players
Turtles - 16 x 1 point players
Reservoir - 16 x 1 point players
Laurimar - 14 x 1 point players
Mernda - 14 x 1 point players
Lalor - 13 x 1 point players

A positive for reservoir is that although the scoreboard isn’t happening it seems they have the players sticking by them.

With a junior club of Merndas caliber and a strong 19s, they shouldn’t have 8 players not home grown and still only have 1 win to show for it. I can understand if you’re rebuilding through your juniors and the success is lacking but when you’re bringing in guys externally and having no luck then this is very worrying.

Compare it to South Morangs list where they are probably paying substantially less on player payments and apart from 1 player are all players bred through the Morang system - go back 5 years ago and this wasn’t the case.

Mernda is now probably where Morang were back then except don’t have the finals experience that Morang could still achieve even when they were favouring recruits over their junior system.

Laurimar seem to blood through their youth with the addition of top up recruits but seem to be targeting the right players to balance themselves out and this shows with how they are sitting.

Kilmore are getting the interest back in all of the ex players who probably disappeared for a bit during their years of down time who have now realised their is something seriously worth playing for back at their home club.

West to have 19 1 point players with no juniors or 19s and knock off Laurimar show that players are staying and buying into the club, including many who have ridden some tough times.

Lalor are trying but don’t seem like they are achieving the right balance or retention just yet.

It’s alarming teams like West Heidelberg, Turtles, Panton Hill are in front of Mernda with no juniors, no 19s, worse facilities...

The club needs to face facts things need to change. Player retention is priority number one. No point recruiting 10 “guns” if your losing 12 a year.

It’s alarming teams like West Heidelberg, Turtles, Panton Hill are in front of Mernda with no juniors, no 19s, worse facilities...

The club needs to face facts things need to change. Player retention is priority number one. No point recruiting 10 “guns” if your losing 12 a year.
Agreed. Also worth noting is that the 4 teams that fielded the most 1 point players on the weekend all won...

The number of one point players in a senior team mixed with positive results says a lot about what a club has interns of either youth coming through or culture.

From the senior teams that played on the weekend teams fielded the following:
Morang - 21 x 1 point players
H. West - 19 x 1 point players
Kilmore - 19 x 1 point players
Turtles - 16 x 1 point players
Reservoir - 16 x 1 point players
Laurimar - 14 x 1 point players
Mernda - 14 x 1 point players
Lalor - 13 x 1 point players

A positive for reservoir is that although the scoreboard isn’t happening it seems they have the players sticking by them.

With a junior club of Merndas caliber and a strong 19s, they shouldn’t have 8 players not home grown and still only have 1 win to show for it. I can understand if you’re rebuilding through your juniors and the success is lacking but when you’re bringing in guys externally and having no luck then this is very worrying.

Compare it to South Morangs list where they are probably paying substantially less on player payments and apart from 1 player are all players bred through the Morang system - go back 5 years ago and this wasn’t the case.

Mernda is now probably where Morang were back then except don’t have the finals experience that Morang could still achieve even when they were favouring recruits over their junior system.

Laurimar seem to blood through their youth with the addition of top up recruits but seem to be targeting the right players to balance themselves out and this shows with how they are sitting.

Kilmore are getting the interest back in all of the ex players who probably disappeared for a bit during their years of down time who have now realised their is something seriously worth playing for back at their home club.

West to have 19 1 point players with no juniors or 19s and knock off Laurimar show that players are staying and buying into the club, including many who have ridden some tough times.

Lalor are trying but don’t seem like they are achieving the right balance or retention just yet.

You know how points work don't you??
If you were a 3 pt in 2019 & played 5 games (reserves or seniors), then yr a 2 pt in 2020.
Now any team who had players registered in 2020 before the head office called the season then got a 1 pt reduction for the covid yr: hence 2021 yr a 1 pt.
So you could of only played 5 games for a club and today be a 1 pointer. so all this theory about juniors, no juniors, high recruits no recruits is just BS.
Some of you guys must get yourself in a dark room and beat yourself silly.

