NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If you’re a ratepayer you should get in for free…
The local council must be making a killing off all the parking tickets being handed out in the vicinity of Sydney Crescent, I wonder if the NFNL are getting a percentage? My son who played last weekend came back to his car after the game to find he had a ticket for the heinous offence of parking too close to unbroken double lines whatever that means.

The local council must be making a killing off all the parking tickets being handed out in the vicinity of Sydney Crescent, I wonder if the NFNL are getting a percentage? My son who played last weekend came back to his car after the game to find he had a ticket for the heinous offence of parking too close to unbroken double lines whatever that means.
well wait until GF day. same thing will happen around the Preston market car park and surrounding streets.
revenue bonanza a mate got pinged last year for parking at opposite end to the market in the side street.

I was thinking the same thing when the final siren sounded today…”gee whiz. How good were the NFNL when they kept Mernda to zero goals in the first quarter with the wind”…and “the NFNL were so good today when they kicked 10 goals to 1 in the second quarter”.
Flog

How much has the draw helped Parade peak at the right time?

Their lead into finals was Reservior, Lalor, Bye, Dead Rubber. Gilmore was able to recover properly and I’m sure any other player carrying a niggle was given the same rest

Other teams like Mernda, Old Eltham and Epping were in a position they had to win games or fear missing out.

Not taking away anything from Parade, they have been fantastic but it does make a difference to have a month to get players cherry ripe.
Again, nfnl poster child getting a sweet pass.
Still an agenda at nfnl

Who’s everyone liking for the flag?

I’m leaning towards Parade. I don’t think they let Farrant kick 8 again and will learn from that game.

No result will surprise me though.
A dry day with bugger all wind Stars all the way, but if last weekend replicates itself Paradians will get it done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A dry day with bugger all wind Stars all the way, but if last weekend replicates itself Paradians will get it done
Weather could be a factor, but Fitzroy is well coached and will be hard to beat. OP had it on their own terms last week as the OP coach out coached Fletcher and set his side up for a successful day at the office. Mernda had no answers a bit like last years grand final when they had it in the bag till they got stage fright, Fletcher had a chance but didn't make a move to stop the bleeding. The Mernda football club will be in Divison 3 for years to come. Mass exodus for 2025

Last edited:
Mernda having a dip at Matthew Dennis. Is Morrison/Coffey moving on?

Heard a few young fellas could be on the move from Mernda.
Are they wanting to just win a premiership or build a list that can compete in Div 2? Getting more old guys in that will likely leave once they win. Is that the way to go?
I mean Dennis is a star and any club would have him. But he would command a lot of money and that would probably be it for recruiting. Unless someone like Marshall doesn’t go around again.

Are they wanting to just win a premiership or build a list that can compete in Div 2? Getting more old guys in that will likely leave once they win. Is that the way to go?
I mean Dennis is a star and any club would have him. But he would command a lot of money and that would probably be it for recruiting. Unless someone like Marshall doesn’t go around again.
He will cost a bomb. He is on a fortune at EK. Salary cap will be ignored that's for sure.

Mernda in the off season obviously tried to bolster their list especially their mid field .

Keating - Ended up in the reserves
Nipper - Injured and even then didn't dominate. Not a midfielder.
Keseci - End up in the reserves.
Mazeralla - Fantastic player improved their midfield

3/4 were arguably misses. I know Nipper still went ok and added some off field. But for the money they paid him...

He will cost a bomb. He is on a fortune at EK. Salary cap will be ignored that's for sure.

Mernda in the off season obviously tried to bolster their list especially their mid field .

Keating - Ended up in the reserves
Nipper - Injured and even then didn't dominate. Not a midfielder.
Keseci - End up in the reserves.
Mazeralla - Fantastic player improved their midfield

3/4 were arguably misses. I know Nipper still went ok and added some off field. But for the money they paid him...

Recruiting once again proved that they are best suited to backing and developing youth. Real strong growth last year on the back of young kids stepping up. Spend your money on development of the kids and get genuine coaches in there and not on washed up veterans putting there hand out!

Football gods have given us a fantastic day.

Neither team would surprise me but im tipping Parade by 23 points.

I think they'll learn some valuable lessons after the last time they played them a fortnight ago.

Kerr, Desmond didn't play against the the Stars last time and they lost by 1 goal. Farrant kicked 8. I think Ben Turner is a great coach and will have a much better plan to stop that this time.

2 best teams all year and 2 great clubs one will be incredibly unlucky but that's football.

Football gods have given us a fantastic day.

Neither team would surprise me but im tipping Parade by 23 points.

I think they'll learn some valuable lessons after the last time they played them a fortnight ago.

Kerr, Desmond didn't play against the the Stars last time and they lost by 1 goal. Farrant kicked 8. I think Ben Turner is a great coach and will have a much better plan to stop that this time.

2 best teams all year and 2 great clubs one will be incredibly unlucky but that's football.
Stars haven't lost since the start of June and were 8 goals up in the last quarter 2 weeks ago.

They would be spewing if they lost today.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back