NMFC vs Swans at Narrandera - Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

........last thing anyone needs is a topliner going down.....

If I hitchhike up I'll take a "topliner", tautliner or a combi van that's going back down to Melbs ozzy. Beggars can't be choosy!

Scratch that. Just google-maps'd it. It's about 340kms away. The distance/time isn't the issue, however I literally can't afford the petrol at the moment.

Ah well. Would have been good - I would have taken my Camera out and got some shots/video.

Scratch that. Just google-maps'd it. It's about 340kms away. The distance/time isn't the issue, however I literally can't afford the petrol at the moment.

Ah well. Would have been good - I would have taken my Camera out and got some shots/video.

There may well be others heading there from Canberra 'wiko, who'd be willing to offer you a ride, though this thread hasn't been swamped with "yeah, can't wait to see my boys live" posts from anyone with a Canberra "Location" listed.

Well if anyone IS coming from or going through Canberra on their way to the game, hit me up.

Or, if anyone wants to sponsor my trip to Narrandera... ;)

I look forward to your match report then 'poker :thumbsu:
It will be a test of my rather limited observation & writing skills, but I will do my best.
Actually saw us play the Swans in a praccy match at Narrandera once before (1986) - Swannies had a fair side at that stage as the Doc's cheques hadn't started bouncing yet. We got smashed but it was the only time I ever got the chance to Jimmy & Phil live.
Anyway, would be nice if Majak & Cunnington got a bit of a run & hopefully no injuries before the real stuff starts.

It will be a test of my rather limited observation & writing skills, but I will do my best.
Actually saw us play the Swans in a praccy match at Narrandera once before (1986) - Swannies had a fair side at that stage as the Doc's cheques hadn't started bouncing yet. We got smashed but it was the only time I ever got the chance to Jimmy & Phil live.
Anyway, would be nice if Majak & Cunnington got a bit of a run & hopefully no injuries before the real stuff starts.

Perfect qualifications for a BF matchday reporter tp, don't sweat it......we'll appreciate whatever you're able post. You'll be surprised how much comes to mind well after making an initial report. Whenever it does, post away and we'll be very thankful. I hate missing a game live!

Don't expect Majak to get a run. He's undergoing his footy education with Werribee, for game experience, and with us for training and development. There's no plans at all for him to play in 2010, other than with Werribee. Cunners is a big chance to play a half or so. You LUCKY b@st@rd :( :thumbsu:

Cost of a siphon hose: $10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's pretty offensive, dude.

I prefer to call them 'bitches'.

2795972.jpg

Interesting to see if they decide to field a close to round 1 side or experiment with those that havent had much of a chance...

Personally I think they'd already have a good idea how round 1 will line up so id prefer them taking an almost full side but easing the experienced players with only playing halves.

Interesting to see if they decide to field a close to round 1 side or experiment with those that havent had much of a chance...

Personally I think they'd already have a good idea how round 1 will line up so id prefer them taking an almost full side but easing the experienced players with only playing halves.
We have a bye weekend next week.

You would think we would select our top 28 for round 1 plus Drew in the squad. Id include Drew as he missed last week, going to sit out the bye weekend and then first 2 weeks of the year. You would want some kind of match fitness coming into Round 3.

Not sure if he is allowed to play VFL practice matches if he is suspended at AFL level.

As for the other 'experienced' guys then i think all of them have had a rest at some point in our preparation so no need to play half matches for most of them.

Sorry to interupt the banter, but does anyone know how the team is travelling to Narrandera?
Maybe they will skydive as no airport at Narrandera.

Failing that either fly to Wagga or Canberra or some other close(ish) regional centre and bus it over.

Remove this Banner Ad

NMFC vs Swans at Narrandera - Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back