No Mitch Clark, so Ash Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2005
At Work.
AFL Club
Fremantle
We didn't get Mitch Clark so we should really seriously consider Ash Hansen if the Eagles de-list him prior to the PSD.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/8132229/eagles-give-hansen-the-hint/

He's good on the lead and can take a contested mark. So should I think we should consider it.*

...like you would trading Mathew Pavlich. I just want to pay back all those nutters who post a thread about whether we should consider every dagg end discarded by other clubs.

Pffffttttttt... you blokes don't know what you're talking about. Andrew McDougall is the one we need to go after.

I actually think he would be worth a rookie spot.Played like a man possessed at times for Perth this year. Couldn't believe it was the same player.
Good size and very athletic. Perhaps he's grown up?
Yes I'm serious.

I actually think he would be worth a rookie spot.Played like a man possessed at times for Perth this year. Couldn't believe it was the same player.
Good size and very athletic. Perhaps he's grown up?
Yes I'm serious.

Who knows. The impression I got was that footy just wasn't really his thing. Maybe he has realised now that he threw away a massive opportunity. Twice.

i heard a rumour troy ugle is still kicking around in the south hedland 2's and is kicking a few sausage rolls....worth a rookie spot??? played against jeff farmer this year in the pilbara as well but he was terrible. i think he got 4 touches!!!!

In Fremantles time of need, come-eth the man

ONToCWaterhouse.jpg

It's time the Fremantle legand returns to claim the throne.

Pffft.. We should make a play and snare Worsfold for the coaches box... been even smarter if we aquire Suma and even their newly aquired Teague. There's a trifecta of talent right there, folks. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oh, thread needs more Ash Sampi and Jaxon Crabb

My favourite Neesham moment is Ben Edwards from Claremont snared at pick 8 in the 1996 draft who was delisted before the end of pre-season training.

PS the real news in that article is the Eagles have got no salary cap space and a team of duds. About where we were 10 years ago when Drum was sacked. Therein lies why they couldn't trade and are having to rely on a compromised draft. We are going to witness our local rivals suffer in their jocks for at least another 2 years or watch them rise, Lazarus like, to the top of the heap in history defying improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i heard a rumour troy ugle is still kicking around in the south hedland 2's and is kicking a few sausage rolls....worth a rookie spot??? played against jeff farmer this year in the pilbara as well but he was terrible. i think he got 4 touches!!!!

South Hedland play in the North Pilbara Football League. I last lived in the North Pilbara in 2006 and I watched a man with one arm play for the Port Hedland Rovers and win the De Grey medal for the best and fairest player in the reserves competition. This should indicate the usual standard in the magoos up there.

Having said that, he was definitely a good player. For a bloke with one arm.

Shed, I only saw a couple of Perth games and thought McDougall played well in one or two of them. But I also saw plenty of South Freo games and thought Ryan Murphy played well in most of them. Being a solid contributor at WAFL level and being a solid contributor at AFL level seem to be mutually exclusive in many cases and I wouldn't throw away a rookie pick to try and prove McDougall's previous two AFL clubs were wrong to judge him as a failure at the elite level.

My favourite Neesham moment is Ben Edwards from Claremont snared at pick 8 in the 1996 draft who was delisted before the end of pre-season training.

Is he the one who had previously been on Brisbane's list?

If I'm thinking of the same guy then I don't blame them for sacking him if the rumours I heard are anything to go by.

adelaide- trent ormond-allen
brisbane- adam hueskas
carlton- tommy alvin
collingwood- tyson lane
essendon- david grenvold
fremantle- chris groom
geelong- jason mooney
hawthorn- lance picione
Melbourne- jeff hilton
North melbourne- wayne schwass
Port Power- damian squire
richmond- lionel proctor
stkilda- sean charles
sydney- andrew schauble
western bulldogs- simon minton-connell

there is a list of players from every other club whom we should consider getting out of retirement and play in the forwardline for us before we should consider getting that useless ranga hansen to our club

Surely we should be seeing if Chris Groom is available and pick him with our first selection.

Edit: Beat me to the punch KPR

adelaide- trent ormond-allen
brisbane- adam hueskas
carlton- tommy alvin
collingwood- tyson lane
essendon- david grenvold
fremantle- chris groom
geelong- jason mooney
hawthorn- lance picione
Melbourne- jeff hilton
North melbourne- wayne schwass
Port Power- damian squire
richmond- lionel proctor
stkilda- sean charles
sydney- andrew schauble
western bulldogs- simon minton-connell

I have only heard of one of those players:eek:

PS the real news in that article is the Eagles have got no salary cap space and a team of duds. About where we were 10 years ago when Drum was sacked. Therein lies why they couldn't trade and are having to rely on a compromised draft. We are going to witness our local rivals suffer in their jocks for at least another 2 years or watch them rise, Lazarus like, to the top of the heap in history defying improvement.

If West Coast don't have much room in the 2010 cap it's because Tyson Stenglein had his contract paid out after the ND in 2009, and that payout was transferred into the 2010 cap, hence the lack of current cap space. WC may well do the same to Hansen this year.

If West Coast don't have much room in the 2010 cap it's because Tyson Stenglein had his contract paid out after the ND in 2009, and that payout was transferred into the 2010 cap, hence the lack of current cap space. WC may well do the same to Hansen this year.

Oh ok... so your salary cap woes are because of unavoidable payments to superstars like Stenglein and Hansen.

Silly us, here we were thinking it was caused by bad list management.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Mitch Clark, so Ash Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back