AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that Ashmore went from being the womens team pin up girl, with her face across the Puma jumper launch and being one of the most marketable players to now being traded for f*** all months later and now a disgruntled brother chooses to hang shit on the club on a social media post.

Clearly a falling out has occurred. So what happened that Ashmore felt like she was no longer supported by the club? Cash?

I find it interesting that Ashmore went from being the womens team pin up girl, with her face across the Puma jumper launch and being one of the most marketable players to now being traded for f*** all months later and now a disgruntled brother chooses to hang shit on the club on a social media post.

Clearly a falling out has occurred. So what happened that Ashmore felt like she was no longer supported by the club? Cash?
Yeah I’m very curious as to this

I felt like we supported her and like you mentioned she was the most promoted of our players

Unless maybe she was wanting a 2 year deal and we only offered 1. But I wouldn’t say that’s not supporting her so who knows

Yeah I’m very curious as to this

I felt like we supported her and like you mentioned she was the most promoted of our players

Unless maybe she was wanting a 2 year deal and we only offered 1. But I wouldn’t say that’s not supporting her so who knows
Gotta be contract related. Just feels like she did a lot of the promotional work for the club and was a key image of the womens team and when it came to re-signing her, the club seemed world aparts.
I hope it’s that because the brother trashing the club on social media is shithouse.
Weak shit

Which of the established players are the ones on the new tier 1 contract PayScale?
Ashmore is one of the marquee players at the club.
Did we shaft her and not move her upto tier 1 therefore still making her work part time while she plays?
Sounds like it..

Which of the established players are the ones on the new tier 1 contract PayScale?
Ashmore is one of the marquee players at the club.
Did we shaft her and not move her upto tier 1 therefore still making her work part time while she plays?
Sounds like it..
I was thinking if this was the issue. Hawks had the ability to put her into tier 1 and we may have had others in mind

I was thinking if this was the issue. Hawks had the ability to put her into tier 1 and we may have had others in mind
Yeah but if it’s that I wouldn’t call it not supporting her, that would just be her chasing top dollar

We have players like riddell and garner who are clearly going to be taking that tier

The blame should be laid fairly and squarely at the feet of the player sponsors. Gilroy and Kashie gone. Have a good hard look at ourselves people!! 😉
I chatted with three players at the B&F. So ****ing relieved I didn't drive Ash away with the other two.

Lost to Melbourne, and scraped past 7th-ranked Collingwood in finals. Didn't play the two in-form teams of the comp by season's end, though nobody wants to admit it: Wouldn't have got past Carlton in the prelim, would've been steamrolled by Fremantle in the grand final.

It's an alternate history "what if" that we will never have an answer to. I thought we were certainties for the flag, if not at least the grand final but that elimination final performance was unconvincing to say the least. Regardless, the AFL screwed the pooch and should have just scheduled a final between the top two sides and stiff shit to everyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont forget Gilroy was going to be part of a clinic with Goldy either..

It sucks seeing some of our more 'notable' names go. But I don't think the losses are going to hurt as much as they may have a year or two ago.

The way that the contract money is structured in AFLW and the newness of it all is going to promote moving to where you can get the best deal.

Theres no real reason to buy in to culture and plan when how low the pay is could literally be the difference between an okay lifestyle (~70k) or working a part/full time job as well as playing (~20k).
Even then the payment increase is only guaranteed for one year.

I think once the AFLW goes fully professional and the pay is better than part-time work, we will see less movement.

It's an alternate history "what if" that we will never have an answer to. I thought we were certainties for the flag, if not at least the grand final but that elimination final performance was unconvincing to say the least. Regardless, the AFL screwed the pooch and should have just scheduled a final between the top two sides and stiff shit to everyone else.
We didn’t have the benefit of playing a crap interstate team at home like the Blues did. You are deadset kidding yourself if you think the Blues were better than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back