Nicholas Naitanui

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to the game against Richmond and left that with a good feeling after watching Nic. But tonight I dont think I could have been more pumped...I was shouting yelling smileing. He just has something and I can honestly say I was not this pumped when I saw Judd (Not saying Nic better than Judd, but more exciting than Franklin yes).

Anyway great win and great to See Nic, now I dont feel so bad for passing up Rich anymore.

Thought that things didn't quite go his way at times in the 1st 3 quarters, but that last quarter was just wow.

Turned the game on its head.

Still don't know how you can run away from a player whilst trying to recover a ****ed up bounce, let alone doing it when you are 2 metres tall.

Thought that things didn't quite go his way at times in the 1st 3 quarters, but that last quarter was just wow.

Turned the game on its head.

Still don't know how you can run away from a player whilst trying to recover a ****ed up bounce, let alone doing it when you are 2 metres tall.

And on an extremely slippery surface.

I dinstinctly remember Caffeinated Mop (is this poster still around? really enjoyed this poster) strongly advocating Naitanui in a Rich/Naita pre-draft debate

He said NN did the exact same thing last year for Swans a couple of times. Nothing for the whole game, then a few big plays when the game is on the line.

I was at the game and I have never seen anything like that. A second gamer thats the match winner. Amazing.

How appropriate that he wears the number 9 :p

I dinstinctly remember Caffeinated Mop (is this poster still around? really enjoyed this poster) strongly advocating Naitanui in a Rich/Naita pre-draft debate

He said NN did the exact same thing last year for Swans a couple of times. Nothing for the whole game, then a few big plays when the game is on the line.
Still around.

Posts as 'Mop' now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh thanks for pointing that out Quinz. Sorry Mop, seldom visit these boards these days. You must have seen something some didn't.

I feel like I'm going to become one of those fanboys that I detest so much. There's just nothing to dislike about this guy... yet.

Ahh thanks for pointing that out Quinz. Sorry Mop, seldom visit these boards these days. You must have seen something some didn't.

I feel like I'm going to become one of those fanboys that I detest so much. There's just nothing to dislike about this guy... yet.

I think after watching much of his WAFL footy last year, many people had changed their minds. Definitely the choice over Rich by the end of the year.

It's no fluke. He did it the week before his debut.

For sure. Very impressive. To score 4.2 as well as get 21 hitouts in the ruck, is a massive performance. That goal in the Guildford end in the pocket was right in front of me and it was unbelievable. But perhaps the most promising aspect is his few marks that lead to set shots at FF involved some good body work. Considering he has barely played FF before other then the odd pinch hitting, he did very well.

It was very similar to his first tonight - in my opinion better.

He raced his opponent to the ball on the boundary 40m out, got there an instant quicker and slammed the ball between his and his opponents legs down the line towards goal, turns on a dime, turns on the jets, scoops up, run, bounce, dummy handball and checksides goal.

It's no fluke. He did it the week before his debut.

It was very similar to his first tonight - in my opinion better.

He raced his opponent to the ball on the boundary 40m out, got there an instant quicker and slammed the ball between his and his opponents legs down the line towards goal, turns on a dime, turns on the jets, scoops up, run, bounce, dummy handball and checksides goal.

Yep, was like when he tore Souths apart, the week before his debut, as you say.

Thank goodness we didn't lose him to the eastern states, eh Underdog? At least we can still watch him every week! :thumbsu:

Thank goodness we didn't lose him to the eastern states, eh Underdog? At least we can still watch him every week! :thumbsu:
For sure :)

I'm glad he's qualified for finals at Swans ;)

We won't see too much more of him in the black and white...

To be honest, he's exceeded my expectations so far with the Eagles so I couldn't be happier

For sure :)

I'm glad he's qualified for finals at Swans ;)

We won't see too much more of him in the black and white...

Don't depress me now :D, I've still got a smile on my face from that 10 minutes of mayhem!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicholas Naitanui

Remove this Banner Ad

Back