No one left, no one arrived, the quietest team in the trades knows they're still the best

Remove this Banner Ad

2790.JPG

What a shame you won't be man enough to face the music when I'm proven right....

Just like you were proven right when you said we wouldn't win the flag in 2007 or 2009? :rolleyes:

And have 3 premierships,the other half have either one or two premierships,were are we going wrong again.

Yeah Dermie is a 5 time premiership player but when he ****edoff who did we have coming thru?

You've lost Mooney, Milburn and Ling.

You are going to lose Ottens, Wojo, Scarlett and Enright in the next 1-2 years.

And Chapman, Corey, Hunt, Johnson, Bartel, Kelly, Byrnes, Lonergan and Mackie are all the wrong side of 27.

You're rooted.

But you had a good run. :thumbsu:

Just like you were proven right when you said we wouldn't win the flag in 2007 or 2009? :rolleyes:

Needs more roof.

I'll take any bet you want right now that Geelong won't win the flag in 2012.

Yeah Dermie is a 5 time premiership player but when he ****edoff who did we have coming thru?

You've lost Mooney, Milburn and Ling.

You are going to lose Ottens, Wojo, Scarlett and Enright in the next 1-2 years.

And Chapman, Corey, Hunt, Johnson, Bartel, Kelly, Byrnes, Lonergan and Mackie are all the wrong side of 27.

You're rooted.

But you had a good run. :thumbsu:

And by the time those guys retire, we would have gotten 3 or 4 seasons into our young guns. Our staff are second to none too. Don't get your hopes up just yet.

And by the time those guys retire, we would have gotten 3 or 4 seasons into our young guns. Our staff are second to none too. Don't get your hopes up just yet.

How?

How do you drop your stars to get the kids in?

You are deluded.

It's over.

:thumbsu:

2790.JPG

What a shame you won't be man enough to face the music when I'm proven right....

I'm not silly enough to think this will last forever,I'm more than happy with 3 flags out of this core group of players.
Bet you would be satisfied if your boys could do the same they need to get a wriggle on. their just wasted 3 years.

I'm not silly enough to think this will last forever,I'm more than happy with 3 flags out of this core group of players.
Bet you would be satisfied if your boys could do the same they need to get a wriggle on. their just wasted 3 years.

Hey not saying you shouldn't be proud.

Just highlighting the amazing similarities between Hawthorn 1992 and Geelong 2012.

It's like quicksand - one minute you're a premiership chance, the next you disappear into mediocrity....

1c1dd_ORIG-quick_sand.gif

FR, Geelong isn't Hawthorn. While your team proceeded to miss out on finals after a premiership year, we still contended.

No doubt we'll be stronger than you next year.

FR, Geelong isn't Hawthorn. While your team proceeded to miss out on finals after a premiership year, we still contended.

Still couldn't crack back to back, could we?

Going to be tough with a bunch of 30 somethings next year too.

You're gone.

But it was good while it lasted.... :thumbsu:

Still couldn't crack back to back, could we?

Going to be tough with a bunch of 30 somethings next year too.

You're gone.

But it was good while it lasted.... :thumbsu:
Oh. In your last post they were stars, but now they're 30somethings conquered by age? How people change things to suit their arguments.

We already have a bunch of thirtysomethings. Didn't stop us from winning the flag. We also got out injury-free.

Only 2 more players will turn 30 next year, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

I know your side doesn't have as much depth as us, but come on. Getting rid of a couple of "old farts" won't kill us.

Your argument: Hawthorn went to shit in the 90s, therefore Geelong will too.

Do you realise how stupid you sound?

Oh. In your last post they were stars, but now they're 30somethings conquered by age? How people change things to suit their arguments.

We already have a bunch of thirtysomethings. Didn't stop us from winning the flag. We also got out injury-free.

Only 2 more players will turn 30 next year, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Your dynasty ended when Ling retired, but congrats on beating 3 finals chokers for your flags. Collingwood, Port, StKilda all renowned failures come finals time. We'll always wonder whether you could've beaten a real finals side on GF day. Your one shot at it with Hawthorn 2008 suggests not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your dynasty ended when Ling retired, but congrats on beating 3 finals chokers for your flags. Collingwood, Port, StKilda all renowned failures come finals time. We'll always wonder whether you could've beaten a real finals side on GF day. Your one shot at it with Hawthorn 2008 suggests not.