If you were a 3 pt in 2019 & played 5 games (reserves or seniors), then yr a 2 pt in 2020.
Now any team who had players registered in 2020 before the head office called the season then got a 1 pt reduction for the covid yr: hence 2021 yr a 1 pt.
So you could of only played 5 games for a club and today be a 1 pointer. so all this theory about juniors, no juniors, high recruits no recruits is just BS.
😅🤣😅🤣 don't hold back

Yes I’m aware.

And that proves my point. It should be to have a team full of 1 point players then. If you have a culture good enough to retain your list from 2019 after recruiting pre covid its still a reflection of where a club is at with player retention.

Alot of players who may have been recruited for the 2020 season on large sums of money before the cap cuts would not have hung around at many clubs after having their payments cuts so having those 3 point players drop to 1 point from 2019 to 2021 is an achievement if the player chose to hang around and buy into the club and what they are about rather than pack up and leave without playing a game because they are getting paid less.

Having 1 pointers still show a form of loyalty to the club.

Yes I’m aware.

And that proves my point. It should be to have a team full of 1 point players then. If you have a culture good enough to retain your list from 2019 after recruiting pre covid its still a reflection of where a club is at with player retention.

Alot of players who may have been recruited for the 2020 season on large sums of money before the cap cuts would not have hung around at many clubs after having their payments cuts so having those 3 point players drop to 1 point from 2019 to 2021 is an achievement if the player chose to hang around and buy into the club and what they are about rather than pack up and leave without playing a game because they are getting paid less.

Having 1 pointers still show a form of loyalty to the club.

Come on who really cares about points it’s there and capped for a reason.. so if teams want to use it they can. All you have to worry about is if your in the mid 30’s and above you have recruited and paying top dollar and you should be sitting in the top 2 of the comp that your competing in. Under that you might have 19 one pointers and 2 or 3 4 pointers or around that mark to help and boost your squad and team as you build. Some clubs are luckier than others in that aspect. But if your up in points your paying full tote odds on salary cap if you are lower your saving a couple of dollars. There isn’t a club out there that isn’t trying to win. Some committees and coaches have different ideas on what that looks like all I can say if your a coach or a committee person all you should be looking at is at the end of the day when you pack up your bags and move on that you left the place in a better place than when you come in to it. And sometimes that isn’t necessarily marked in premierships, but you could well if contributed to long term success at the club you leave..!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting to see where the Turtles are playing their home match this weekend.

Not sure Bundoora or NH would be too happy with it but its brilliantly done by the turtles.
Good to see West, Lalor and Turtles working hard on creating junior path ways.

Come on who really cares about points it’s there and capped for a reason.. so if teams want to use it they can. All you have to worry about is if your in the mid 30’s and above you have recruited and paying top dollar and you should be sitting in the top 2 of the comp that your competing in. Under that you might have 19 one pointers and 2 or 3 4 pointers or around that mark to help and boost your squad and team as you build. Some clubs are luckier than others in that aspect. But if your up in points your paying full tote odds on salary cap if you are lower your saving a couple of dollars. There isn’t a club out there that isn’t trying to win. Some committees and coaches have different ideas on what that looks like all I can say if your a coach or a committee person all you should be looking at is at the end of the day when you pack up your bags and move on that you left the place in a better place than when you come in to it. And sometimes that isn’t necessarily marked in premierships, but you could well if contributed to long term success at the club you leave..!

My point isnt referring to teams using or maximising the cap limits it is referencing the fact that the teams who seem to be retaining their players and focusing on building within seem to be performing better than those going out and recruiting externally when they have the opportunity to build the club organically. Teams are well entitled to recruit however they feel, in a situation when comparing Mernda v Morang that is where my logic is coming from.

Not sure Bundoora or NH would be too happy with it but its brilliantly done by the turtles.

I think you will find Bundoora will be playing an u/19s night game there

Not sure it’s the wisest move to play all your teams there and give up a home game. Your throwing away $8k-$10k youd make at a home game.

Unless yarrambat are giving them the gate, canteen and bar? Which I’d be very surprised!

I think you will find Bundoora will be playing an u/19s night game there

Not sure it’s the wisest move to play all your teams there and give up a home game. Your throwing away $8k-$10k youd make at a home game.

