AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the club at least give us something? At least come out and say we have a plan?

Losing players is normal, I get that, but when we get essentially very little in return for them, then also not a word out of the club about whose recommitting or something along those lines, that is what pisses me off. Just seems we have no plan.

Could the club at least give us something? At least come out and say we have a plan?

Losing players is normal, I get that, but when we get essentially very little in return for them, then also not a word out of the club about whose recommitting or something along those lines, that is what pisses me off. Just seems we have no plan.
yeah would have been nice to at least get players traded in, the only player we have ever traded in is grace campbell

rennie we go through the draft also

There was an article saying we were keen on wardlaw from the lions that would have helped balance the outs

In 2020 her disposal efficiency was one of the best at the club, but because she only played 4 games his hard to say whether she is elite like Wright or poor like Gavalas.
Gavalas is a better distributor of the ball than either of them, because who (other than Champion Data) doesn't know that disposal efficiency is a bullshit stat, especially in AFLW and especially while comparing players in totally different positions: some are consistently getting the footy under heavy pressure while trying to produce crucial handball chains ("poor" DE), but others get it in the open and just bomb it long up the line to a contest ("elite" DE).

Bateman and Gilroy are guns. What are we doing?
"We" are grossly misusing the term guns, is what.

We are a middle of the road team with a brilliant top end - all of whom we have kept - so the changes are disappointing but not shattering. Love the girls but also excited to see some changes next season, maybe more nice surprises like Brooke Brown and Bella Eddy coming up to support Riddell, Garner, Kearney, Bruton and the Kings.

So what picks do we have now?

From what I can tell it's 28, 51, 52, 55, 72 & 90 but I'm sure I've missed some.
Seeing as no one would/could answer my question, I will answer it myself.:)

North Melbourne: 28, 39, 51, 52, 55, 90, 92

Indicative draft order: Your club's picks after the Sign and Trade Period

Also, here is all the list changes.

North Melbourne: Jess Duffin (Hawthorn), Daria Bannister (Essendon), Aileen Gilroy (Hawthorn), Lexi Hamilton (Sydney), Kaitlyn Ashmore (Hawthorn), Daisy Bateman (Western Bulldogs)

List changes

I've included Ashmore and Bateman to the list because those updating the AFLW website didn't include todays changes in their update article.

Bateman hardly troubled the stat sheet and goals were down as well - looked very slow.
With the amount of ball that hit the ground in F50 - she should of have a bday.
Ashmore at her best is pretty good and will be missed if she can reach that level again. But going to the dawks she’ll be under more pressure to perform.

Bateman hardly troubled the stat sheet and goals were down as well - looked very slow.
With the amount of ball that hit the ground in F50 - she should of have a bday.
Ashmore at her best is pretty good and will be missed if she can reach that level again. But going to the dawks she’ll be under more pressure to perform.
Bottom line is we lost players who played games in our best team for poor draft picks

Not ideal

Yes none of them are superstars but it doesn’t help the overall squad strength

Last edited:
Didn't think Daisy had a great season and at times looked almost as slow as Duffin. It's sad to see her go, but I think Ashmore is a bigger loss.

Gilroy defection to the Hawks hurts, I think she was played out of position last season and felt she couldn't play to her strengths. The Hawks may give her that opportunity.

I agree that Daisy had a disappointing season measured against her previous output. She wanted a fresh start and presumably more opportunities to play further up the ground and the club was happy to let her explore her options. Losing Daria hurts us far more than Daisy.

Gee, getting rid of Gowans for Crocker is continuing to pay dividends. In a club that produces an eternal and never ending fountain of sh!t decisions, this comes second only to the promotion of Cam Joyces.

Gee, getting rid of Gowans for Crocker is continuing to pay dividends. In a club that produces an eternal and never ending fountain of sh!t decisions, this comes second only to the promotion of Cam Joyces.
I was very very anti the decision to get rid of Gowans, but this is a weird position to take today. This is the first time we’ve seen player departures since that decision, we haven’t lost anyone critical, and not a single player has gone to a club where Gowans is or has been coaching.

Eventhough we are getting low picks for our top players isn't it onlt because the new clubs will get all the top picks first pushing the other picks down the order... Is this right or wrong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was very very anti the decision to get rid of Gowans, but this is a weird position to take today. This is the first time we’ve seen player departures since that decision, we haven’t lost anyone critical, and not a single player has gone to a club where Gowans is or has been coaching.
Just because it didn’t happen year 1 doesn’t make it untrue. The majority of players have performed worse individually and as a team under Crocker. We’ve gone from premiership contenders to bog average and it’s not surprising that those players whose form has suffered would be frustrated by being unable to perform at their best. I doubt as many would be leaving if they and the team were playing well and competing for a premiership. No competitor wants to play for a coach who makes them worse.

Just because it didn’t happen year 1 doesn’t make it untrue. The majority of players have performed worse individually and as a team under Crocker. We’ve gone from premiership contenders to bog average and it’s not surprising that those players whose form has suffered would be frustrated by being unable to perform at their best. I doubt as many would be leaving if they and the team were playing well and competing for a premiership. No competitor wants to play for a coach who makes them worse.
You are full of shit.

Riddell has skyrocketed under Crocker. Garner and Kearney clearly still top players in the league, Bruton still one of the best supporting acts. Mia King and Tahlia Randall are way better now than in 2020. Gavalas and Bresnehan have shown solid development. Ashmore finished top 5 in the club B&F last year, first time for her (never achieved under Starcevich or Gowans), Gilroy has been top 10 every year. Bannister was a non-factor pre-Crocker. And although Eddey and Brown joined after Gowans left, nobody could complain about the improvement they've shown.

Meanwhile Emma King went backwards under Gowans (went from averaging 18 hitouts and 1.1 goals to <10 hitouts and 0.6 goals). Stanton and Drennan left, went on to play better at other clubs. And we delisted our leading goalkicker after the first season, for the same reasons that Ashmore and Bateman have been let go.

You are full of shit.

Riddell has skyrocketed under Crocker. Garner and Kearney clearly still top players in the league, Bruton still one of the best supporting acts. Mia King and Tahlia Randall are way better now than in 2020. Gavalas and Bresnehan have shown solid development. Ashmore finished top 5 in the club B&F last year, first time for her (never achieved under Starcevich or Gowans), Gilroy has been top 10 every year. Bannister was a non-factor pre-Crocker. And although Eddey and Brown joined after Gowans left, nobody could complain about the improvement they've shown.

Meanwhile Emma King went backwards under Gowans (went from averaging 18 hitouts and 1.1 goals to <10 hitouts and 0.6 goals). Stanton and Drennan left, went on to play better at other clubs. And we delisted our leading goalkicker after the first season, for the same reasons that Ashmore and Bateman have been let go.
Who was the leading goal kicker? Ive forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back