No need to delist much players Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

starchamber

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Keep the list strong with fringe players that can be used with injuries. The draft is weak but will get better in the next year or 2.

Hartlett gone for Mclean
Bannister for Henderson
Edwards for Joseph counts as 1 of the draft
Bentick for pick 12 counts for 2nd of draft
Stevens needs to retire for pick 43

I only use pick 59 if we delist one more or delist that guy for Gartlett.

pick 59,75,91 and 107 no need for these pick will not find anyone descent then Edwards for this.

I say keep Hadley,Fisher,Wiggins,Cloke,Johnson,Anderson and Ohailipin + Scotland if not contracted yet they can be on the list and see if they survive the next cut.

Jeff Gartlett can be put on the list but he can be on as a rookie to save money and be nominated rookie.

Sam Jacobs and David Ellard should be delisted and have a chance in the draft if we can't find someone better at pick 43 maybe take one if good enough and they can be re rookied i hear.

Gotta be honest and say you haven't really added much to the board in the short time you have been with us. Maybe just try and contribute to exisiting threads for a bit before dazzling us all with your somewhat original take on things.

• Banned
delist sam jacobs :thumbsu:
thats about as clever as your spelling in the title.

nice.
Why do we need 6 ruckmen is the list? We have Warnock,Kreuzer,Hampson and Ohailipin and Cloke are also used there. There is no way in hell any club would have 6 guys near 198cm who are more ruckmen.

Its a absolute stupid thing to do that,Jacobs is only used as a rookie to be rookied as we have 8 spots on there.

I just said if we really need someone at that pick 40 something and can't find no one worth it he may get a spot but he shouldn't get on the list unless we delist Cloke or Ohailipin.

Fev is gone. so stevo doesn't need to retire.. you forgot him in the OP.

I think we'll go with just 2 picks in the national draft and maybe keep a spot open for pre season draft

Ohailpen and Cloke are still in the team as FORWARDS not RUCKMEN.

We have 4 ruck men. and next year we will look at trading jacobs or hampson off (assuming warnock has a good year)

Why do we need 6 ruckmen is the list? We have Warnock,Kreuzer,Hampson and Ohailipin and Cloke are also used there. There is no way in hell any club would have 6 guys near 198cm who are more ruckmen.

Its a absolute stupid thing to do that,Jacobs is only used as a rookie to be rookied as we have 8 spots on there.

I just said if we really need someone at that pick 40 something and can't find no one worth it he may get a spot but he shouldn't get on the list unless we delist Cloke or Ohailipin.

Honestly mate you are digging yourself deeper with every post, please stop, think and watch for a while, then post something sensible, until then please STFU.

Kruezer will be used as a forward next year anywayz.

O'Halpain is no where near a ruckman can play nearly everywhere but there.

Cloke is not good in the ruck. should be used in the forward line.

so really its going to be a combination of Warnock and either Hampson/Jacobs. IMO it should be Hampson developed a yell of a long way this year

Honestly mate you are digging yourself deeper with every post, please stop, think and watch for a while, then post something sensible, until then please STFU.
Its a forum you shut up my grand father died for you to breathe so get out of this country if you don't like democracy.

Its a forum you shut up my grand father died for you to breathe so get out of this country if you don't like democracy.

Rather than relying on your predecessors, what value have you added to Australia.

And here's a tip.

207094.jpg

that old chestnut, unbelievable. not sure why you'd tell someone to leave the country because they disagree with you when you've already defended your own right to free speech.

anyway, i don't think fish will make the cut. i think i'd prefer someone like hartlett to stay on the list as opposed to fisher. delisting depends on who they want to bring in, and i doubt in some cases that keeping fisher will be better than playing a kid. spent this year on the sidelines after being fairly regular, i think that's a good indication.

Cloke and Carlos are not ruckmen.

Last year at one point Warncok, Jacobs and Hampson were all injured. Kreuzer is only 20yo and can not be expected to carry the ruck alone, or with either of the above in a supporting role. And this is over-looking the fact Kreuz will most likely be spending more time forward next season.

The club has worked hard on improving in an area that was obviously deficient for a number of years. I see no point in going backwards now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say at a guess it must have been Vietnam or Desert Storm. You sound far too young for it to have been a war in which our country was actually threatened.

Maybe he died so we could purchase petrol for more acceptable prices...

I am not sure the OP phrased it but as i understand there is a need for 5 vacancies minimum on the senior list due to the addition of Mclean and Henderson and the three required additions (rookie elevations now count and Joseph should be a certainty). Fev is gone which makes it 4.

Bannister, Bentick, Edwards and Hartlett all look like going, but with Stevens possible retirement another list slot opens up and one of these may reclaim. It is also a possibility that pick 59 may be used and occupy this place but considering the shallow draft this seems unlikely.

For fox sake!!!

I know we have illiteracy problems in Australia, but if English is your second language don't practice it here. :mad:

Um...I hate to be pedantic, but you seem to be asymptomatic. You see my good fellow, illiteracy is the outcome of our literacy problem. :D If you wanted to use the word illiteracy you would say we have a problem with illiteracy, just a minor grammatical thing but I guess if you are going to be critical of another, one ought to be sure their own postings were fully literate. Sorry. (hmmm actually you have me thinking about this now, you may in fact be ok........stay tuned) (No after consideration, you are not correct, we do not have illiteracy problems in Australia, if we did we would be concerned about there being too many literate people).

Not that the OP needs any defending from me, after all, I am just a nobody!

