Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but who did Adelaide, Carlton and Fremantle hire for this sort of role? You said Rhyce was the only first year coach not to have this sort of support.

Sorry should have worded it differently. Not hired within the club to work, just outside mentoring. Either way its a sad situation and glad Brady Rawlings is at the club to sort out the mess.

Well, I would like the people who constantly monitor my communications to be fully aware that I discourage such things, and have never met sbdan.
He says over cones of patchouli and lines of Rhino Horn.

Posted on rumour board, so grain of salt.

"I have heard the players are having a meeting today to be updated with what is happening with Shaw, before being made public later today."

May mean we hear something this afternoon...
Thanks! Maybe I'll go and do some work then.

I think the only problem we had, other than injuries, is that players didn't run as hard, chase as hard, tackle as hard as we did last year. We didn't revert back and we played better against Brisbane and Eagles, there is a fundamental problem with the effort our players put in towards doing the basics, there was far too much of a variance in those fundamentals of not giving your opponent too much space, stop the uncontested marks, pressure the guy with the ball, this wasn't a change in Shaw's plan that stopped the players doing these basics.

There's a lot of wobbly factors involved in 2020 comparisons, but our match I50-R50 ratio was down by about 17% on 2019, and my view is that's because of this higher possession game style between defence and half forward.

This increased possession also resulted in us going from 16th (2019) to 4th (2020) for turnovers, and naturally, it curbed our scoring opportunities.

Score wise our defence didn't really improve when you factor that 71 points were conceded this year compared to 83 in 2019 and then factor the shortened quarters, however, there's no getting away from the fact that our own scoring was significantly impacted when you compare 2020 & 50 points per match compared with 2019 and 83 points per match.

The logical conclusion is that the new game plan designed to maintain possession between full back and the forward 50 metre arc had no real impact on scores against, but significantly impacted our own scoring.

Guys like Jamie, Jasper, Marley would be well aware they are highly unlikely to catch on elsewhere. Not that I think those specific players would be the problem, but it's not unreasonable to think a few would be going through the motions. And of course it's a stressful time to lose your job and be dumped into the post-covid economy.

I would be surprised if Jasper & Marley didn't get a gig, and I reckon Jamie is going to pull up stumps on AFL footy altogether.

I reckon Jamie is going to pull up stumps on AFL footy altogether.

Most likely. Small chance with his stronger than normal off-field prospects he could have a free hit at playing next year (ie doesn't need the $$) but with a young bub etc I can't see it happening.

Most likely. Small chance with his stronger than normal off-field prospects he could have a free hit at playing next year (ie doesn't need the $$) but with a young bub etc I can't see it happening.

He is well educated & connected and who needs to put up with AFL bullshit when you have other things going for you?

He's also a very loyal North man in the Tazz mould.

There's a lot of wobbly factors involved in 2020 comparisons, but our match I50-R50 ratio was down by about 17% on 2019, and my view is that's because of this higher possession game style between defence and half forward.

This increased possession also resulted in us going from 16th (2019) to 4th (2020) for turnovers, and naturally, it curbed our scoring opportunities.

Score wise our defence didn't really improve when you factor that 71 points were conceded this year compared to 83 in 2019 and then factor the shortened quarters, however, there's no getting away from the fact that our own scoring was significantly impacted when you compare 2020 & 50 points per match compared with 2019 and 83 points per match.

The logical conclusion is that the new game plan designed to maintain possession between full back and the forward 50 metre arc had no real impact on scores against, but significantly impacted our own scoring.
Add to this preseason built on running.. we ran over the top of st kilda and gws.
we lost all of that effort when we went into lockdown and then the shorten quarters meant an advantage we had couldn’t be capitalised.

Add to this preseason built on running.. we ran over the top of st kilda and gws.
we lost all of that effort when we went into lockdown and then the shorten quarters meant an advantage we had couldn’t be capitalised.

There's a lot of blurry lines in the analysis, but I reckon my 3-4 basic points hold up well with what actually happened.

Now, if you factor that many blokes were played contra to their best personal performance factors, and then combine that with some of the delistings & murmurings, then it's logical to conclude that the same thing will happen again next year, it's going to take a while to gel, and it's going to be less attractive to watch. Will it ultimately result in better win-loss outcomes? I can't say.

There's a lot of blurry lines in the analysis, but I reckon my 3-4 basic points hold up well with what actually happened.

