Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Goodwin in the post match presser claimed there was no other ruck on their list that could win hitouts (despite having other rucks on their list) which is why Petty had to play ruck. Even though Petty got no hitouts and can't ruck at all.

Seriously if we get this guy to coach us after Nicks I'll be furious. He has Nicks level reasoning and makes awful decisions

Simon Goodwin in the post match presser claimed there was no other ruck on their list that could win hitouts (despite having other rucks on their list) which is why Petty had to play ruck. Even though Petty got no hitouts and can't ruck at all.

Seriously if we get this guy to coach us after Nicks I'll be furious. He has Nicks level reasoning and makes awful decisions
So he doesn't rate Will Verrall at all it seems, strange why they re-signed him. 40+ hit outs on the weekend in the VFL

Throwing a young player on your list under the bus, when he didn’t even play in the AFL and was only traded in at the end of 2023, is just super weird and extremely poor coaching. Especially when the preferred player can’t ruck at all and has been terrible all season.

Maybe those murmurings about how he conducts himself off field have some truth to them?

Throwing a young player on your list under the bus, when he didn’t even play in the AFL and was only traded in at the end of 2023, is just super weird and extremely poor coaching. Especially when the preferred player can’t ruck at all and has been terrible all season.

Maybe those murmurings about how he conducts himself off field have some truth to them?

I don't even think Fullarton plays lead ruck in the VFL so Goodwin claiming he can't get hitouts as both an explanation for why he wasn't selected and an attack on his form is extremely poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine getting thumped by 10 goals and then extending a player no other club wants for a further 2 years, instead of just seeing if he gets form back in 2025. Not a great day for Dees fans!
Probably a good time for the Dees to negotiate. His value will be at its absolute lowest.

Petty was obviously desperate to get some security, otherwise he would have waited til free agency and hopefully playing better next year.

Would have been an el cheapo extension.

He either gets some form back (big win for them) or remains average but on a very low salary (minor loss)

Probably a good time for the Dees to negotiate. His value will be at its absolute lowest.

Petty was obviously desperate to get some security, otherwise he would have waited til free agency and hopefully playing better next year.

Would have been an el cheapo extension.

He either gets some form back (big win for them) or remains average but on a very low salary (minor loss)
Goodwin hasn’t shown anything to say they’ll ever swing him back again, so they’ve basically just extended a VFL standard KPF/ruck. It’s horrible list management. But I guess Goody just threw under the bus any KPF/ruck on the list that’s not named Petty, so it makes sense from that perspective…

Goodwin hasn’t shown anything to say they’ll ever swing him back again, so they’ve basically just extended a VFL standard KPF/ruck. It’s horrible list management. But I guess Goody just threw under the bus any KPF/ruck on the list that’s not named Petty, so it makes sense from that perspective…
May turns 33 in January.

It's smart list management. Not signing players in their peak career moments which torpedoed our club during the 2017 generation.

This was a player our club was at one stage desperate to sign don't forget, so let's not pretend he's some dud just because of this crap season.

Horrible list management would have been being spooked by our big offer last season and signing him up long term then, before they saw how he performed post-foot injury.

Port boy will probably get it - Evans

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Evans was very good. Would be deserving.

Dowling building a case. Maybe he and Taylor can get one before the year is out

May turns 33 in January.

It's smart list management. Not signing players in their peak career moments which torpedoed our club during the 2017 generation.

This was a player our club was at one stage desperate to sign don't forget, so let's not pretend he's some dud just because of this crap season.

Horrible list management would have been being spooked by our big offer last season and signing him up long term then, before they saw how he performed post-foot injury.
Yes, but this is a player that’s had a genuine stinker in 2024 and was already on the list for next year anyway. I don’t feel you would be so forgiving if this was Justin Reid extending a player after such a poor season.

Yes, but this is a player that’s had a genuine stinker in 2024 and was already on the list for next year anyway. I don’t feel you would be so forgiving if this was Justin Reid extending a player after such a poor season.
An equivalent would be us extending Pedlar or Murray now, during a crappy/injury plagued season.

Would again be good from a club perspective. Players who have projected to be good, signed for low cost.

An equivalent would be us extending Pedlar or Murray now, during a crappy/injury plagued season.

Would again be good from a club perspective. Players who have projected to be good, signed for low cost.
Murray has showed more in a month of footy than Petty has all season, very odd examples to pick out.

Murray has showed more in a month of footy than Petty has all season, very odd examples to pick out.
Petty until this year has looked a quality player, hence our pursuing him whilst in contract

Murray hasn't quite hit his stride understandably, still on the comeback trail. We know he's good because of what we've seen previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back