Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

The MCC and The Long Room are always open to the general public on shield days.
You know that they won't let me back in after the "incident" with the fish, the broom and the can of paint from 2023. They use the same AI facial recognition system as Bunnings and Coles, which was my undoing.

You know that they won't let me back in after the "incident" with the fish, the broom and the can of paint from 2023. They use the same AI facial recognition system as Bunnings and Coles, which was my undoing.
With efforts like that, you should be well equipped for hazing/crossing the equator with the RAN. King Corey can give you more info.

The Black Caps beat India in India for only the third time ever, and NZW win the World Cup. Not a bad day for the Kiwis.

Another South African choke in a major tournament. Beat the red hot favourites in the semi and bottle the final. Some things never change.

The Black Caps beat India in India for only the third time ever, and NZW win the World Cup. Not a bad day for the Kiwis.

Suzie Bates has the most international caps in women's cricket history, yet she has played more Olympic basketball tournaments than test matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's obviously a significant degree of brazenness to what Pakistan are doing here but just where is the line? Guardian of all things moral in cricket Ben Stokes ordered flat pitches for the home Ashes in 2023 because he thought it suited them best (it's one of the reasons why I think they'll be dangerous here in 2025/26) and no one batted an eyelid. I would love to see curators left to their own devices to prepare the best possible wicket for a good game of cricket and who knows, it may even contribute to the health of the game outside the big 3?
Anyway, I hope the 3 men and a dog who bother rolling up to Rawalpindi enjoy whatever they're served up

Well it's straight out pitch doctoring. But I don't think anyone cares about it anymore, if ever. Even Stokes said after the Test, Pakistan are the home team so the advantage they get is to prepare the pitches any way they like. Now that they lost the First Test, check out what the Indian pitches will look like for the last two. The dustiest of dusty dustbowls which will break up before lunch on Day 1 is my bet. No way NZ will win again with Henry, O'Rourke and Southee taking 17 wickets.

Great win by NZ against India. I bet the next pitch is prepared to rag all over the place for the Indian spinners
India are gettable on rank turners at home. The tests we won in 2017 and 2023, were on dustbowls. They turned so much that straight breakers like SOK and Kuhnemann picked up bags, while it turned too much for Ashwin and Jadeja to be dangerous.

Test's. Real cricket.
Selectors have been using white-ball cricket as an entree to the test side for decades, so Sutherland is at least in their thoughts. As it stands, if he hasn't been picked so far, it's not because he's Victorian, it's because the incumbents are unusually durable and successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back