NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Nipper will offer more off-field than on it I would imagine at this stage in his career. Will still be a very handy inclusion, but those numbers seem well overs.

No idea but for the money they are throwing around I wouldn’t be surprised if they land a couple. Heard they made a $1500 offer to a ruckman.

I didn’t believe what Nipper was paid until I spoke with an absolute 100% reliable source. 1k a game and a 5k sign on. Even Nipper couldn’t believe they were going to pay for a back pocket.
Geez, if those numbers are right, must of come from someone high up or nipper himself. If the numbers are right & come from someone up the tree they should sack that person for speaking out loud.

Lalor start with a past Eltham reserves Premiership player and North Heidelburg reserves B&F (and brother to Liam) Haydon Hunt announced as signed.

Can play footy, at Eltham played a bit of seniors, great bloke as well. Let's hope they have another 30 signings coming though.

Looking on the announcement post the coach was happy with the signing so no signs of any issues he has with a bowls club one would think.

Lalor start with a past Eltham reserves Premiership player and North Heidelburg reserves B&F (and brother to Liam) Haydon Hunt announced as signed.

Can play footy, at Eltham played a bit of seniors, great bloke as well. Let's hope they have another 30 signings coming though.

Looking on the announcement post the coach was happy with the signing so no signs of any issues he has with a bowls club one would think.
Apparently shopping himself around this season to be a bully in the lower grades

Nipper will offer more off-field than on it I would imagine at this stage in his career. Will still be a very handy inclusion, but those numbers seem well overs.
Those numbers are pretty much right. You are right though he is a pretty good general on field and the slower pace of divvy three will be good for him…but no way would he be playing midfield.Back Pockets the next big thing in local footy.

From what I am hearing Lance is really keen to bring in "good blokes" that can play. Wants to help create a new culture to the club.

This is actually a really really really good pick up. Very popular player from north and eltham so could have some mates he's bringing with him

The troops are arriving at Lalor. Past players who want to see the club turn around.
Great for the league and Div 3, that is looking to be a cracking division next season. No one wants to see 2 teams down the bottom being flogged each week like they were this season. Hope the recruits keep coming.

Gotta be one of the toughest jobs in suburban football. Good luck to him. Resume looks good hope he gets the players to get the job done.

Welcome to Lalor WAYNE FAURE!!!

Lalor is happy to announce Wayne Faure as the reserves coach for the 2024 season. He has been involved in footy since 1983 & brings an enormous amount of knowledge with him. He has played in successful teams & has coached at 1st division level. Wayne has coached continually since 2001 in the NFNL & EDFL. Despite other offers, Wayne decided to make Lalor his new home. He is excited for the challenge & wants to help bring the club back to the power club he remembers.

Stay tuned, more to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk about Lalor. How is Reservoir shaping up? Could be an absolute disaster for them if Lalor happen to recruit some decent players. Not sure how you can keep backing up year after year losing by 100+ every week.

Hearing an ex Bundoora 2's player that has won multiple flags, that only just transferred across to Craigieburn this year is on the move again and is heading over to Mernda.

Any truth in it?

SWOOPINGTIME

Gone of the days were Division 3 footy was paddock footy, credit to all the clubs putting respectable lists together.

SWOOPINGTIME
Been a considerable change in the standard (at least from the lower end of the comp) in the last 10 years. Salary cap and points restrictions have probably stagnated the top flight a bit.

Mernda
Turtles
Old Paradians *Pending Grimley & Posar signings
West Heid
Stars
Ivanhoe
Kilmore
Epping
Kinglake
Lalor
Reservoir
Having seen first hand what Ivanhoe were capable of in 2022, and with those players back (and the introduction of a few premiership Tigers), I can see them being higher than what’s predicted here.

Having seen first hand what Ivanhoe were capable of in 2022, and with those players back (and the introduction of a few premiership Tigers), I can see them being higher than what’s predicted here.
Who’s back from the flag?

Blackmore moore is at Banyule

Selwood won’t be playing

Heard Close has a new coaching gig which will severely limit his playing opportunities.

They’ll go alright and could easily push finals but some important cogs from that premiership side won’t be there

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back