No.1 player in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Top dog? i'd have to say it's out of Ryan Griffen or Adam Cooney, maybe even Brad Johnson. But they aren't on this poll..

Nah, i'd say lance franklin. If i could have any player it would be Lance Franklin. He is such a freakkkkkk.

next big thing outside that list will be scott gumbleton

Yeah and Laycock is the next Dean Cox.:rolleyes:

I voted Franklin. Only 1 100+ goal kicker in the AFL in 08 - there were multiple 30+ possession on ballers in 08. Really enjoy Ablett and Judd but if I was starting from scratch I will go with the Buddy Show.

End of the day he has a massive chance to become one of the greats of all time. More than 200 shots at goal in a season is an amazing stat and if he learns to kick straight will be up with Carey, Matthews and Ablett snr by career end.

If franklin could kick like dunstall, lockett or fev and wasn;t a di*khead bloke.... he would be the best ever by a massive margin.

to all the detractors please bag him - i'd like to bookmark all the negativity and let them come back to haunt you.

Bryce Gibbs will have you wishing you tanked for the next 12 years!:D

to all the detractors please bag him - i'd like to bookmark all the negativity and let them come back to haunt you.

He has shown nothing, done nothing and is injury prone. You want to put him in the Judd, Franklin, Ablett class. Please give us all a break and talk about the players in the poll instead of dragging in a player that you hoping will reach great heights. If he ends up like Laycock or Bradley your the one with egg on your face. But please bookmark away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and Laycock is the next Dean Cox.:rolleyes:

I voted Franklin. Only 1 100+ goal kicker in the AFL in 08 - there were multiple 30+ possession on ballers in 08. Really enjoy Ablett and Judd but if I was starting from scratch I will go with the Buddy Show.

End of the day he has a massive chance to become one of the greats of all time. More than 200 shots at goal in a season is an amazing stat and if he learns to kick straight will be up with Carey, Matthews and Ablett snr by career end.

Find 2.

Ablett and Franklin tied. Imagine Ablett delivering the ball to Franklin in the forward line.

Oh and just to clarify, are you talking best player in the comp season gone, or best player in the comp over the course of there careers?

Season Gone - Ablett / Franklin

No love at all there for Riewoldt :)

It's hard to say, comparing players like Ablett and Buddy is an extremely tough call if you ask me, but i'd say Gazza.

Ablett and Franklin tied. Imagine Ablett delivering the ball to Franklin in the forward line.

Oh and just to clarify, are you talking best player in the comp season gone, or best player in the comp over the course of there careers?

Season Gone - Ablett / Franklin
Yeah, I was wondering that. I voted Judd on the assumption that it was over a career. But if it was, surely Judd would be doing much better than he is.

No Fevola?

Without being biased (I really am trying not to be) I believe on his day, he is on par with Buddy.

But when he's not on, well, we all know how that goes.....

No Fevola?

Without being biased (I really am trying not to be) I believe on his day, he is on par with Buddy.

But when he's not on, well, we all know how that goes.....

when he finished so close to him in goals for the year, yet was in a team that kicked nowhere near as many goals for the year, i think its a fair question to ask.

not saying i think he is the equal to buddy, but certainly in the same ball park on his day.

now let me go throw up.......i have never spoken so kindly of carlton before........i must be ill.

when he finished so close to him in goals for the year, yet was in a team that kicked nowhere near as many goals for the year, i think its a fair question to ask.

not saying i think he is the equal to buddy, but certainly in the same ball park on his day.

now let me go throw up.......i have never spoken so kindly of carlton before........i must be ill.

Difference being Buddy constantly gathers 20 possesions a game with about half of them being shots on goal.

Compared to Fevola, who rarely would gain over 20 touches.

Nah, Fev is not in the same class as Buddy. Fev led the comp for most balls kicked at him over the home and away season, so of course he's going to kick more goals, except he didn't. Also Franklin can play all over the ground and regularly does. Franklin has better quality of possession than Fevola.

Remove this Banner Ad

No.1 player in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back