NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Lalor of Reservoir should just merge. It’s been what? 5-6 years and neither side have beaten anyone but themselves.

Lalor’s antics in the reserves for the past 2 years have completely compromised the comp and pissed off a lot of teams. Players have already departed there and signed with other clubs this off season.

Needs to be either 10 teams or 12 teams.
11 teams will be a fixturing nightmare when taking into account byes etc
Tried to get Ai Chat to create a fair and equitable fixture and almost broke the computer with the amount of overthinking that had to be done, simply not possible unless alot of work is done. Some rounds might see 1 team have a bye, other rounds might have multiple?
Eg. R1 - 1 team Bye, R2 3 teams by, R3, 1 team bye, R4 1 team Bye, R5 1 team Bye, R6 1 team bye, R7 1 team bye, R8 1 team bye, R9 1 team Bye and then repeat, there needs to be a round where 3 teams have a bye on the same round to ensure all byes work. Would have to be 16 rounds played again meaning only 5 teams are played twice and assume there would be a top 5.
My apologies if calculations are correct but thats what it seems to look like.

Lalor of Reservoir should just merge. It’s been what? 5-6 years and neither side have beaten anyone but themselves.

Lalor’s antics in the reserves for the past 2 years have completely compromised the comp and pissed off a lot of teams. Players have already departed there and signed with other clubs this off season.
Lamanna is taking a few to Hadfield

If OP and Ivanhoe both come in does the league explore floating the option to Mernda to go up or Epping to survive relegation?
illumineer zero chance of that happening
League will be happy with 10 & 10 in division 1 & 2
Not ideal for division 3 to have 11 teams but there must be some uncertainty around Lalor competing in 2024 even with Lance coaching.
And by moving Mernda up or keeping Epping in Division 2 it just means division 2 have 11 games.
League will want even draws for division 1&2, division 3 will be an uneven competition but the best team will still win the flag.
Pressure moves though to Mernda to try and win 2024 but no guarantee as both Ivanhoe and OP you would think will push for finals. Will Evans come back after broken ankle, will Morrison go around in 2024?
Epping will re-group
Kinglake will be unknown for next few month’s especially with Fairchild leaving and being appointed assistant coach at Whittlesea
Old Eltham will need to recruit to go that extra 2 steps but without juniors it makes it hard
Kilmore will look for it’s youth to continue to develop, was talk of a Whittlesea Captain going there but he has re-signed at the eagles
Fitzroy Stars will look to push for finals in 2024 after consolidation year in 2023 back in division 3
Can Heidelberg West improve, have re-signed a lot of players but haven’t heard if they have re-signed Evans as yet, their most important player
That is why it was so important for both Mernda and Laurimar to win last week
With Laurimar winning, not sure we will see them back in division 3 for a while.

I don't know what would hurt more knowing you lost because of an incorrect call, or knowing you spent a heap over the salary cap and your still no better off. Mernda handed Robert Fletcher the cash needed to win a flag and it still wasn't good enough, should've slipped a $50 to the young lady umpire might have done the trick. Now all we need is a financial audit to top this year off.

When can you purchase the game online, I want to watch the POWER win again.

LAURIMAR 🏆 POWER =1

ROBERT 😭 FLETCHER = 0
Bloke your an old miserable spook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with OP and Ivanhoe coming in I reckon this is going to make it even harder for rest and labor to recruit decent players or enough number to regularly fill the seconds, a red white and two blue jumper would seem a great option would they be the reservoir bloods or labor mustangs ?

with OP and Ivanhoe coming in I reckon this is going to make it even harder for rest and labor to recruit decent players or enough number to regularly fill the seconds, a red white and two blue jumper would seem a great option would they be the reservoir bloods or labor mustangs ?

Keon Park United FC, yeah is sounds soccorish but could work. Use their juniors, ground and have history of both clubs that are either side of Keon Park as their history. Yeah, wear a Red, White and 2 Blue Jumper. Merge all support, supporters, sponsors and start again with a small junior club that could grow and history of both clubs joined.

Key is to involve womens team as well, gets things built.

Or just stay as they are and become dust by mid next year.

Keon Park United FC, yeah is sounds soccorish but could work. Use their juniors, ground and have history of both clubs that are either side of Keon Park as their history. Yeah, wear a Red, White and 2 Blue Jumper. Merge all support, supporters, sponsors and start again with a small junior club that could grow and history of both clubs joined.

Key is to involve womens team as well, gets things built.

Or just stay as they are and become dust by mid next year.
Or here’s an idea just send Lalor to vafa to field a team in the thirds and let reservoir have one last crack.
Watsonia 2011 won 2 games, 2012 won 1 game, the next year for lucky with a batch of uni students and changed their fortunes moving forwards. Look where they are now. Not saying it can happen as easily for Reservoir but I think they have more courage and determination to keep trying compared to Lalor.

Or here’s an idea just send Lalor to vafa to field a team in the thirds and let reservoir have one last crack.
Watsonia 2011 won 2 games, 2012 won 1 game, the next year for lucky with a batch of uni students and changed their fortunes moving forwards. Look where they are now. Not saying it can happen as easily for Reservoir but I think they have more courage and determination to keep trying compared to Lalor.
The main issue now is local footy is in a way different spot to even then. Never been so many well established sides struggling to find 2 sides.

I might be incorrect here but Reservoir fielded seniors and reserves in every game of 2023.
Yeah they lost to everyone bar Lalor but there shouldn’t be calls for them to wind up if they are fielding two sides week to week and are financial with the league.
Unless they have a mass exodus which puts their viability on shaky ground they should remain in 2024.

I understand the spotlight should be on Lalor’s viability when they forfeited the twos for 3-4 games and had instances where over half a dozen doubled up.
That’s alarm bell stuff right there sadly

I might be incorrect here but Reservoir fielded seniors and reserves in every game of 2023.
Yeah they lost to everyone bar Lalor but there shouldn’t be calls for them to wind up if they are fielding two sides week to week and are financial with the league.
Unless they have a mass exodus which puts their viability on shaky ground they should remain in 2024.
I think the most important thing is they've remained stable with their coaching appointments too with George staying on. Great to see from their end and I totally agree with this

Rez and lalor are the two unlucky/lucky sides (however you look at it) that have the two byes the other 5 sides that have the extra bye go through a randomizer at the agm so there's no one accusing biassness and no one can complain (I'm sure they still will) with a 16 round season.
Win % determines the ladder
Or

The 3s comp can play through the random byes the comp has throughout the season, the interleague bye shouldn't affect anyone in the 3s. And have a 18 round season and have one side each team only verses once. (You could have rez and lalor v each other once so that teams can't complain about only getting to verse them once, yes unfair on them but it is what it is.)
Win % determines the ladder.

What about if OP hit the ground running, become a bit of a force. Does anyone think they could become a threat to Bundoora’s stability down the track? Only a Jeff Fehring torpedo away and possibly a bit more of a scope for growth.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back