No Sheedy = no '08 renewal

Remove this Banner Ad

I think im more disgusted by red+black than by Minglis...but its a close run thing. Bomber supporters should be able to see what Sheedy has done for us and recognise that it is a sad day for the club, whether you agree with it or not. But as others have said you barrack for the club, not the person. I was for a change, but whatever the board had decided would have been acceptable I think.

Some of the people in this thread should be ashamed at themselves.

It shouldn't matter who the coach is, who is on the board, who the players are, or where the club finished on the ladder. You should get behind the club and show your support for the CLUB regardless. If you're an Essendon supporter, you can't just "pick and choose" when to show your support, like red+black and the thread starter. You've got to be in it for the long haul. Every year. Ever. Single. Year. Buy a membership and get behind the club.

Reading this Thread for a moment I wondered had I entered another Club's Board.

There is no reason whatsoever to rip up one's membership form, we had the One coach for 27 years, we won 4 flags, sure many of us, me included don't like the outcome but I know I will be there on Sunday to watch our guys take it up to Adelaide.

Lets put it another way whom has had more success over the past 27 years then us, would it be Richmond (No) would it be St Kilda (No) could it be Geelong (No) etc...

Lets move forward and enjoy the remainder of the season, we are still an outside chance to make the Eight, and come next season we need to give the new coach the chance to build his side, and get beind the players.

So lets leave our disappointment to post season and direct our view toward the Board, but ranting about cutting up membership tickets will prove nothing.

You are either a Bomber or not.

1 member down. According to the comments on the HS.com.au story, plenty of others with the same sentiment...

Anyone else not renewing on the back of this? My last act as an EFC member will be to vote against any board member associated with this outrage.

You support a club not a coach, peanut.

Im sure we can replace you.
Done, I'm signing up next year. Would have done it this year, but didnt get on it quick enough. So count me in as his replacement. :thumbsu:

I don't know what some of the complaining supporters expected, maybe a fairytale finish where we come from nowhere to make the finals, then beat Collingwood in the Grand Final? Then when accepting the trophy, Sheeds announces his retirement in a shower of tears and confetti?

Not everyone can go out on top. Frankly i think this is probably one of the better ways to go out. He seemed yesterday that he had accepted it, and understood that this year was probably his last, even from January. It gives the chance for the fans to say goodbye, and the players to put in a red hot go to try and make the finals for him to go out in Melbourne at least.

It's footy, how many coaches do you actually see get sacked, no follow up games, no goodbyes.

Good onya Sheeds, me and the rest of the Essendon faithful are thankful for your contribution

I get a free one in 15 years ,ha , how funny is that !! (I`ll still pay though) Anyway, if I get a sniff of any member revolt I`ll buy two, just to count one of you weak ***** out ! How`s that sound ?

I'll do the same.

Sheeds said last night that he'll still support the club.
Perhaps some of these people should show the same maturity as Kev.

... Bit of Passion running here ...good to see.

Hi guys long time smoozer first time poster!

I arnt going to go bashing the board etc etc ... but i do have a question... Who would be a better coach at developing this fairly potent but injury struck team? ... i cant think of anyone. really....

i think fans would probably have better acceptance if it was more of a plan.... Not a we need a change type syndrome which kinda Stinks of techno babble of rob butterss ... we need a change but we dont have any idea what YET..... theres really not that much difference accept the presumed better handling for sheeds benefit

i think most unaware fans assumed all this hand over stuff would be already organized in house... ie Harvey returning ,odonnel stepping up .... not we need a change but we don't have a coach yet

I think its a mistake by the board to not let him develop out this over the next 2 years...
Our team is exciting at full capacity and it was Kevin that i believe masterminded it ...

m2cw

This could well be the greatest marketing scam since Coca Cola said they would change the formula.
It increased the support for the brand and New Coke never happened.

I think Sheedy might coach the Bombers in 08 with an increase in membership of 5,000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Sad to see him go but things change eventually. Really to say you are simply not going to sign up because Sheedy is gone is pretty shallow.
Vent your anger yes, say you dont agree even write to the club and let them know but at the end of the day the club is Essendon , legends have gone from the club in the past and legends will continue to go in the future.

Top post, agree completely. Sure I'm in mourning at losing Sheed's, but I love the Bombers, just hope our next coach can achieve what Sheed's has.

I think its a shame you'd put one man ahead of the club and its ability so succeed long term, but each to their own.

You really think the club would not survive a batch of members not renewing? Of course it would. If it came down to a "sign up or move to the Gold Coast in search of new supporters", Id buy two memberships just because.

Fact is - the only thing that would not survive a temporary downturn in club finances is the board. Which sits very well with me, ty.

I am the OP btw. Ive had a few days to think about it. Now im at the position of if most of the current board gets dumped at the AGM (and even if Sheedy is at Melbourne) I will renew. If Ray Cakeface and his merry men are still there, I wont. Easy.

You really think the club would not survive a batch of members not renewing? Of course it would. If it came down to a "sign up or move to the Gold Coast in search of new supporters", Id buy two memberships just because.

Fact is - the only thing that would not survive a temporary downturn in club finances is the board. Which sits very well with me, ty.

I am the OP btw. Ive had a few days to think about it. Now im at the position of if most of the current board gets dumped at the AGM (and even if Sheedy is at Melbourne) I will renew. If Ray Cakeface and his merry men are still there, I wont. Easy.

Any chance of you also deleting your BF membership? :cool:

Any chance of you also deleting your BF membership? :cool:

For someone flaming Sheedy-supporting dissenters for causing friction within the club, thats quite a line to post.

Any chance there is still a working logic path in that ornament sitting on your shoulders that can recognise the hypocritical irony in telling people to stick with the club in one post, then encouraging them to leave in the next?

For someone flaming Sheedy-supporting dissenters for causing friction within the club, thats quite a line to post.

Any chance there is still a working logic path in that ornament sitting on your shoulders that can recognise the hypocritical irony in telling people to stick with the club in one post, then encouraging them to leave in the next?

He asked you to leave the club?

Might be a good idea to actually read before you post.

Along the same lines of thinking before you speak

Having only been signed up for a week, Minglis has already got a really bad reputation. Do you support kevin Sheedy or Essendon? Maybe you should make up the Kevin Sheedy club. Buy you own membership for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Sheedy = no '08 renewal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back