NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would you bother writing that pile of s**t?
I played against Fletcher and I hated him as a player cos who used to mouth off all game.I don’t know him but I had a grudging respect for him because I never saw him shirk anything and he used to put his head over the ball without flinching even though every opposition player wanted to knock his head off

Wonder if we could see a new finals venue.

Whittlsea is a shocker. Ground was not up to standard last season. No shelter, barely any raised viewing, atmosphere nil

I went and watch a junior final at diamond creek and was a much better experience.
Unfortunately don't really see it being too much of an option. I think the league will probably more than ever see Whittlesea as a centralised option for Div 3 particularly with Kinglake coming in now, and I think most of it also comes down to the league's desire to not have any cars in the venue, of which Whittlesea is a venue they always keep in mind.

Second point is something that's not really a thing I agree with tbh from the league, I think in non-grand final games the lack of atmosphere is pretty telling with no cars around the place, given the wide expanses of all the finals grounds.

Unfortunately don't really see it being too much of an option. I think the league will probably more than ever see Whittlesea as a centralised option for Div 3 particularly with Kinglake coming in now, and I think most of it also comes down to the league's desire to not have any cars in the venue, of which Whittlesea is a venue they always keep in mind.

Second point is something that's not really a thing I agree with tbh from the league, I think in non-grand final games the lack of atmosphere is pretty telling with no cars around the place, given the wide expanses of all the finals grounds.
Yep its really a pipe dream for them to move it. Whittlesea does tick a lot of boxes.

Be nice to see the council tip in some money and spruce the joint up a bit. The seating is delipidated for starters.

Yep its really a pipe dream for them to move it. Whittlesea does tick a lot of boxes.

Be nice to see the council tip in some money and spruce the joint up a bit. The seating is delipidated for starters.
Not council owned, crown land managed by a volunteer committee and overseen by DELWP

Not council owned, crown land managed by a volunteer committee and overseen by DELWP
Councils can and occasionally do put funds into these grounds, but from experience (in a different council) they are last on the list of grounds to get funding From the local council.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HELLSBELLS thanks mate.
I hope he goes well and good on him to go and test himself in Division 1, it could have been easy for him to stay at Kilmore but great to see him want to play a higher level of footy
Undoubtedly he will go well. He was training sporadically over the last 12 months and still dominated Div 3. A VFL preseason behind him and some opportunity and he will acquit himself well and adapt to the standard. Jax Kinnear another big loss for Kilmore but retaining Egan is an excellent result. His brother becoming president might have caused his backflip to stay. Another young fella that should test himself at a higher standard.

Kilmore have plenty of youth and Desi is the the coach who will give them opportunity. With quite a few older guys such as Irons, Webb, McColluch, McIntyre and Barton all well over 30 in the next 12 months or so they have a great coach to transition the squad. Well operated club.

Undoubtedly he will go well. He was training sporadically over the last 12 months and still dominated Div 3. A VFL preseason behind him and some opportunity and he will acquit himself well and adapt to the standard. Jax Kinnear another big loss for Kilmore but retaining Egan is an excellent result. His brother becoming president might have caused his backflip to stay. Another young fella that should test himself at a higher standard.

Kilmore have plenty of youth and Desi is the the coach who will give them opportunity. With quite a few older guys such as Irons, Webb, McColluch, McIntyre and Barton all well over 30 in the next 12 months or so they have a great coach to transition the squad. Well operated club.

Brother will play till he’s 50 the way he’s going lol

I think maybe this is a touch narcissistic from myself, and perhaps not the league's fault but SportsTG's, but it's disappointing that the league advertises that 2023 player transfers are now on the website, you go in... and all of 2022's transfers are still up.

Not like they've had months to clean it up or anything

I think maybe this is a touch narcissistic from myself, and perhaps not the league's fault but SportsTG's, but it's disappointing that the league advertises that 2023 player transfers are now on the website, you go in... and all of 2022's transfers are still up.

Not like they've had months to clean it up or anything
EFNL managed to get theirs working.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back