Nice try but the Cats beat the Hawks on their way to the last flag and the Hawks have choked twice in the last 2 years on having the privelage of playing the Cats in a final.
Last year the hawks just had to beat lowly Freo to get a crack at playing the Cats. Result = massive fail
This year the hawks held an unbeatable lead in the prelim and choked..... properly choked.
And lets not forget the 7-0 record since 2008.

Nice try but the Cats beat the Hawks on their way to the last flag and the Hawks have choked twice in the last 2 years on having the privelage of playing the Cats in a final.
Last year the hawks just had to beat lowly Freo to get a crack at playing the Cats. Result = massive fail
This year the hawks held an unbeatable lead in the prelim and choked..... properly choked.
And lets not forget the 7-0 record since 2008.

None of this has anything to do with Geelong beating a proven finals performer on Grand Final day. Nevermind that you seem to equate losing a game with choking :rolleyes:

Cats had their chance in 2008 against Hawthorn and were smashed.

I know your side doesn't have as much depth as us, but come on. Getting rid of a couple of "old farts" won't kill us.

Your argument: Hawthorn went to shit in the 90s, therefore Geelong will too.

Do you realise how stupid you sound?

So 2 more players turn 30 next year, but 3 30+ year olds have retired. We won the flag this year with 8 30 year olds on the list, so who's to say we can't do it again with 7 players in that age bracket next season?

With players like Duncan, Christensen, Menzel, Taylor Hunt, Guthrie, Vardy, Brown, Motlop and Cowan all aged 21 and under and wanting to have more of an impact next year after getting a taste of senior action this year, alongside the likes of Selwood, Varcoe, West, Hawkins, Taylor, Johnson, Kelly, Lonergan, Mackie, Stokes and Bartel all in the prime of their careers being aged between 23 and 28, we're not going to be dropping off for a while yet.

It's funny though. Of our three retirees, two weren't playing in the finals and people thought the game had passed the other one by 12 months ago, yet all of a sudden not having them around anymore going forward is meant to be a bad thing for us? I guess people were saying the same about Ablett leaving last year too, so I guess they'll just keep saying it until it finally happens, then they can tell us all they were right all along. :rolleyes:

Yep Cats were shit & choked in 2008.
Hawthorn beat a team of finals chokers who can only beat finals chokers. lol
The most important fact from this though, is that the cats have 3 flags to Hawthorn's 1.

Nice self pwn pudge. :)

Good to see all the effeminate Hawforn metros using the tried and true 'we beat Geelong in a GF but have lost to them eight times since, but we still rule supreme' bullshit argument.

Desperation.

Didn't say they choked, they just got smashed by proven finals competitors.

Hawthorn beat a team of finals chokers who can only beat finals chokers

Again, didn't say Geelong were finals chokers. Their recent flags all against renowned finals chokers though. Had one chance to prove themselves against a good finals team and they were found wanting :)

The most important fact from this though, is that the cats have 3 flags to Hawthorn's 1.

It's actually Hawthorn 10, Geelong 9.

I guess people were saying the same about Ablett leaving last year too

Yeah, they're called Geelong supporters.

I was one of the few to recognise Ablett didn't have the impact that he was said to have when at Geelong and that his departure would mean little. The same handbaggers who didn't want to hear it then are now fully on board, like the fickle bitches they are.

Some people (ie. idiots) on the Saints board were talking about us getting Mark Blake as a back up ruckman.

My reaction

worffrustration.gif

One of the few things I've been able to troll Geelong about the past few years is how they kept Spud Blake and gave us an AA ruckman King for nothing.

If we recruited Blake all that trolling will just blow up in my face.

Handbaggers have had a great little run at the top and I will forever be grateful to them for both the 2008 flag and preventing Collingflog going back to back in 2011, but as the saying goes all good things must come to an end.

Geelong won't have the hunger next year nor can they expect to have another charmed run with injuries. But I reckon they'll still be good for the top 4 even so. (yeah, I'm being a little generous here.. must be that lingering gratefulness for them putting an end to the Pies "dynasty")

Hawthorn beat a team of finals chokers who can only beat finals chokers. lol

Nice self pwn pudge. :)

Actually Hawthorn has 10 flags to Geelong's 9.

....but well done on finally passing Fitzroy's tally! :eek:

Actually Hawthorn has 10 flags to Geelong's 9.

....but well done on finally passing Fitzroy's tally! :eek:

Bosk and his buddy hodge splodge are trying to derail this thread with their stench of failure. You are Geelong's bitch how about trying to beat us this decade? :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

No one left, no one arrived, the quietest team in the trades knows they're still the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back