NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Great fixture. 16 games, 2 byes, play everyone twice…

Easy

Mernda with a tough start vs Turtles, Laurimar and Kinglake.
10571z dont think even NFNL could stuff the fixture up

Definitely a tough start, imagine if they began 0-3 🤣
Pressure would be on big time

They will be up there next year shorly
Matax definitely no guarantee, they were poor last year and time will tell if they have improved their list.

Kinglake coming in will be another side who will look to make finals so makes it tougher for Mernda

Heidelberg West will look to improve.
Fitzroy Stars will be an unknown commodity at start of the season and have lost top 3 from their 2022 best and fairest but have recruited some players.

Kilmore have lost some quality but picked up Schraven from Wallan who is a quality player.

Lauimar have been very quiet but finals experience from this year will make them hungry to return to grand final

The turtles have also seemed to recruited additional depth into their squad.

So definitely no guarantee for Mernda (or any side for that matter)

It's a very ordinary comp we're Kinglake comes from!!
Matax i would underestimate Kinglake at your own peril.
The team they played in the grand final had a number of players who had played at high levels in Eastern footy league.

There will be 6 teams going for 3 spots as I think Laurimar will be a lock and with Reservoir and Lalor still a bit off the pace

It’s not great that’s for sure. Kinglake lost a couple I hear McNamara relocated to Darwin and the Horman brothers have moved to Echuca. Interesting watch that’s for sure.
Rusted nuts looking at PlayHQ
McNamara played 7 games
C Horman 10 games
N Horman 14 games
They kicked 41 goals between them so definitely an area that the Lakers will need to replace.
I have them in that 4-7 range at this stage

Rusted nuts looking at PlayHQ
McNamara played 7 games
C Horman 10 games
N Horman 14 games
They kicked 41 goals between them so definitely an area that the Lakers will need to replace.
I have them in that 4-7 range at this stage
There are some familiar names that played in the GF who I think are former NFNL players. Gilbert Adams Douglas Pywell McAuliffe King. I’m sure they will be very handy.

There are some familiar names that played in the GF who I think are former NFNL players. Gilbert Adams Douglas Pywell McAuliffe King. I’m sure they will be very handy.
Rusted nuts you can add Coen, Langford, McDonald and Fairchild who have all played senior footy in NFNL
Tough ground to play on as well when winter hits.
It’s a bit like the advantage Kilmore have playing at Kilmore.

Hearing good numbers at West pre-season training, I think they will continue to improve on there 10 win season in 2022.

Division 3 I think will be a very competitive division. 1 through 7 will be very competitive and reservoir and Lalor will be trying to improve as well

All MOUs are being reset and needing to be resubmitted to AFL Vic as there are some senior clubs having multiple MOUs with junior clubs. Could we see some changes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve lost their best player in Mazzarella… Delaney who is a good player and heard Bradshaw is gone as well. There will be others I’d imagine.

They improved towards the back end but they’ll struggle to make finals imo
where has Bradshaw gone to?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back