NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep can confirm 100% it’s true.

Spoken to someone at the meals who plays for Mernda. Apparently they thought it was odd as all other clubs their buddies play at called off dinner.

Some very angry clubs who were instructed in a presidents meeting not even 24 hours before NOT TO HOST MEALS AND ROOMS TO BE SHUT.

In the interest of integrity I believe the punishment should be made public. That’s the view got from 3 clubs from all divisions I’ve spoken to.

Wow that is huge especially if it was a directive at a president meeting only 24 hours earlier, looks like one president thinks he is above the league.
Do you know if this is being looked into ? Or is it just talk on here?
And why would a president put at risk a major sponsorship with north park medical for the sake of a couple of beers and meals?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow that is huge especially if it was a directive at a president meeting only 24 hours earlier, looks like one president thinks he is above the league.
And why would a president put at risk a major sponsorship with north park medical for the sake of a couple of beers and meals?

No clue if it’s actually being investigated? Judging by the rumours posted earlier you’d guess yes

It should not happen but anyone that thinks it will be investigated needs to look at the NFNL Facebook page today where they posted the plays of the game of the week at Bundoora and all you could see and hear where supporters everywhere. Now I know Clubs where told not to try and kick anyone out and not saying Bundoora did a thing wrong at all but I feel there was no need to post videos showing cars with boots open and people watching and drinking and cheering the game on, many of us did the right thing and obeyed the edict from the NFNL (and due to that dropped a few extra hundred on the horses as he was bored...)

No clue if it’s actually being investigated? Judging by the rumours posted earlier you’d guess yes

Mmmm I just can’t see a president lead his club into a situation that could set the club backwards when they have been struggling anyway it’s just bewildering if true. Maybe the NFNL could sack the president instead of punishing the club, after all this decision rests solely on his shoulders if it is indeed true.

It should not happen but anyone that thinks it will be investigated needs to look at the NFNL Facebook page today where they posted the plays of the game of the week at Bundoora and all you could see and hear where supporters everywhere. Now I know Clubs where told not to try and kick anyone out and not saying Bundoora did a thing wrong at all but I feel there was no need to post videos showing cars with boots open and people watching and drinking and cheering the game on, many of us did the right thing and obeyed the edict from the NFNL (and due to that dropped a few extra hundred on the horses as he was bored...)

Just a few hundred 100/1 pop winning a leg of the melb quad hurt

Mernda should be fined. Why should they profit by disobeying the rules while nearly every other club followed them?

Clubs are getting fined for submitting the wrong numbers on teams sheets let alone disobeying direct covid protocols

People at the ground weren't breaking any government rules. Opening up on a Thursday night was breaking government and council rules. Their liquor license and function room access should be revoked.

People at the ground weren't breaking any government rules. Opening up on a Thursday night was breaking government and council rules. Their liquor license and function room access should be revoked.

Ease up, it rests with one person if this is the case and it happened. And that person alone should be the one who takes the heat and if need be takes the fall. The club shouldn’t be penalised to that extreme because one person thinks he is above everyone else.

Ease up, it rests with one person if this is the case and it happened. And that person alone should be the one who takes the heat and if need be takes the fall. The club shouldn’t be penalised to that extreme because one person thinks he is above everyone else.

Everyone in that room had a choice to break the rules or go home.

Everyone in that room had a choice to break the rules or go home.
Every single club was told change rooms were to be closed and players were to leave after training. It was all over social media and sent directly to clubs ect. Unfortunately 1 club thought they were above this.

My mail they were well above the restaurant density limit as well which was 50 patrons inside max

Last edited:
Every single club was told change rooms were to be closed and players were to leave after training. It was all over social media and sent directly to clubs ect. Unfortunately 1 club thought they were above this.

My mail they were well above the restaurant density limit as well which was 50 patrons inside max

Oh wow, if that’s the case how do you try to defend the club

Yep he will coach on because the football manager is guided by him. If the FM had any idea he would be looking for a replacement now, if he isn't coaching
the players he has brought to the club will exit besides S.Smith and J.King. The others will walk. Maybe Evans might come back if Fletcher isn't coaching.
Fletch won't get sacked as there was an agreement between him and the football manager in regards to his son being co captain and flech has held his part of the deal so next year when the footy manager takes over as president fletchs job will be safe.
Or flech can save face and step down over the fiasco of opening the rooms .
Hmm wonder which way it's going to go????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he will coach on because the football manager is guided by him. If the FM had any idea he would be looking for a replacement now, if he isn't coaching
the players he has brought to the club will exit besides S.Smith and J.King. The others will walk. Maybe Evans might come back if Fletcher isn't coaching.
Fletch won't get sacked as there was an agreement between him and the football manager in regards to his son being co captain and flech has held his part of the deal so next year when the footy manager takes over as president fletchs job will be safe.
Or flech can save face and step down over the fiasco of opening the rooms .
Hmm wonder which way it's going to go????
That cant be true, sure the kid played every game in the ones, befor fletch took over.. and he has be in the best in every games this year

With all that is being written about the Mernda Football Club on BigFooty, I know most of it is a Pi55 take but I personally think it would be a good move from a senior figure (Football Manager/President) to lay everything out on the table about all the issues that keep them being made the most talked about club in the nfnl and not for good reasons. Surely with everything being said, it's causing unwanted pressure on the club and most importantly the players.

Gazza Cutler did regarding the heat on his club. Put the questions to bed and has been praised for it.

That's my opinion for what's its worth.

With all that is being written about the Mernda Football Club on BigFooty, I know most of it is a Pi55 take but I personally think it would be a good move from a senior figure (Football Manager/President) to lay everything out on the table about all the issues that keep them being made the most talked about club in the nfnl and not for good reasons. Surely with everything being said, it's causing unwanted pressure on the club and most importantly the players.

Gazza Cutler did regarding the heat on his club. Put the questions to bed and has been praised for it.

I agree, would love to know if the meal was tasty last Thursday night.

Well said but it seems they are only interested in the pre season talk up oh how they will be world beaters

Well said but it seems they are only interested in the pre season talk up oh how they will be world beaters
A Lot more happened in the pre-season
#high expectations ...x
#coach having a fight with the president on the way home from the oak park game ....x
# in fighting with Ass coach’s ( king & smith ) at 1/2 time for all to see
So that’s no secret... x
# Two smith boys have walk after fletcher had words them
Haven’t been see since round 2...x
# U/19s coach sacked....x
#EVENS has walk away ....x
# what’s happened the last week or so ...x
DO I NEED TO GO ON 🤔🤔🤔

A Lot more happened in the pre-season
#high expectations ...x
#coach having a fight with the president on the way home from the oak park game ....x
# in fighting with Ass coach’s ( king & smith ) at 1/2 time for all to see
So that’s no secret... x
# Two smith boys have walk after fletcher had words them
Haven’t been see since round 2...x
# U/19s coach sacked....x
#EVENS has walk away ....x
# what’s happened the last week or so ...x
DO I NEED TO GO ON 🤔🤔🤔
Didn’t they also lose the Pierce brothers after the 19s coach was sacked too

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad