Noah Balta - Does he have the AFL's rarest skill set?

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread has gone a bit quiet

This thread will end up being a lot like the shai Bolton thread

First they laughed

Then they argued, poorly

Then they went quiet

Balta can do everything on a football field , has at least one brain fade per game , just like Alex rance , but this bloke may end up a better more valuable footballer .

Superstar
Fair play he was very good tonight. Kept you in it.

But there are other good and versatile talls in the league... Carlton had three out there as well.

Then there is Sam Darcy, Jack Lukosius and Luke Jackson.

You started this thread after he had a couple of games where he kicked a few goals. Then a few games later everyone realised he was actually a rubbish forward

He had a good game tonight but he wasn't great as a forward last week (was good in the ruck). If he could keep backing that up over half a season then you may have a point. I suspect due to injuries we may be seeing more down back though now
The early or "one game" crow is a Tiger supporter's specialty.

Tonight was the second time ever that I've been impressed with Balta as a forward and now think it's worth persisting with. Carlton's defence was a laughing stock though. He needs to back it up consistently.

The early or "one game" crow is a Tiger supporter's specialty.

Tonight was the second time ever that I've been impressed with Balta as a forward and now think it's worth persisting with. Carlton's defence was a laughing stock though. He needs to back it up consistently.

Balta will get tougher assignments, that is correct, but the club is likely to keep trying to find ways to have him playing forward/ruck, even if it leaves the team exposed in defence.

What Balta doesn't have that other players can do better is craft. What he has that most other players don't is weapons. And he will only get better at learning how to use them.

Balta will get tougher assignments, that is correct, but the club is likely to keep trying to find ways to have him playing forward/ruck, even if it leaves the team exposed in defence.

What Balta doesn't have that other players can do better is craft. What he has that most other players don't is weapons. And he will only get better at learning how to use them.
Yeah for this reason I do think you have to keep playing Grimes, which I was against before. Hopefully Young is back soon but Gibcus might not be.

Miller to the backline to keep Balta forward/ruck is something they probably should explore now.

I am wondering whether Geelong will try this with SDK in the post-Hawkins/Cameron world.

Yeah for this reason I do think you have to keep playing Grimes, which I was against before. Hopefully Young is back soon but Gibcus might not be.

Miller to the backline to keep Balta forward/ruck is something they probably should explore now.

I am wondering whether Geelong will try this with SDK in the post-Hawkins/Cameron world.

Gibcus will almost certainly miss the season after that diabolical likely ACL. Young should only miss one game. Miller will come in and possibly Brown and they might re-jig things a bit. Even if it costs games playing Balta forward, so long as there is any function in the midfield like tonight, they will try to keep him forward and in the ruck, it really suits his strengths, especially as rucking allows him to have a presence in defence.

Noah balta is both the best kpf and the best kpd at Richmond

This very rarely if ever happens

And he can play in the ruck as well

That’s why he has the afls rarest skill set

Noah balta is both the best kpf and the best kpd at Richmond

This very rarely if ever happens

And he can play in the ruck as well

That’s why he has the afls rarest skill set
If you ignore Tom Lynch and Lefau sure

And if your next best KPF is Koschitzke then it really isn't much of an achievement

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noah Balta is garbage.

Pretty sure Charlie Curnow could play every position on the field if he wanted to.
I’m sure they’d probably let him if he wanted to.
There’s just the small problem of being crap at most of them.

Noah is really lifting for Dustys big game. His 3 touches have been sublime. 🤦‍♀️🤣

Doing well for a bloke with the rarest skill set to ever play the game so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Noah Balta - Does he have the AFL's rarest skill set?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back