NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It's crazy to me that they wouldn't put it on La Trobe. It's literally smack bang in the middle for all the Div 3 clubs in the finals
Won't happen at Latrobe, when the league signed their 20yr lease to house their HQ there, they failed to negotiate the the ground for finals, and it is more expensive to host finals at Latrobe than the other venues they use. The amateurs running the joint thought they'd just get the oval.

Won't happen at Latrobe, when the league signed their 20yr lease to house their HQ there, they failed to negotiate the the ground for finals, and it is more expensive to host finals at Latrobe than the other venues they use. The amateurs running the joint thought they'd just get the oval.
Intriguing. Does explain a lot more no doubt.

Best surface of any ground north of the Yarra. I acknowledge you can only watch the game from one side of the ground, but it would be a great option.

As other posters have said, unfortunately already been ruled out.
Latrobe would charge a lot to use it and probably wouldn’t agree to the beer sales either.

End of the day the league makes money the rego fees stay lower for all clubs so it needs to be as profitable as possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the outs decimating Ivanhoe each week I’m surprised they have managed to field a team each week.
I nearly got the call up Rusted .........but the coaches said they would rather forfeit if it came to that.

Seriously though, I think it was 7 or 8 changes this week in the ones from our last game v West H, so that's a few. I believe a few back from O/S and available next week (and remainder of year), so fingers crossed we can hold on and squeezed into a final 5 that looks jammed up right now.

Best surface of any ground north of the Yarra. I acknowledge you can only watch the game from one side of the ground, but it would be a great option.

As other posters have said, unfortunately already been ruled out.
If you talking about the best surface of any ground north of the Yarra, you must only be talking about metro ovals. Kilmore’s JJ Clancy reserve is exclusively a football oval with no turf or concrete pitch. It is well drained and a beautiful, expansive oval to play football on. The new club rooms can seat scores of people to watch the game in air conditioned comfort or in the cars around the ground (not that that the league would ever allow that for finals). The ground is fenced and has a modern large screen scoreboard with animations. Junior finals are played here, but unfortunately due to distance I can’t see the love for senior finals, although it is a vastly superior venue and surface to Whittlesea.

If you talking about the best surface of any ground north of the Yarra, you must only be talking about metro ovals. Kilmore’s JJ Clancy reserve is exclusively a football oval with no turf or concrete pitch. It is well drained and a beautiful, expansive oval to play football on. The new club rooms can seat scores of people to watch the game in air conditioned comfort or in the cars around the ground (not that that the league would ever allow that for finals). The ground is fenced and has a modern large screen scoreboard with animations. Junior finals are played here, but unfortunately due to distance I can’t see the love for senior finals, although it is a vastly superior venue and surface to Whittlesea.
Great surface. However it’s on a slope and too far away for supporters and neutral watchers.

It's crazy to me that they wouldn't put it on La Trobe. It's literally smack bang in the middle for all the Div 3 clubs in the finals
it would cost them $$ to use Latrobe! so they get clubs to host, charge them and if the surface is no good, blame the clubs.

Are the wheels falling off Mernda? What was the stars ground like? 3 goals for the game..
Big game at Mernda v Kilmore next week that's for sure!

Ivanhoe at home again to a resurgent Kinglake.

Pingers v West should be a big game also with a few due back for the Blowies

Turtles with the bye.

Great, even season with Stars and OP's out in front for everyone else to catch.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back