NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this a joke...Reservoir had over 40 players at training on Thursday night and have been averaging 30plus every night for the past month. Dont post this sort of rubbish without checking with the club...What a bell end.
KELLETT,CROUCH,DELANEY are the only ones missing from what i could see. Disappointing start to the season.
Smith & Bell

Senior side from Mernda got told a few home truths about their performance on the weekend from the coach.
Not up to it, Cant kick, To slow, unfit, etc etc.
Did anyone put their hand up and let the coach know he cant coach????

A side is only good as its leader no wonder they are going backwards under this bloke.
Telling players they are no good, too slow and questioning their ability who picks the side every week?

I wasn't there but heard from someone at Mernda that the players were taken into the park on the far side of the ground and spoken to for 40 minutes after the game, didnt get back into the room's until after 5 oclock

I wasn't there but heard from someone at Mernda that the players were taken into the park on the far side of the ground and spoken to for 40 minutes after the game, didnt get back into the room's until after 5 oclock
Thats right my man. Copped an absolute spray. Could hear it from the other side of the ground. Long year for the old demons.

Made my way down to watch Mernda rebound after a poor display against South Morang in round 1. Fast forward 2 1/2 hours of poorly displayed football from Mernda and multiple sprays from the coach towards his players they got beaten again, Midfield got smashed all day, Forwards didn't defend or present and the odd occasion they presented to the midfielders the ball hit their feet or went straight over their heads. The poor backline who would want to play there every week when the mids don't put pressure on the opposition. Playing a game style which is junior level no wonder they get torn apart every week.
2nd last on the division 3 ladder with a percentage of 41.88% the season looks done already. Surely the Mernda supporters are wanting change in the coaches box.
Mernda haven't beaten anyone besides Reservoir and Lalor during a Home and Away season under the very experienced coach Robert Fletcher.

Ill call a change by round 7.

What the hell is going on there?

Someone said they have a young side? Surely kids these days just aren't going to put up with this.

What the hell is going on there?

Someone said they have a young side? Surely kids these days just aren't going to put up with this.
I said they have a young side and they do! A majority of the side is 21 or younger. They have a very tight nit group that have been together since 2018 when they arrived at the club to play U/19s.

I said they have a young side and they do! A majority of the side is 21 or younger. They have a very tight nit group that have been together since 2018 when they arrived at the club to play U/19s.
They can’t be too tight
If the word from the coach keeps getting out ( loose lips sink ships)
Let’s hope they can turn the season around 🤣🤣 NOT

3 out of 4 missing on Laurimar.

Biggest winner: Only one choice and that is Reservoir who saluted for the first time since 2017 and 2015 since both reserves and seniors won. Full credit to the Mustangs who have stuck fat during a lean period but hopefully this gives them confidence moving forward. Still a long way to go but to a win is a win. Full credit to Reservoir media team for getting both teams singing the club song up on social media as well.
Honourable mention to Laurimar who got up on basically last kick of the day to steal an away win against a very good Kilmore team.

Biggest loser of the weekend, would be easy to say Lalor but going with Mernda who again failed against a team above them. The bigfooty scribes have written about the coaches message after the game. Safe to say Mernda are a long long way of the pace and wins against Reservoir and Lalor are the only ones on the horizon at the moment. Lose against either of these teams then the jungle drums will beat even louder from Waterview.

Just watched the vision from the Kilmore vs Laurimar game what a great last quarter of football. Great win by Laurimar its like earning 8 points playing Kilmore away. Ill make sure ill be there to watch it live next time these two meet. Credit to the two coaches for rolling the dice in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats right my man. Copped an absolute spray. Could hear it from the other side of the ground. Long year for the old demons.

Same thing happened last year after they lost to the Turtles.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back