Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t we just have the best ones at their job, no matter sex or race.
Things like this is why we have Kelly underwood as a commentator.
It doesn't feel like a meritocracy now

Seems like there's lots of boys club appointments now. Plenty who suck at the job

It doesn't feel like a meritocracy now

Seems like there's lots of boys club appointments now. Plenty who suck at the job
Yes and the point is the same, people should get jobs on merit.
Not what you are or who you know.

But they don't, so what do you do?

That's in part why these rules come in. Because otherwise they'll just roll whichever blokey, Vic club retiree into the team next year and keep doing it

Who would have thought ?
AFL. Virtue Signalling at its best.
Hope it stands up in a court of law !
Probably 20% of revenue being put aside to deal with this cr#p.
Ridiculous, isn't it?
I feel the AFL are exceeding their powers here and this wouldn't stand up in court. How are they in a position to tell independent companies who to hire? At best, this should be merely a polite request, with no scope for pushback if ignored.

Apart from Dennis Commetti who played WAFL and for Footscray by memory, Bruce Macavaney ,the late Clinton Grybas, Sandy Roberts and Anthony Hudson call/called the best games imo and have played no footy of note to my knowledge.
So I guess under these new directives anyone male, white and of similar talent will be disadvantaged to the likes of Kelly Undewood or Tony Armstrong . Sounds fair.

Ridiculous, isn't it?
I feel the AFL are exceeding their powers here and this wouldn't stand up in court. How are they in a position to tell independent companies who to hire? At best, this should be merely a polite request, with no scope for pushback if ignored.
I think anyone with half a clue sees it for what it is , the AFL covering its arse. And in reality it has to be done or at least be seen to be doing it or face future litigation, it is farcical.

I think anyone with half a clue sees it for what it is , the AFL covering its arse. And in reality it has to be done or at least be seen to be doing it or face future litigation, it is farcical.
The AFL is definitely covering its arse, but I don't see your main point. How on earth are the AFL going to be sued for something that independent companies do?

The AFL is definitely covering its arse, but I don't see your main point. How on earth are the AFL going to be sued for something that independent companies do?
I agree I don’t see how they could at the moment , but I believe going forward the AFL will come out with an agreement of inclusion and diversity that appeases , and any company associated with the promotion of their product will have to adhere to and operate under perhaps . All will want and need to be seen to be bending over backwards with these types of claims by They Cleaver becoming more prevalent unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't see ROB kicking that inside 50.

Would have taken an extra 20 seconds and totally missed it's target.

Edit: couldn't see him running to take the mark in the centre of ground in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back