no girls allowed???

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason a lot of guys say that women only watch football to perve is because they are actually afraid that the women may know more than them. I go to the football because I like football and I can probably debate the game as well as any man can. But I also like to perve on some of the players. What is wrong with looking? I also perve on guys in the street, at traffic lights, in the pub. It's natural, women look at good looking guys and men look at good looking women. The next time you are stopped at the traffic lights next to a good looking person of the opposite sex try looking at them and flirting with them. Just watch their reaction! Especially if it's a man. Their ego's love it!

One of the reasons Rugby League grew before the Murdoch revolution was because they realised the importance of enticing women to enjoy their sport, one of the great things about our game is the number from all three sexes males,females, and gender unknown that go to watch and support AFL. The more that enjoy and understand the better, ah but i can only dream of a wife that would share my passion for the footy and let me watch, listen and read about it 24 hours a day!!!!!

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk:

ahhh but on the better side i love kickin the guys asses playing footy just ask Nick Davis about that one he has seen me beat all the guys in the handball comps at the shopping centres! not too mention knock back the little advantage they wanted to give me coz im a chick ...grrhhh like i needed it! ahh and Mags do u remember our little kicking comp at Vic Park hahhahah!

WE could have told you that you'd beat the Collingwood team in a SKILLS contest, Spidey!

The number of female journalists is an indication of their true worth to the AFL. It is a pity that TV can't drag itself into the new millenium and use women for their intellectual talents.

I watch footy coz its awesome and i love it and i have a reasonable understanding of all the technical bits. But if a player who looks like Ben Cousins or Kouta happens to be in the line of view then dammit! im going to have a look!!

Hmmmmm

Our game has always appealed to women and in turn women have always shown up in huge numbers to watch it.

I remember seeing some film footage of an really early St Kilda game at Junction Oval, around the 1900's I think, and some shots of the crowd were included, as usual it was 40-50 % female - and this was from a time when the role of women in society was strictly limited.

Compare this to any old footage of English soccer from earlier this century, look closely at the crowd, its all men and boys.

The huge and enthusiastic following our game enjoys from females is one of our games real strengths I think.

cheers

If you think that women don't get passionate about their footy, take 2 mins one day at a game and just watch the faces in the crowd.....then tell me truthfully that they are not riding on every kick and handball of their team.

We don't have to have played a sport to be able to enjoy the spectacle and appreciate the skills required. Surely all those instant beach volleyball fans back in Sept haven't all played the game??

And if some of the gals are going only for the perve so what.....they're included in the attendance figures that our clubs so need!

My biggest footy disappointment is the lack of females in some form of coaching role. Joyce Brown should have pushed harder a few years ago!

------------------
Is it friday yet, can I go home.........beam me up Scotty, next stop the G!

Originally posted by The Old Dark Navy's:
There are some very serious well informed female fans on these boards (RF1 & Bee for example). There are also a couple who are in it for less academic reasons. This applies to male fans as well. There are some guys in here who are not very well informed about football matters but just like the fun loving girls, they found this site because they are footy fans. I am sure that every single person has learnt something in here if they have been here any length of time.

It's true, the less serious fans could learn a lot about the game from these boards but they could probably teach a few of us in here how to relax and not take the game too seriously.

Live and let live.

You've summed up my thoughts exactly and expressed them better than I would have ODN. There is nothing wrong with females perving on the footy players, I can't really understand why some people have a problem with it. I watch tennis and enjoy the game. Although I am well aware that there is the odd attractive female player, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game at all. But if some people are there to perve - who cares?

