Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

This may or may not be deleted , but if everything that most of us have heard is true then the club must move on this at express speed . If it comes to pass that we need a new coach then everything needs to be re-evaluated as there are so many questions that come with that .

I’m not going to go through a whole list of what or what if’s because it would take days but the first thing that comes to my mind is , that if JB is set on being a senior assistant only & a new coach comes in who wants to implement an attacking game style does that then mean BBB is all of a sudden a required player ?

like I said “ if “ rumours are correct then we need to expedite things quickly because this has the potential to spiral out of control pretty quickly .

What's the rush?

"... the AFL Trade Period will take place from November 4 to November 12, with the Free Agency period commencing on October 30."

And I think that club insiders probably know this and also know the timeline.
Fair comment - and the actual timeline is not the same as the social media/BF one. It will be good when something clear is next communicated, but if there is anything to the rumour then the priority is that the next decisions are taken with clear heads and not in a way that adds to personal pressure.

Who hears info about a footy club, then conducts a deep dive analysis that gets info from multiple sources, then puts it in a word document with numbered bullet points before sending it to their mates?

Piss off.

ps - what did you mean by "hey it won't open in Word Online"?

The problem being they can't be trusted to perform a role consistently, if they could, they wouldn't be in this position. You can't have 4 people in your defensive 50 leak a goal each on average every week when the competition as a whole is averaging 8 goals a game.
Not my point though. Just an accident I happened to list 3 defenders. You want blokes to play for the jumper, for pride in their own performance, for their mates, of course. And it's shitty watching some of the efforts the team as a whole put out in the back half of the season. But it shouldn't be surprising if some players are realistic about their prospects of a new gig here or elsewhere at the age of 27-28 and aren't busting their gut purely to audition for a new contract.

its starting to spiral out of control through social media the past 2-3 days. I'm sure the club will come out soon to clear the air. Shawry is wrapped to have Blakey on board.
Sorry do you mean he is actually wrapt he is on Board, the Club should make that statement or both?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would be surprised if Jasper & Marley didn't get a gig, and I reckon Jamie is going to pull up stumps on AFL footy altogether.
I'd be very surprised if any of them got a new gig. Doesn't mean they wouldn't have been worth keeping under other circumstances, just that clubs aren't taking them on in favour of a younger model.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry do you mean he is actually wrapt he is on Board, the Club should make that statement or both?

sorry *wrapt he is on board. Having a crappy day as my father past away 2 years ago today so just trying to keep myself occupied :)

sorry *wrapt he is on board. Having a crappy day as my father past away 2 years ago today so just trying to keep myself occupied :)

:( , thinking of ya mate. :thumbsu:

Not my point though. Just an accident I happened to list 3 defenders. You want blokes to play for the jumper, for pride in their own performance, for their mates, of course. And it's shitty watching some of the efforts the team as a whole put out in the back half of the season. But it shouldn't be surprising if some players are realistic about their prospects of a new gig here or elsewhere at the age of 27-28 and aren't busting their gut purely to audition for a new contract.

Even making it on an AFL list is an amazing achievement, 99.9% of the population can't do it or are not prepared to make the sacrifices in order to achieve it so I am not potting guys for the sake of potting them... my point is the lack of effort has persisted, for many of them for a long time they have been inconsistent before their careers came to the point of no return. We know they would give up because they realistically gave up pushing themselves a long time ago and if salvaging your career isn't enough to motivate you to have a crack then the calls were long overdue imo.

It takes a rare breed of person to become an AFL player, it takes an even rarer one to become a great player. We have too many that aren't great and too many who were happy with the status quo and the outcomes from the effort they wanted to put in. That is cancerous, almost Carlton of the Pagan era type of apathy.

We should have done something about it a long time ago. Scott either couldn't do it or was prevented from doing something about it. Whenever he was angry post game and talked about changes and the next Thursday rolled along with zero changes it said pretty much what we needed to know about who was calling the shots.

I rather wipe the entire slate clean that go through this decade after decade until I kick the bucket.

Sorry to hear.

I meant do you have mail on Shaw being pleased with the appointment? This would be great for a whole heap of reasons.

Don't care about typos, sorry if it came across that way

Sorry to hear.

I meant do you have mail on Shaw being pleased with the appointment? This would be great for a whole heap of reasons.

Don't care about typos, sorry if it came across that way

yep Shaw is pleased with the appointment

Who hears info about a footy club, then conducts a deep dive analysis that gets info from multiple sources, then puts it in a word document with numbered bullet points before sending it to their mates?

Piss off.
Yeah I got that from a Carlton bloke I know too.

I don't think he liked my reply refuting a number of those points.

Crickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back