News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to read back through this thread as best as I can but I am yet to read how you stop so called North Members allowing their Opposition Supporter BFFs to sit in North designated areas.

It is impossible to police.

My way is to create uncomfortable arguments with said supporters.

This is where it ****s me no end. I buy reserved seat memberships for the convenience as much as the best viewing. I like to have a meal and drinks with the family close to the ground, arrive at banner time and watch the game. If I have to roll up an hour and a half before a match to make sure I have decent seats where 9 of us can sit together they can jam it up their arses. I will end up coughing up extra to reserve somewhere else or more than likely not even bother now. So sick of this ****.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was going to post about this, but you summed up everything I was going to say. I have had the same reserved seats (between 7 and 12 seats together from the time the stadium opened, and even at the MCG prior to that). I know nearly everyone who sita around us. That's part of the appeal of a home game.

I'm going to call the club and ask my automatic membership renewal be put on manual mode for the future. It's poor form to change things without giving an equivalent replacement.

On the phone right now
Been waiting 5 minutes

EDIT.
I asked to speak to Carl directly

The club is asking for trouble. The calls coming through today are going to be extreme and passionate and Id hate to be working in the membership department.
The AFL will do whatever and I mean whatever it takes to **** us over.

Was basically told we will get 4 reserved seats at Marvel as a result of shifting one home game to Hobart.
The extra game down there and keeping membership prices as is will pay for the 4 replacement game reserved seats.

This will be done free of charge.

Again the club made the call but its the AFL to be worried about. ffs
So they have sold an extra game to pay for reserved seats at replacement games for games they have moved interstate! Next they'll sell another game to pay for the members function where they can explain the need to keep selling games.

Why the hell is a game in China even being raised as an issue in amending the constitution? We are never going to be offered millions to play a home game there.... being set up for co-location in tassie however is obviously a more likely scenario. The board clearly want to keep that option on the table for the future it’s the only logical reason why they would be against a change to the constitution to limit the amount of home interstate games.

By the way Gillion is probably sitting back laughing at us digging our own grave instead of previously trying to force us into one.

In 2-3 years make no mistake that we will be fighting again to prevent a 7 game push into Tassie with a Tasmania/North Melbourne Kangaroos name attached. Even Dilena couldn't confirm that 4 will be the limit.

The writings on the wall my friends.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

You do realize that the cash truck from TAS reduces our reliance on the current large sum of AFL handouts right?

Attention Supporters of the North Melbourne Football Club.
I know a lot of the supporters are upset the club is selling another game down in Hobart.
But look at it this way if our supporters turned up to Victorian home games
We wouldn't have to sell home games but if the the Tasmanian government want to us 2 million a year to run our club.
We would need 50k + in crowd to attend every home games to get close to 2 million

Attention Supporters of the North Melbourne Football Club.
I know a lot of the supporters are upset the club is selling another game down in Hobart.
But look at it this way if our supporters turned up to Victorian home games
We wouldn't have to sell home games but if the the Tasmanian government want to us 2 million a year to run our club.
We would need 50k + in crowd to attend every home games to get close to 2 million
And why is that we can play in front of 12,000 in Hobart and make money if it was purely an attendance issue? :stern look

I understand his decision but I don't like turning my back on one of my few commitments in life.

Fair enough. But I'll continue to back the club in with the decisions they make. From where we were 15 years ago and 10 years ago, to now is unrecognisable! They've done a terrific job. I'm certainly not going to give up supporting the club I love because one more game is being played in Tassie.

I understand the seating/replacement game worry for everyone & thats justifiable!

I also respect Heath and Carl coming on to BF to answer some of the comments here. How many clubs hierarchy do that? (Genuine question). Respect is a very important trait in life and not enough people use it!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair enough. But I'll continue to back the club in with the decisions they make. From where we were 15 years ago and 10 years ago, to now is unrecognisable! They've done a terrific job. I'm certainly not going to give up supporting the club I love because one more game is being played in Tassie.

I understand the seating/replacement game worry for everyone & thats justifiable!

I also respect Heath and Carl coming on to BF to answer some of the comments here. How many clubs hierarchy do that? (Genuine question). Respect is a very important trait in life and not enough people use it!

Other clubs board members dont need to come on here to explain becouse they don't keep f****** thier supporter base with no lube

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes you will continue to back those at the club who wish to play "Home Games" in your State. :stern look

So we are trying to hold our membership up by offering less games to said membership - what the **** are you smoking nmfc.

When’s the next AGM - this is absolute bullshit
Is there an end date for these tassie games.
Yep. The most important question of the lot. Is there an end date to these Tassie Games? No Bull? :stern look

The question hasn’t been raised yet, who are we paying down there in this forth game?

What’s the bet it’s a Collingwood or Richmond, because the Tassie Govenrment wants to see some tourist dollars flowing down for the local economy.

:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back