NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Its December, 98% of recruitment is done.

Any half decent coach is committed not still looking for a job.
Any half decent coach is too smart to sign at a club like reservoir anyway, it’s an impossible job and a reputation ruiner.

Your all a bunch of losers. Fancy sitting there during a work day and worrying about a division 3 fixture, and who plays who. If your good enough it shouldn’t matter who and when you play.

I’d love to Know how many games of footy you judgemental division 3 experts have played? Because you are quick to comment on any announcement that’s made. “He will play twos” w***ers, get a life. I’m tipping that your all ex *******s who were bullied at school.

Shane Harvey to Kinglake. D3 will be fantastic viewing this year.

Great for Kinglake and great for the competition that a player of the status of Shane Harvey will continue to play on.
Division 3 will be the super competitive and any of 9 teams will be able to make finals. Going to be hard to do pre-season ladder predictions that’s for sure

Surely Kinglake now make the top 5 - finished H&A in Third last year and have just added another 40+ goals you would expect. Great signing for them as he is a quality player for this level still.

Chump

Surely Kinglake now make the top 5 - finished H&A in Third last year and have just added another 40+ goals you would expect. Great signing for them as he is a quality player for this level still.

Chump
I reckon it'll be a lot more than 40 goals! I'm excited to see how he goes against the better young defenders in the comp

If he plays 14 of the 16 games in the H & A season - what does the 2024 version of S Harvey kick?

Chump
I think as 10571z said he'll kick plenty against Lalor and Reservoir. I think he'll also get plenty of chances at home since they play so well there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your all a bunch of losers. Fancy sitting there during a work day and worrying about a division 3 fixture, and who plays who. If your good enough it shouldn’t matter who and when you play.

I’d love to Know how many games of footy you judgemental division 3 experts have played? Because you are quick to comment on any announcement that’s made. “He will play twos” w***ers, get a life. I’m tipping that your all ex *******s who were bullied at school.
Quality unhinged rant over nothing.

Shane Harvey gone behind merndas back and signed with Kinglake, great pick up AGAIN by a D3 club genuinely real exciting times for the comp.

HS Article

Shane Harvey backflips on retirement, signs with Kinglake for 2024​

The Northern league’s all-time leading-goalkicking Shane Harvey will put his retirement on the backburner and suit up for Kinglake in 2024.

The Northern league’s greatest goalkicker is back.
Shane Harvey has put his retirement on the backburner after signing with NFNL Division 3 contender Kinglake for 2024.

The legendary forward announced his retirement mid-season before delivering one last extraordinary display for North Heidelberg.

Harvey kicked 1053 goals in 235 games for the Bulldogs, winning two premierships, a Rosbrook Medal, seven league goalkicking awards, five club best-and-fairests, two Coaches’ MVPs, a grand final medal and 11 Team of Year honours.

He made a brief appearance for Outer East club Olinda Ferny Creek later in the season, kicking 21 goals in six games – including two bags of seven.

He’ll join 2014 North Heidelberg premiership teammates, new Kinglake coach David Florance and Leigh Gilbert, at Memorial Oval.

Harvey joins a stunning influx of talent into the competition.

The likes of Brent Macaffer (Old Eltham Collegians), Sam Gilmore (Old Paradians), Brent Marshall (Mernda) and Neville Jetta (Fitzroy Stars) will play in the NFNL’s third tier.

Florance said securing the likes of Harvey would create excitement around the club and potentially pull in more recruits.

“The list is very exciting, it’s a good mixture of older, more experienced players who have played a high standard of football and some younger kids coming through,” he said.

“It’s a good mix of experience and talent as well as some younger players coming through that will bolster the club moving forward.

“Hopefully that will create some excitement and buzz around the club which will get some others that were umming and ahhing to bite the bullet and drag a few others through the door.

“Last year was pretty tight at the top so it’s going to be an exciting year with some big names coming into the competition.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back