Now, if you factor that many blokes were played contra to their best personal performance factors, and then combine that with some of the delistings & murmurings, then it's logical to conclude that the same thing will happen again next year, it's going to take a while to gel, and it's going to be less attractive to watch. Will it ultimately result in better win-loss outcomes? I can't say.
It’s honestly hard to tell what to make of it, when you have over half you team out with injuries and by the looks of it, some of the players gave up or simply couldn’t get form because no 2nds team?
But we’ve needed better users out of defence for eons, which hopefully we’ll address, seems like they’ve actually ditched the run and gun approach. With guys who can run fast but no hit a target.
But honestly who knows until next year..

Posted on rumour board, so grain of salt.

"I have heard the players are having a meeting today to be updated with what is happening with Shaw, before being made public later today."

May mean we hear something this afternoon...
Nice of them to keep the 3 remaining players in the loop.

Unbelievable censorship tbh. Its all over social media, in the rumours thread on AFL (I didn't know that existed) and the one place it can discussed and moderated, you guys censor it. Poor decision. if you delete every post that isn't 100% proven or confirmed by the club, Bf would not exist.
Why would you want to align your standards with Facebook and Twitter?

I am appreciative that the mods are setting OUR standard. If that happens to be a higher standard, good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our forward structure and I guess the ability to transition that went with it, was broken all year compared to last year.

Fwiw.

Our forward structure and I guess the ability to transition that went with it, was broken all year compared to last year.

Fwiw.

The numbers don't lie ferbs.

Ultimately, it might put us in contention again, but I don't think we're going to see scoring like we did under Brad again, especially considering the coaching influences.

The main reason I've been discounting this rumour is because the knobs in the media have continued to lay the boot into the club. If it turns out that it IS true, and these people knew, and yet they continued to mount attack after attack on shaw and the rest of the administration...

The main reason I've been discounting this rumour is because the knobs in the media have continued to lay the boot into the club. If it turns out that it IS true, and these people knew, and yet they continued to mount attack after attack on shaw and the rest of the administration...

they do know they just aren't reporting anything

Our club has had to fight for our existence from day dot from being blackballed from joining the league by the bigger clubs at the very beginning to fighting negative press and hostile heads of the league, to player scandal, we have negotiated it all.
Everybody talks about the intangible shinboner spirit, it’s not intangible at all it is the difficulties And hardships that define us and is the very fuel that feeds our success. We historically have used every once of the never ending challenges thrown our way to our advantage and we will continue to do so.
So bring it on Damo

This may or may not be deleted , but if everything that most of us have heard is true then the club must move on this at express speed . If it comes to pass that we need a new coach then everything needs to be re-evaluated as there are so many questions that come with that .

I’m not going to go through a whole list of what or what if’s because it would take days but the first thing that comes to my mind is , that if JB is set on being a senior assistant only & a new coach comes in who wants to implement an attacking game style does that then mean BBB is all of a sudden a required player ?

like I said “ if “ rumours are correct then we need to expedite things quickly because this has the potential to spiral out of control pretty quickly .

Our club has had to fight for our existence from day dot from being blackballed from joining the league by the bigger clubs at the very beginning to fighting negative press and hostile heads of the league, to player scandal, we have negotiated it all.
Everybody talks about the intangible shinboner spirit, it’s not intangible at all it is the difficulties And hardships that define us and is the very fuel that feeds our success. We historically have used every once of the never ending challenges thrown our way to our advantage and we will continue to do so.
So bring it on Damo
good one.

From disaster can come unity, strength and resolve. If this is all true we gotta get around each other from here.

[edit: I got to stop thinking this crap until something is actually announced on the matter!]

Last edited:
This may or may not be deleted , but if everything that most of us have heard is true then the club must move on this at express speed . If it comes to pass that we need a new coach then everything needs to be re-evaluated as there are so many questions that come with that .

I’m not going to go through a whole list of what or what if’s because it would take days but the first thing that comes to my mind is , that if JB is set on being a senior assistant only & a new coach comes in who wants to implement an attacking game style does that then mean BBB is all of a sudden a required player ?

like I said “ if “ rumours are correct then we need to expedite things quickly because this has the potential to spiral out of control pretty quickly .

its starting to spiral out of control through social media the past 2-3 days. I'm sure the club will come out soon to clear the air. Shawry is wrapped to have Blakey on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back