Injury [NO DEAL!] Jack Trengove Failed Medical

Pick 12 for Trengove and Pick 23?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But but but but ... He passed all the tests didn't he????

Good luck to him hope he gets over the injury.
Um no he didn't pass the medical which is why we passed on him.

I just voted. FYI I've gone with "NO".

We said we'd trade for him pending a successful medical, unfortunately he didn't pass. Trades off. Seems pretty open and shut to me.

Unsure why people seem to be grumpy at the club, I thought we'd played the whole thing beautifully, Friday afternoons news about Trenners came out of nowhere. We're clearly looking at ways to improve the list but keeping it all in house until there is something to announce. It's much like how Sydney normally go about their business.

agree re the yesses voting on th ebasis it was under the condition he was 100%. I voted no because I didn't believe he was the right type of player
- feel for Trengove though.
It was the nature of his injury which was of concern to me. Thankfully the clubs' due diligence identified the problem and we avoided another Couglan/Knights dilemma. All the best to Trengove at the Demons.

Poor form from posters who are celebrating the deal not going ahead because of injury.

Are you surprised? Some were the ones cheering when certain players in our team were injured this season

What's a little bit interesting is, had Adelaide not piped in. Would Richmond have done the trade off the back of the original medico tests.......

I'd say no. Having Adelaide in the fight only increased the pressure to make a decision asap to avoid them locking in a deal ahead of us. If we were the only interested party we could have been tyre kicking until Thursday

good points champ.my inquisitive mind tells me
levis salary may have been similar to Trengroves
help me out with this one:):$

Geez good question. I wouldn't know. I would assume (making an ass of you and me) that our contract offer would be an improvement on his Melbourne contract. What his Melbourne contract looks like I wouldn't know. I'd assume we would have added maybe 10% extra, with a load of incentives should he hit a certain amount of games per year (to minimise financial exposure if he proved to be injury-prone).

That is certainly the way I would do it.

I'd say that it would have been similar to our Greenwood offer which was around $380,000 per year.

But that is all a guess based on my logic.

What's a little bit interesting is, had Adelaide not piped in. Would Richmond have done the trade off the back of the original medico tests.......

Dont think so mate. Further tests was conducted this Monday, which he failed. So anyone suggesting or posting he failed prior to Monday is full of it. I doubt we conducted Mondays testing based on the crows interest as they were never really interested just jurno's suggesting it due to there pick 10.

Melbourne may not have known, but I bet they suspected something.

The trade period is very much buyer beware, so you can't blame the dees. Equally I'm impressed by other medical team. Unfortunate for Trengove though. Hopefully he finds his way back.

Of course they knew, why would Roos trade out a top 3 draft pick? Cunning campaigner.

I wonder how Trengove feels now knowing what the club thinks of him? Wreaks of the Bradshaw trade to the Swans a few years ago when he was on his last legs and they tried to offload him to Carlton, gotta be a shot to the poor kids confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Tiger71 said he had passed the tests? I'm confused.

Not gloating just glad we dodged a bullet.
Maybe next time you mods can pull posters up for attacking people with supposing views... Get the blinkers off.

He had passed the test. My fault was assuming all was good on Monday. Its documented he was put through a medical by us last week, but then he received further on MONDAY. I know you think you have some sort of victory here nut, which is pathetic but you dont. You are just a bloke with a few accounts who just seems to love to rip into anything we try to do. So have at it mate, enjoy your day :)

He had passed the test. My fault was assuming all was good on Monday. Its documented he was put through a medical by us last week, but then he received further on MONDAY. I know you think you have some sort of victory here nut, which is pathetic but you dont. You are just a bloke with a few accounts who just seems to love to rip into anything we try to do. So have at it mate, enjoy your day :)

What I have since heard since is that he toured the facilities on Friday. Had a preliminary medical on Friday as well. He may have had a more in depth medical early Saturday (cannot confirm this). Since that more in depth medical, he has had pain in his foot. A CT scan (not undertaken by the club) revealed the re-injury. This was then co-ordinated to all parties.

Thus, he passed our medical. But re-aggravated it during our medical. So Tiger71 would therefore have been correct all along.

But this is coming from a friend of a friend who has loose ties to Melbourne. Could all be bull at the end of the day.

Roos: "Psst. Buddy. Hey. Psst."
Hardwick: "Hmm?"
Roos: "Want to buy a Rolex? A bit used, but nothing wrong it."
Hardwick: "Maybe... how much?"
Roos: "Fifty bucks."
Hardwick: "That's pretty cheap... you sure there's nothing wrong with it?"
Roos: "Take a look for yourself."
Hardwick: "Well okay... hey! The back fell off!"
Roos: "That must have just happened."

All that is happening since the trade fell through is this thread has descended to being even more petty so rather then wait. It's closed now, if you don't like it that's unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back