Now back to the rather poorly enunciated issue at hand in the OP. I actually agree. Harts has gone, and it would seem that Stevo also wont play again. I think Fish asked for a trade so he may end up in the PSD and of course Fev is gone. I think we will elevate at least 2 of last years rookies, Garlett and Joseph. I think maybe Banno will join the Ants full time next year and maybe a couple of rookies will go (Pfieffer, has had a couple of gos around) and I think Jacobs and Ellard will either stay rookies or get elevated. We will need room for a couple of others I think but no major changes or surprises to come I think. About the only question in my mind is whether Edwards warrants a little more patience.

Keep the list strong with fringe players that can be used with injuries. The draft is weak but will get better in the next year or 2.

Hartlett gone for Mclean
Bannister for Henderson
Edwards for Joseph counts as 1 of the draft
Bentick for pick 12 counts for 2nd of draft
Stevens needs to retire for pick 43

I only use pick 59 if we delist one more or delist that guy for Gartlett.

pick 59,75,91 and 107 no need for these pick will not find anyone descent then Edwards for this.

I say keep Hadley,Fisher,Wiggins,Cloke,Johnson,Anderson and Ohailipin + Scotland if not contracted yet they can be on the list and see if they survive the next cut.

Jeff Gartlett can be put on the list but he can be on as a rookie to save money and be nominated rookie.

Sam Jacobs and David Ellard should be delisted and have a chance in the draft if we can't find someone better at pick 43 maybe take one if good enough and they can be re rookied i hear.

Are you f**king nuts:eek: no chance no way, would we delist the sauce! both sauce and hampson showed great sign's at the start and during the season!

I am not sure the OP phrased it but as i understand there is a need for 5 vacancies minimum on the senior list due to the addition of Mclean and Henderson and the three required additions (rookie elevations now count and Joseph should be a certainty). Fev is gone which makes it 4.

Bannister, Bentick, Edwards and Hartlett all look like going, but with Stevens possible retirement another list slot opens up and one of these may reclaim. It is also a possibility that pick 59 may be used and occupy this place but considering the shallow draft this seems unlikely.
Is going to retire, no doubt! i think blues aren't coming to the table as yet with what his asking for, his also looking for a skills coaching position at another club! also he getting married today i think? congrates Steveo:thumbsu:

Um...I hate to be pedantic, but you seem to be asymptomatic. You see my good fellow, illiteracy is the outcome of our literacy problem. :D If you wanted to use the word illiteracy you would say we have a problem with illiteracy, just a minor grammatical thing but I guess if you are going to be critical of another, one ought to be sure their own postings were fully literate. Sorry. (hmmm actually you have me thinking about this now, you may in fact be ok........stay tuned) (No after consideration, you are not correct, we do not have illiteracy problems in Australia, if we did we would be concerned about there being too many literate people).

Not that the OP needs any defending from me, after all, I am just a nobody!

Now back to the rather poorly enunciated issue at hand in the OP. I actually agree. Harts has gone, and it would seem that Stevo also wont play again. I think Fish asked for a trade so he may end up in the PSD and of course Fev is gone. I think we will elevate at least 2 of last years rookies, Garlett and Joseph. I think maybe Banno will join the Ants full time next year and maybe a couple of rookies will go (Pfieffer, has had a couple of gos around) and I think Jacobs and Ellard will either stay rookies or get elevated. We will need room for a couple of others I think but no major changes or surprises to come I think. About the only question in my mind is whether Edwards warrants a little more patience.

:eek::eek: Well what is that saying about houses made from silica based products? It would seem that "asymptomatic" is to present without symptoms, and that the correct term is symptomatic. I cant believe no-one picked me up on that, what are you, all still asleep after a Fev-like Friday night? :D

:eek::eek: Well what is that saying about houses made from silica based products? It would seem that "asymptomatic" is to present without symptoms, and that the correct term is symptomatic. I cant believe no-one picked me up on that, what are you, all still asleep after a Fev-like Friday night? :D

I would speculate that the majorrity of viewers of this thread did not find particular merit in using a dictionary or a similiarily useful publication to ascertain the distinctions between "asymptomatic" and "symptomatic". But as an individual and not having personal knowledge of the people i have theorised about i can neither confirm nor deny this possibility.

Getting back on topic however if Stevens is retired, barring an agreement between the AFL and Carlton over the salary cap issue, Fevola has been traded and Hartlett is officially delisted then two spots are created for the inclusion of Mclean and Henderson and a third for the expected elevation of Joseph.

Henceforth at least two selections must be made in the national draft or another two rookies elevated as per AFL regulations. Gartlett may be considered a chance, as would Jacobs, but i would reason picks 12 and 43 would be used and 59 an outside chance.

So in essence at least two of Bentick, Bannister, Edwards would have to go, most likely the first two. Other fringe players in Johnson and the younger development prospects in Browne and Anderson should be given at least another year of consideration as they have shown some talent.

I would speculate that the majorrity of viewers of this thread did not find particular merit in using a dictionary or a similiarily useful publication to ascertain the distinctions between "asymptomatic" and "symptomatic". But as an individual and not having personal knowledge of the people i have theorised about i can neither confirm nor deny this possibility.

Getting back on topic however if Stevens is retired, barring an agreement between the AFL and Carlton over the salary cap issue, Fevola has been traded and Hartlett is officially delisted then two spots are created for the inclusion of Mclean and Henderson and a third for the expected elevation of Joseph.

Henceforth at least two selections must be made in the national draft or another two rookies elevated as per AFL regulations. Gartlett may be considered a chance, as would Jacobs, but i would reason picks 12 and 43 would be used and 59 an outside chance.

So in essence at least two of Bentick, Bannister, Edwards would have to go, most likely the first two. Other fringe players in Johnson and the younger development prospects in Browne and Anderson should be given at least another year of consideration as they have shown some talent.

Maybe they should have. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to delist much players Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back