For the record - my favourite female player is probably Davenport because I like the way she plays. Of course she's ugly and a seppo, but why would that be a problem? It's not like I have to kiss her....
smile.gif

Originally posted by DEES RULE!:
i am glad to see many of you dont support such comments made by stupid males.
originally posted by Carey_is_king:
"PS I suggest you read your own post on the Melbourne board. That would be the one with the thought provoking title " Who's your favourite player?" Having seen that I can't
believe you are even asking this question here."
i have read the topic and i dont see a problem with it... the comments some of the girls (including me) make about the players apperance abviously makes you jelous, other wise you wouldn't care what we said. my fave player is not my hero becuase he looks good but because he is a good player and a nice person and the fact that he looks good doesn't hurt.
you are the type of people who sometimes give male the title of being sexist, so get over yourself and except the fact that footballers look better than u!
smile.gif

So you read your post on the Melbourne board did you ? Here is an excerpt. Yeah you are a serious football follower (not)

Dee Rule said the following about her favourite player:-
"he is soooo sweet and he is one of the most amazing people i have ever met in my whole life!
3) i first started liking him when he came to my school with here for life program. he was soooo sweet and funny and inspirational and dont forget hot and he became my favorite player straight away (mind u i didn't support melbourne before... i didn't support any team)

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

Originally posted by Mr Ripper:
If she doesn't care about loyalty, she should be right up Carey_is_King's alley!
biggrin.gif

Ripper,
Get over it, you are starting to sound like a broken record.

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

Originally posted by Richmondfan#1:
lol ripper or maybe up his ass.......
eek.gif

Child, if you are going to use profanities, learn how to spell the words, and don't dare to presume that you may judge me.

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

Originally posted by walshy1993:
CIK from what u have shown in your short time at bigfooty i must say the spidey has a much better grasp on football than you do
I think you meant to say a much better grasp of FOOTBALLERS didn't you?

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Good thing about woman watching Aussie Rules - You can watch it at home anytime you like and she won't complain.

The Bad thing about woman watching Aussie Rules - She'll probably watch it with you. But I suppose as long as she plays her part (the beer girl) thats OK too.

------------------
Are We Not Men
We Are DEVO

My background to footy is watching North as a 3 year old having lived a stone's throw from Arden Street. Although I'm from a family of six girls we are all knowledgeable re footy. Now I'm a granny and follow North regularly after having raised 3 sons (all footy fans) who played the game, so I became involved as a parent and went on to become a Secretary to a Senior side, trainer,club delegate, committeeperson, water girl. Done it all. Certainly know as much about footy as the next guy. Don't mean to come on strong in my first post; but can sympathise with females copping heaps about not knowing the footy facts; but rest assured I know as much as any male and even had the job of speaking to local radio at weekends to give my commentary re the preceding game. I too need a footy fix bad. Val

I didn't have an option about footy. I have 4 older brothers who started taking me from the age of 3, I went every week without fail.

As I got older I realised that yeah, footy isn't just a great game, there are some good looking guys to perve at too!

And that's the added bonus if you ask me.

------------------
If you see me getting mighty,
If you see me getting high,
Knock me down,
I'm not bigger than Life

R.H.C.P.

Hey it is just like child birth, unless you have ever been through it and experienced and been a paticipant you can never appreciate and understand footy fully. Hence why woman will never fully understand the game of aussie rules

acuguy
2 points,
1. so men who have never played the game also wouldn't understand it like the women.
2. Women who have played would understand the game better than men who have never played.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
mantis

FINE I'LL CHANGE IT TO ARSE. RIGHT UP YOUR BLOODY ARSE CiK.

------------------

I look into your eyes and i say, I see a part of me.
And when you smile, you light the room.
Sorry i have to go away, no please don't misconstrue, i just hope you understand one day, the hardest part was leaving you.

i think that comment by whoever this guy is was very wrong.Females can know as much about the game as men do and just because football may have more male supporters out there it doesnt mean that they r gonna have more knowledge of the game. I dont buy my membership year after year and go to every game just to have a perve on the players i love and enjoy football and now its practically my life but yeah during the game i might have a little perve on them but it doesnt mean thats all i go to the footy for.

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

Football is a game for anyone.
Girls can like it just as much as guys do, i mean seriously, whats wrong with a girl going to cheer and support her team?
And some girls do go to have a bit of a perve but is there anything really wrong with that? i mean, why do most guys go to watch anna kornikoca play all the time?

------------------
cheer cheer the red and the white,honor the name by day and by night

Well I a few guys who don't know shit about footy (some of them are form this website)and half the girls I know, have more of a clue then them anyway...

------------------
~*~Go Chippa!!~*~
~*~Go Binger!!~*~

Remove this Banner Ad

no girls allowed???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back