NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Why havent Lalor announced on the Social Pages that Lance is coaching ? Would have thought that this would be a major thing in getting it out there and advertising that he is back.
The current playing crop are not happy with Lance' arrival as he's pretty much made them all feel not wanted so lance is pretty much going to have to bring 24 players minimum to the club. Of which I'm sure they will all rock up for money and be gone within 2 years

Lalor are very active signing players have signed a 6ft 7 ruck that can play, during the week interviewed more players and 2nds coach applicants
all players(12 is the word Bundoora lads being a few ) they have signed since Whitnall came in board have signed for 2 seasons, they must have $$$ , let’s trust for their sake it pays off, but word is .. the old Lalor arrogance is back.
😆 “Lalor arrogance is back”

Post of the year.

The current playing crop are not happy with Lance' arrival as he's pretty much made them all feel not wanted so lance is pretty much going to have to bring 24 players minimum to the club. Of which I'm sure they will all rock up for money and be gone within 2 years
Not too many to upset so not an issue. He wants to start clean slate which is good which sometimes comes at a cost of $$$ and unhappy players. Oh well Lets see what eventuates. I'm intrigued by the Arrogance comment.

Not too many to upset so not an issue. He wants to start clean slate which is good which sometimes comes at a cost of $$$ and unhappy players. Oh well Lets see what eventuates. I'm intrigued by the Arrogance comment.
With potnetially 2 other teams coming into the div and lalor apparebtly having heaps of money. Do you think that means a team like reservoir may fold in the upcoming years?

Not sure what the Lalor arrogance is, since playing in the 2015 Division 2 grand final which they lost to Whittlesea by 3 points they have won 11 games since that day and have lost 101 games.
A winning percentage of 9.8% over 8 years means they are coming from a long long way back

If Lance has wiped the slate clean then he will need to bring 40 new players to the club, and then those players will have to stick, otherwise in 2 years time they will be back to where they are now.

Division 3 has just got stronger as well with Ivanhoe and Old Paradians being added to the competition so it doesn’t get any easier in seeking success

Wont matter thos umpires will bob up again in Div2 Somewhere this weekend
well given there is now going to be 4 field umps id say you are right.
You really couldn't make up the stuff they come up with.
Why on earth would you wait til a DIV 2 Grand Final to trial anything ill never know!
Its beyond ridiculous. Who makes these decisions?
Have Clubs been consulted?
How do they think this will make it better?

Just staggering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A LOT of work to do before that could happen mate as some good clubs to play, but thanks for the support. IF they go to a final 5 and we can sneak into finals in year 1 that would be great.

Chump
I snuck out to a few games this year, to have a look at the league and scope out where we're hopefully going. With due respect to the the two teams I saw on one particular occasion, one of which made a prelim, Ash would have kicked 10 against either of them. He'll be a massive weapon.

I snuck out to a few games this year, to have a look at the league and scope out where we're hopefully going. With due respect to the the two teams I saw on one particular occasion, one of which made a prelim, Ash would have kicked 10 against either of them. He'll be a massive weapon.
Agreed Ash will be a significant challenge in Div 3 for most club but so was Matt Williamson.

How many games will Ash be playing? Doesn’t he have football coaching commitments at TAC level?

Played 9 games this year.

Ivanhoe best 2 players last year were the coach Wayne Schulz who is 40+ & a kid Ethan Wild who couldn’t get a game consistently at Mernda in 2022.

He is getting old now Mappa ..... did a calf and missed 8 games this year. Might need to do a big pre-season :)

Chump.

Close will be a handful, was a gun at Northcote Park - but can't imagine too many bags of 10 (as per previous poster suggestion) unless Ivanhoe recruit very well and have someone to kick it to him.

Quick review of the VAFA site, Ivanhoe bottom of div 1 Ammo's (4th tier), Close's max tally was 5 in that comp in 2023, and only available 9 games when he wasn't coaching kids

they'll be much better than at least 2 sides in div 3 regardless of recruitment.

Close will be a handful, was a gun at Northcote Park - but can't imagine too many bags of 10 (as per previous poster suggestion) unless Ivanhoe recruit very well and have someone to kick it to him.

Quick review of the VAFA site, Ivanhoe bottom of div 1 Ammo's (4th tier), Close's max tally was 5 in that comp in 2023, and only available 9 games when he wasn't coaching kids

they'll be much better than at least 2 sides in div 3 regardless of recruitment.
It's not BigFooty unless the exaggeration is set to maximum ;)

That's a fair assessment NB and we will need to get several new players along with a few of our 2022 list back to be competitive in Div 3 NFNL next year.

Chump

He is getting old now Mappa ..... did a calf and missed 8 games this year. Might need to do a big pre-season :)

Chump.

No issue required in getting a permit if a player plays a $$$ in Tassie before the season starts either?

Having watched Ivanhoe and OP's up close last year, and all things being equal I couldn't see why they won't be in contention come finals time next year.

Laurimar played OP in a practice match for season 2022. Having a look it is very much the same list at OP and the game was a cracker with some very talented players and the club overall was great as they hosted the match.
They will come in very capable of playing some great footy in div 3 nfnl and the youth of the area I feel OP & Ivanhoe will already be better then the bottom half of div 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back