Unless yarrambat are giving them the gate, canteen and bar? Which I’d be very surprised!

Not sure where you get the figure of 8-10k made from a home game? Especially the Turtles.
That would need to be a minimum turnover of 15-20k.

I'd have Sparksy, Dimech, Aleksovski and Hammer back in a heart beat.

SPARKSY is playing in the southern league division 4 I'd expect him to come close to winning league B&F. Ripper bloke and really enjoyed the blokes at the club.

DIMECH is a raging bull and that's what Fletch needs but DIMECH wasn't going to stay after Desi was moved on.
B&F winner and brought with him a awesome family which threw themselves into the club and HELPED.

ALEKSOVSKI is absolutely flying over at Deer Park, DIVISION 1 WRFL has had to make his way into the strongest side in metropolitan football over the last 7 years. 7 flags in 7 years and looking on target for their 8th. Playing as a small pressure forward. Watched him in three games this year and has impressed me his attack on the player and his silky skills around goals. He has seriously taken his game to another level and credit to him for testing himself. If only he was at the feet of Kimo.

HAMMER Over in the Tassie league cut his teeth at senior level two weeks ago. Haven't watched him closely but I always said he could've been anything if he applied himself and wasn't Lazy. Maybe going to Tassie will give him the nudge he needed.

The other players are just 2nds players.
Great blokes but 2s footy everyday of the week.

Mernda people can say what they like about the quality of the players that left, but why did these blokes leave in the first place???

That should be the question!!

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Deer park won’t feature in
Finals
This year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Altona
Werribee
Hoppers
Spotswood

Maybe Caroline springs sneaky chance

Spotty will end up in d2 next year.
Deer Park still have Redpath/Fev to return and about 6 more to come back from injury.
I'll call it now Altona VS Deer Park.

Deer Park add another to the massive cabinet

Never ride off the MACHINE

Glad your done your home work.
Now this is a NORTHERN D3 FORUM
SEE YA

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Looking at the ladder and looking at these weeks fixtures I think we will be down to 5 teams who can play finals in 2021.

Can Mernda respond and knock off Kilmore?

Yep, looks like Kilmore v Turtles could be a massive clash for both sides.

West won the first 5 last season and imploded though?

Can’t see Mernda, Lalor or the Mustangs having any chance of finals action

How many went to training at mernda last night anyone know
See on there Facebook page they went to Big Swing which isnt a bad thing to get away from the club with whats been happening. Anyone tell how many of the players in the photo of 25 ( LOL ) are Senior players ? And I couldnt see the coach unless the lighting was bad ....

All in all these things off site instead of training usually help the boys. Lets see if it does this week.

Not sure where you get the figure of 8-10k made from a home game? Especially the Turtles.
That would need to be a minimum turnover of 15-20k.
Sorry I’m going off Div 1. Every home game would bring in from $6k-$10k

Obviously not as many watch div 3. But would expect them to at least bring in $3k-$5k or else not sure how they survive.

You’d think 3-5k sounds about right for div 3.

It’s good to see that clubs are supporting eachother and away teams decide to mingle in the rooms for a bit after senior games to support the home clubs bar and emphasise that alcohol also shouldn’t be bought into the ground by supporters instead off supporting the home clubs bar. This should hopefully be able to help one and other make game day revenue especially after wha everyone went through with covid.

Coming out of covid the last thing you’d want is for clubs not to help one and other out to maximise revenue to keep them all competing.

You’d think 3-5k sounds about right for div 3.

It’s good to see that clubs are supporting eachother and away teams decide to mingle in the rooms for a bit after senior games to support the home clubs bar and emphasise that alcohol also shouldn’t be bought into the ground by supporters instead off supporting the home clubs bar. This should hopefully be able to help one and other make game day revenue especially after wha everyone went through with covid.

Coming out of covid the last thing you’d want is for clubs not to help one and other out to maximise revenue to keep them all competing.
Unfortunately there is a few clubs who don’t encourage this. 19’s & reserves bring there own grog and set up behind the goals and don’t make any trips to the bar but are pi**ed by 3 quarter time.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back