Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid's name means steady and dependable. He should be ready to debut against the Poms.
In all seriousness I think it might still be a bit early tbh.

Get through these two more important series (Border-Gavaskar and Ashes) then bring in some younger players.

Having said that when hacks like Harris who can only score runs on the Junction Oval Highway and Bancroft who has the same technique issues as five years are the only other options the younger players might be better anyway.

In all seriousness I think it might still be a bit early tbh.

Get through these two more important series (Border-Gavaskar and Ashes) then bring in some younger players.

Having said that when hacks like Harris who can only score runs on the Junction Oval Highway and Bancroft who has the same technique issues as five years are the only other options the younger players might be better anyway.
He will be 20 years old next year same age as when Phil Hughes tore apart South Afica in Durban back in 2009.

If his form holds up for 12 months and there is a vacancy there is no reason not to pick him.

This year is too early but next year I don't think so if he has a big summer and continues on early next summer.

If he makes another 2 hundreds before the first test my prediction is they won't be able to resist picking him.
The depth in Australian cricket is a real concern.

I am more worried about next year's ashes.

Smith, Khawaja will be 1 year older and on the decline.

So will the FBC who ain't getting any younger.

Bison will be 34 same as Carey.

We are an ageing team.

I would feel sick if Bazball win it here when the best we have done since 2001 in UK is 2 frigging drawn series.

If he makes another 2 hundreds before the first test my prediction is they won't be able to resist picking him.

Hopefully. If he's in form and they rate him age shouldn't come into it. I would prefer that to giving Harris/Bancroft another pointless summer where they average between 28-32 and get dropped straight after.

The depth in Australian cricket is a real concern.

I am more worried about next year's ashes.

Smith, Khawaja will be 1 year older and on the decline.

So will the FBC who ain't getting any younger.

Bison will be 34 same as Carey.

We are an ageing team.

I would feel sick if Bazball win it here when the best we have done since 2001 in UK is 2 frigging drawn series.
25+ is definitely a concern but I think the under 25s is as promising as group as we've seen in a long time IMO.

We've been hurt effectively losing two possibly generational talents (Richardson and Puco) to injury

A couple of years ago I thought India might be in trouble as Kohli and the other seniors left the side ... as if! We don't have their depth but we need to start introducing 19-22 yo and forget the 25+ who will never play more than 10 Tests.

Aussie girls beat India last night without Alyssa Healy.

Kiwis beat Pakistan tonight - India are gone from the women's T20WC.

They truly are an incredible side if they win this world cup its 4 in a row in a format that leaves more to chance with an upset as it only takes one special innings and it can win you a game.

They leave the matildas to shame when it comes to elite performance & sustained excellence.

They truly are an incredible side if they win this world cup its 4 in a row in a format that leaves more to chance with an upset as it only takes one special innings and it can win you a game.

They leave the matildas to shame when it comes to elite performance & sustained excellence.
Didn't need the drive-by on the Matilda's surely. I mean the AWCT have the inbuilt advantage of playing the national sport for a start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There goes 95% of my interest in cricket this year then.
Really

This will be the most competitive summer of test cricket we get every 4th summer.

As much as the Ashes is a big series we always wipe the floor with England at home.

India on the other hand has been a battle for the past 20 years. Them and the saffas are the only 2 countries that come out and give us a genuine contest or beat us.

First time ever between Australia & India its a 5 test series as well.

Australia beating India at home is unfinished business for this group of players we haven't beaten them in a Test series since 2015.

Really

This will be the most competitive summer of test cricket we get every 4th summer.

As much as the Ashes is a big series we always wipe the floor with England at home.

India on the other hand has been a battle for the past 20 years. Them and the saffas are the only 2 countries that come out and give us a genuine contest or beat us.

Australia beating India at home is unfinished business for this group of players we haven't beaten them in a Test series since 2015.
Stuff highly competitive I want to win. Save the great seesawing contests for ages in front of a big crowd in Melbourne and Sydney for when the opposition are already 2 nil down after being obliterated in Brisbane and Perth or Adelaide.

Yeah I don't think we cared tbh we got a moral victory out of it.

It was a win for test cricket as much as it was the Windies.
I have seen a lot of test cricket and I have never seen a spell of such hostility sustained for so long. He actually got quicker. I remember turning to my son (8 and 1/4 at the time) when he'd bowled about 6 and somewhat pompous declaiming something to effect of "This is great bowling son but he'll be cooked soon. This is why you have to rotate your bowlers etc etc." 6 overs later he is still going and knocking Hazelwoods pegs out; game over.

Really

I was a cricket nut as a kid, but my interest has waned as the shorter forms have taken over.

Why disparage the Matildas? Just leave it as praise for the cricketers.

Cricket is only serious for a few countries vs the entire world playing soccer/football.

Completely unfair criticism and just takes away from an otherwise good comment.

Why disparage the Matildas? Just leave it as praise for the cricketers.

Cricket is only serious for a few countries vs the entire world playing soccer/football.

Completely unfair criticism and just takes away from an otherwise good comment.
Have to disagree, I feel that a lot of aussies are wondering why the Matilda’s receive so much publicity (ahead of cricket netball etc) when they are so unsuccessful!

Have to disagree, I feel that a lot of aussies are wondering why the Matilda’s receive so much publicity (ahead of cricket netball etc) when they are so unsuccessful!
Dude the last 3 world cups they have made a Semi and Quarter and a round of 16. They have three AFC runners up and a winners. Unless your definition of success is winning every world cup they are not unsuccessful despite having a tiny pool of players to draw from in global terms. Whereas the Stars are drawing on one that probably has half the total number of registered players of organised women's cricket in the world just to guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back