No major sponsor yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep its Watpac NOT Wespac as reported by the ever so reliabe Age....

http://www.watpac.com.au/_files/2011 Media Releases/20110301 PAFC sponsorship.pdf
The date on that media release is 1 March 2011 which is when the artcile originally appeared on the Port Adelaide website. That article was reposted mid morning today with today's date on it to counter claims by Caroline Wilson published today in the Age that the club "last night announced a new major sponsorship agreement with Westpac".

So one, there was no announcement last night, it was a week ago, and two, the announcement last week was a deal with WATPAC not Westpac. Very poor journalism. :thumbsdown:

The online article still says Westpac. :eek:

Im putting it down to her incompetence for now.

:D:thumbsu:

If anyone was going to sponsor us it would be the BankSA part of the Westpac group, not Westpac.

:D:thumbsu:

If anyone was going to sponsor us it would be the BankSA part of the Westpac group, not Westpac.
Why doesn't your Westpac/BankSA logic apply to the Cows? Westpac are a Premier Partner of the Cows. Surely as the "Team of (sic) All South Australians" it would only be natural for them to be sponsored by the Bank of South Australia. :)

BTW, the NAB are already a PAFC Key Partner.

Did you think it was going to be any different though Macca?

Personally, I thought things would stay the same. Getting really disappointing being the time of the year again.

I read the article early this morning. I was excited but didn't quite believe it.

Check BF and find the article is BS. The article is still online. WTF.

Is there no-one at the club who can get on the phone and demand that Caro edits the article? This is getting embarrassing. Sorry for the negative tone but i am sick of Jellyfish.

It is only embarrassing for Caroline Wilson and The Age.

The club knew about it at least 6 hours ago, something should have been done imo.

Not a good look for new sponsors either, that we havent jumped on top of it.

The club knew about it at least 6 hours ago, something should have been done imo.

Im sure in 100 years time our Great grandchildren will be keeping this thread going and saying the same things about no major sponsor yet and there could be an announcement in the next couple of weeks:rolleyes:

How do you know something hasn't been done?

Do you expect the club to have people driving around Melbourne collecting copies of today's The Age from subscribers and news stands and destroying them?

The club reposted the WATPAC sponsorship announcement this morning to counter Caro's incorrect story. I would imagine that The Age will publish a very small correction in tomorrow's paper as is the norm in these situations.

How do you know something hasn't been done?

Do you expect the club to have people driving around Melbourne collecting copies of today's The Age from subscribers and news stands and destroying them?

The club reposted the WATPAC sponsorship announcement this morning to counter Caro's incorrect story. I would imagine that The Age will publish a very small correction in tomorrow's paper as is the norm in these situations.
We had PowerSurj contact the age within 10 minutes,

Surely we have a MEDIA TEAM for a specific reason? How hard is it to call up the Age, or Caro and mention the issue. It should be fixed within 5 minutes of the club knowing.

Communications Department

Daniel Norton - Media Manager
Andrew Fuss - Communications Officer
Andrew Weaver - Digital Media Manager

How many Port Adelaide Communication Department Team Members does it take to change an internet article?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously tried to find the truth half an hour on hold with the club got no where and rang the age spoke to the sports department who believed it was in fact Westpac.

Im sure WATPAC wouldnt be to impressed the only decent advertising they had and they get called Westpac.

Surely we have a MEDIA TEAM for a specific reason? How hard is it to call up the Age, or Caro and mention the issue. It should be fixed within 5 minutes of the club knowing.

Communications Department

Daniel Norton - Media Manager
Andrew Fuss - Communications Officer
Andrew Weaver - Digital Media Manager

How many Port Adelaide Communication Department Team Members does it take to change an internet article?

So which of those three staff members have you contacted to find out whether they have pointed out the mistake to The Age?

It was not an error on the Port website that could be fixed in five minutes. It was an error on The Age website, which Port Adelaide has no control over.

It may come as a shock to learn that on The Age's scale of important things to do, editing sponsorship identification error for a South Australian football team (and let's be honest, not the one with the big following) would barely rate a blip.

So which of those three staff members have you contacted to find out whether they have pointed out the mistake to The Age?

It was not an error on the Port website that could be fixed in five minutes. It was an error on The Age website, which Port Adelaide has no control over.

It may come as a shock to learn that on The Age's scale of important things to do, editing sponsorship identification error for a South Australian football team (and let's be honest, not the one with the big following) would barely rate a blip.

Andrew Fuss at Midday today.

Surely we have a MEDIA TEAM for a specific reason? How hard is it to call up the Age, or Caro and mention the issue. It should be fixed within 5 minutes of the club knowing. .....
As I asked in my previous post, how do you know nothing has been done to inform The Age of their mistake?

Lucky we're not being sponsored by Astroturf. Not sure I could stomach explaining the subsequent Age article about our new relationship with Astroglide to older relatives.

And what did he tell you?

That they had supposibly spoken to The Age.

8 Hours later:

Duncanson said that Port, which last night announced a new major sponsorship agreement with Westpac

And I bet when I wake up tomorrow nothing would have changed.

We get very minimal interstate coverage, and if I was WATPAC I would be spewing it hasn't been fixed yet. Mainly at The Age, and Caro but you would have to ask how much the club actually did to have it changed.

We have all seen issues with 'Port Adelaide Power' etc over the past year, and even members have contacted the publishers and its generally been fixed within the hour.

Surely the club has a bit more pull than us to get things fixed.

I have to admit, I think this is pretty sloppy by the club - the reason that we have sponsors is because they want publicity when being connected with our name/guernsey. I assume that we are still in the process of trying to find a joint major partner - this is sooo not the way to impress prospective businesses.

If Caro was truly the guest of the club last week, what were we doing with her? Surely the way to attract and keep sponsors is to ensure that we give them coverage, and be truly diligent in getting their names out there.

I can't believe that the club didn't read the article at 8am this morning, ring up the Age and demand that the online article was changed. It is seriously not hard for the Age to do this - and they have a responsibility to change it as it is false information. There is a resposibility to the reader, to the club, and to the sponsor involved. I am very dissapointed in the reactions of our media team - this is exactly the reason why we have a media team.

Personally, I don't give a shit about whether we are "Port Adelaide" "Port Power" or whatever - lets face it, any coverage is great and everybody knows who is being referred to (I do understand why some people have an issue, but it doesnt bother me..).

However, this has the potential to have a major impact on the future of our club - in our situation we need to treasure every sponsor, and that has not happened here.

I have to admit, I think this is pretty sloppy by the club - the reason that we have sponsors is because they want publicity when being connected with our name/guernsey. I assume that we are still in the process of trying to find a joint major partner - this is sooo not the way to impress prospective businesses.

If Caro was truly the guest of the club last week, what were we doing with her? Surely the way to attract and keep sponsors is to ensure that we give them coverage, and be truly diligent in getting their names out there.

I can't believe that the club didn't read the article at 8am this morning, ring up the Age and demand that the online article was changed. It is seriously not hard for the Age to do this - and they have a responsibility to change it as it is false information. There is a resposibility to the reader, to the club, and to the sponsor involved. I am very dissapointed in the reactions of our media team - this is exactly the reason why we have a media team.

Personally, I don't give a shit about whether we are "Port Adelaide" "Port Power" or whatever - lets face it, any coverage is great and everybody knows who is being referred to (I do understand why some people have an issue, but it doesnt bother me..).

However, this has the potential to have a major impact on the future of our club - in our situation we need to treasure every sponsor, and that has not happened here.

Cannot agree further. Exactly, exactly my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back