Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Elliott (son of Matthew) 7/12 v TAS in a 50 over match.
Thank U GIF

Dunno - I'm just hoping it will rain.
They belt a world record score, rain comes down and we knock 'em off under Duckwork/Lewis/Whatever with one ball to spare.

And then sit back and watch 'em post about Aussie cheats while they suck on their junior mints and empty the sand and bottle caps out of their pants pockets. And as the game is over, they can put all of the old used balls back in the umpire's box as well.

They belt a world record score, rain comes down and we knock 'em off under Duckwork/Lewis/Whatever with one ball to spare.

And then sit back and watch 'em post about Aussie cheats while they suck on their junior mints and empty the sand and bottle caps out of their pants pockets. And as the game is over, they can put all of the old used balls back in the umpire's box as well.
176 balls to spare*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farcical way to end a ridiculous series. The duckworth system really is clueless when a team is still 144 runs behind. Chasing a total of 302 and only needing to be 86 off 20 overs is stupid

I agree with you, even though you're being your usual whinging Pom self.

Did you see the previous game?

I agree with you, even though you're being your usual whinging Pom self.

Did you see the previous game?
I did and there was some good cricket played by both sides over the course of the 5 match series but to schedule it in late September when its 6 degrees and rain highly likely was always going to produce rain affected games. Both teams were resting key players at various stages. The 100 competition which is another competition we probably dont need was played in the middle of summer. It just cheapens series like the Eng Vs Aust one which is sad to get more money into the ECB coffers and broadcasters. Hope thats not too much whinging on this occasion 😂

I did and there was some good cricket played by both sides over the course of the 5 match series but to schedule it in late September when its 6 degrees and rain highly likely was always going to produce rain affected games. Both teams were resting key players at various stages. The 100 competition which is another competition we probably dont need was played in the middle of summer. It just cheapens series like the Eng Vs Aust one which is sad to get more money into the ECB coffers and broadcasters. Hope thats not too much whinging on this occasion 😂

No, complete lack of whinging in this post. Well done.

The whinging was about losing the series tie-breaker under DL rules, whilst ignoring that the series went to a tie-breaker due to England winning the last game ... under DL rules.

I've still got doubts over our batting.

Smith is on the downward slide, Marnus has been average for a while now.

Do they open with Head so they can fit Green in?
Agreed on smith and marnus, dont think a home series will save them.

I guess they will, but this might be one of those transition series that we need to move to the next batch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back