NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Turtles too strong in the Reserves winning buy 4-5 in the end. Jumped out of the blocks and controlled the first half. I think they may have taken a few off in second half to give some more rotations in the seniors due to hot and humid conditions. Hoes won second half to narrow the margin. I’d suggest the turtles Reserves will be thereabouts in season 2021.

in the Seniors, the Turtles again started well and had four Majors on the board before we got a little more organised. We didn’t have a ruckman on the night (injured/unavailable) and as such the Turtles dominated the first quarter out of the middle with good ruck work and connection with their mids.

Second quarter we changed a few things up around the ball to try and break even in there and got on a bit of a roll. The turtles push up from the back half and we had to transition over the top to break the lines and bit more. It gave us a bit more room in what was a good game of contested footy, yet lacked any real flow. It is preseason after all.

Second half a bit of a grind for both teams and became more about running it out and staying in the contest. We were down to two on the bench by half time and cooked by three quarter time, yet credit to the Turtles who ran the game out better IMO.

Booth teams missing a few and it was a first hit out so a little more congested and down on skill execution - as you would expect, especially as guys got tired in the last. Turtles deserved the 16 point victory as controlled 60% of the game And we’re a bit better with the ball use. Young team that will continue to improve in Div 3 me thinks.

Game played in good spirits And if the bar takings are any indication of how to make some coin, we should move to div 3 NFNL next year 😉😂

Thanks fo all the Turtles players, officials and supporters. Good luck in season 2021.

Cheers, Chump.
Has a move to the NFNL ever been discussed in depth Chump?

Be great to have an Ivanhoe side in the comp.

Has a move to the NFNL ever been discussed in depth Chump?

Be great to have an Ivanhoe side in the comp.

Simple answer is YES - several members are keen on the idea and continue to suggest we have a more in depth look at it. In more recent years as competition for our juniors has been more aggressive by several local NFNL teams and Private Schools, we have looked at different ways to continue to survive/grow. We look at ALL options and one of those is the pros and cons of joining the NFNL. I personally believe, for several reasons, it would be a very good option for us to explore more moving forward, but that is just my opinion.

Cheers, Chump.

I know it’s a practice match but all the hype from Mernda and they can’t dispose of a lower range d3 EDFL side?
Fletch has stuck to his word and played the blokes who have done the work, I'd say atleast 5 u/19s played in the main game and about 6/9 reserves players.
I watch 3 quarters of the game and the saints/mernda had a fair crack in poor conditions.

Practice matches this weekend from what I’ve seen
West v Panton hill tonight
Turtles v ivanhoe ammos tonight
Mernda v saints tomorrow
Lalor v richmond central’s tomorrow
kilmore v lancefield tomorrow
Laurimar v old paradians tomorrow

Morang have been awfully quietthis whole off season
They need to appoint a fresh footy department and coach too. I’d be chasing a younger coach who the players can relate to better. They just continue to lose players year on year and proactively do nothing about it.

Anyone know when/where Reservoir train ? I've come across a few websites some haven't been updated for a few years and others seem to just have info about junior teams. I tried emailing them a month ago and no reply =/ Went down to Crispe park a couple day in a row around 6pm and it's always just puppy training or something :drunk:

Anyone know when/where Reservoir train ? I've come across a few websites some haven't been updated for a few years and others seem to just have info about junior teams. I tried emailing them a month ago and no reply =/ Went down to Crispe park a couple day in a row around 6pm and it's always just puppy training or something :drunk:
Couldn’t tel you, I assume crispe park but obviously not? Strange you wouldn’t have it on your socials or a phone number to call

Reservoir is currently training at the Hockey Field next to Reservoir District on Plenty Road. They are back at home ground from 1st April.

I know their Reserves Coach and he is a terrific person and will make you most welcome!

Reservoir is currently training at the Hockey Field next to Reservoir District on Plenty Road. They are back at home ground from 1st April.

I know their Reserves Coach and he is a terrific person and will make you most welcome!
I went and had a look this arvo, I believe I finally found them :D Thanks!

Simple answer is YES - several members are keen on the idea and continue to suggest we have a more in depth look at it. In more recent years as competition for our juniors has been more aggressive by several local NFNL teams and Private Schools, we have looked at different ways to continue to survive/grow. We look at ALL options and one of those is the pros and cons of joining the NFNL. I personally believe, for several reasons, it would be a very good option for us to explore more moving forward, but that is just my opinion.

Cheers, Chump.
Ask anyone from Banyule or Old Eltham and they’ll say it’s the best thing their club ever did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers, Chump.

Great to hear its being considered.

I know a couple of years ago Bulleen Templestowe were lookign at moving to the eastern league, but i think they should consider the NFNL as a better option.

Literally a 10 minute drive from the Heidelberg precinct which houses three clubs

Practice matches this weekend
West v Surrey Park tonight @ WH
Mernda v Oak Park tomorrow
Lalor v Keilor Park tomorrow @ KP
Laurimar v Romsey tomorrow @ Laurimar
Kilmore v Avenel tomorrow @ kilmore
Morang? Reservoir? Turtles?

No Coulson at west and looked to be losers against surrey park. Reserves atrocious long year ahead possibly. Mernda not looking as sharp as expected against OP maybe Kilmores to lose this year.
Salty grapes won the flag in ressies and have picked up blokes who have play div 1 senior footy by all thoughts.
Including a div 1 ressies comp best and fairest. Seniors surely to be better and ressies will only benefit.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back