Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, we all love Nick and want him to be a superstar, but it's not blindingly obvious to say that Nick Daicos will be a Top 10 player in the league next year.

That means he wins our best and fairest comfortably, in all likelihood, and is that what we all have money on?
Seriously, top 10 in the league is laughable.

Top 30-40 maybe at best next year.

Yeah I'll be happy if he just shows improvement next year and more games playing mid /fwd.

Top 10 in comp needs not only the said talent to be something rarely seen but typically gameplan that helps accommodate it. ie the WC mids main focus was to block and open paths for Judd accentuating his "burst" into space.
This went on until he left and cast your minds back to 2004 Acker calling them out on it.

I think it makes sense, I think Presti feels the respect of that tradition now, I think he'd happily leave it with Nick.
90% sure that Eddie invoked that “tradition” in order to keep the 35 available to one of the Daicos boys if they wanted it, tbh.
99% sure Nick will spend his whole career wearing it.

90% sure that Eddie invoked that “tradition” in order to keep the 35 available to one of the Daicos boys if they wanted it, tbh.
99% sure Nick will spend his whole career wearing it.

Exactly right. I've got no doubt Eddie architected it purely to keep it short term in case a Daicos wanted it. The honouring of Presti for pulling out because he was injured just isn't an event worth honouring in such a profound way.

Only time JHF will be seeing the prison bars is when he visits his old man

Maybe his trade request home makes a little bit more sense now.

Hope he looks after his mother well. I think I was wrong about him.

Edit: Googled Fabian Francis and a fox sports article had todays date on a 10 year old article....

JHF still a flog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was offered to Josh and he declined. Nick has indicated he wants it. 100% his I think.
If he didn’t want it I’d respect that but I really believe he should, Daicos and 35 is something I grew up with and makes sense to me.

I think Josh was right to say no and turned into a serious player in his own right, which was what he wanted, more of a slower burn than Nick.

My favourite piece of play was with him winning possession on the wing and casually passing right across the ground to the opposite half forward flank to Josh who didn't even have to break stride.
Yep mine too - I reckon about 3-4 players in the league could do that. The composure, vision and skill are extraordinary

If he didn’t want it I’d respect that but I really believe he should, Daicos and 35 is something I grew up with and makes sense to me.

I think Josh was right to say no and turned into a serious player in his own right, which was what he wanted, more of a slower burn than Nick.

If he didn't want it, I doubt he'd have worn it this year.

I thought it was given to the first drafted, Nick was drafted first so was almost obliged you’d think.

Relatively recent phenomenon (2011) but I doubt it would matter. If he’d indicated he didn’t want it, he wouldn’t have been made to wear it imho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back